Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So if you have the belt do you instant spam pyros at 30%? Or just go with the usual scorch/pyro fishing combo?

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Apparently we're not allowed to make jokes anymore.
    Yet trolls run rife.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I did about 600k dps on Dragons

Our spriest did about ONE MILION dps

Well... You get the point.
    Similar results I was usually sitting around 800~ (falling off nearer end mostly) but this time was sitting at around 550 tanks did mess up though with swaps as the phases are too quick these days.

SPs are out of control however they do need bringing back in line, no one at this point should be able to do a stable 1m dps even on multi target or at this rate come end of expansion they will be over 2m with ease.

Rotation wise I'm doing

Prepot prolonged
    fireball to heating up
    mirrors
    meteor
    combustion (before lands)
    convert heating to pyro (fireblast)
    pyro
    phoenix
    pyro
    phoenix
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    Last edited by Salystra; 2017-01-13 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I like people laughed at SP for being mana battery and now people laugh at SP for being disgustingly OPed in terms of damage
    I ain't laughing, if other classes are fun, good for them I don't mind, I just don't want my class to feel like playing a piano with boxer gloves on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    I ain't laughing, if other classes are fun, good for them I don't mind, I just don't want my class to feel like playing a piano with boxer gloves on.
    Exactly. Were not asking for nerfs to this class or that class. We're only asking balance; let us have a competitive chance agains other classes. How they achieve that, I don't care. Buff us or nerf them, whatever tickles their pickles.

Deleted
    with 885 ilvl gear and dragon's breath helm+timewarp ring i did(all bosses were mythic):
    534k on nyth
    303 on eye(i was always bad at dpsing this one)
    479k on spider
    574k on ursoc
    565k on dragons
    452k on cenarius(my mirrors died from thorns)
    and 744k on xavius

I think fire is not bad now, I hope we will be able to do some numbers on nighthold too

Quote Originally Posted by Furaiowy View Post
    with 885 ilvl gear and dragon's breath helm+timewarp ring i did(all bosses were mythic):

I think fire is not bad now, I hope we will be able to do some numbers on nighthold too
    snipped a bit.

Not surprising on Eye only way you're getting high on that is cheesing the encounter only damage that matters is on Illy himself, didn't even think about mirror health that's probably what happened to mine on Cen.
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Rotation wise I'm doing

Prepot prolonged
    fireball to heating up
    mirrors
    meteor
    convert heating to pyro
    pyro
    phoenix
    pyro
    phoenix
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    Ok
    that looks good.

One thing i would do is converting heating to pyro before mirror images and meteor but it is only something about gaining 2 GCD so... this is not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Furaiowy View Post
    534k on nyth
    479k on spider
    574k on ursoc
    565k on dragons
    and 744k on xavius

I have the Helm and Belt. And used Cinderstorm/MI

I've been opening with

Prolonged
    Pre Cast Pyro

Cinderstorm
    Combustion at end of Cinder to get 5 stacks of PI
    Phoenix Flames
    Dragons Breath with 5 stacks of PI

*Normal Instant/Pyro Spam.

I've done some pretty good DPS and ranked in the Purples for my Gear Level.

My question was for Dragon's Breath. I know it is our highest DPET ability and you want to get it on CD as fast as possible, but what do you guys do when say your casting Fireball with a Pyro and you get lucky and keep getting double crits but DB is off CD. I've been able to fit a Cinderstorm in the mix to see if I can get a free DB/PF in with just a Heating UP without wasting anything, but sometimes Cinerstorm is also on CD when DB comes up. Just curious if people think its worth it to just DB even if it wastes a HU with the Helm/Alexstra Fury.

Lastly, Belt seems to be to just cast Scorch and only use a Fireblast/PF if you don't have a HU as your casting Scorch...

Gotta say I love the Fire Mage Playstyle with the Belt/Execute 30% and the movement we have from it along with the fast casts...really awesome. Reminds me of old school Demo Lock with Meta mobility.

What are your normal rotations outside the "burst" phase?

I've doing Fireball, if HU, FBlast > Pyro. Basically doing the same thing over and over and using CiS on cd.

Only hitting like 360kish on average on H EN, i have the Waist and Belovir.

I just can't seem to go above 400k, prepots and whatnot, I don't know, how wrong can i be playing, 883ilvl and i feel like i'm hitting below my mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well you time your LB to pop from Nythendra on them when they are stacked and wait for MC, then you unload flamestrike on them, PF, FB, flamestrike and DB
    I would do the LB thing but my raid has so much melee that the flamestrike slow would still be on the MC'd people when they were knocked out of AoE so I got scolded because it'd cause wipes when they were slowed trying to spread back out.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    402k Nythendra
    415k Ursoc
    340k Elerethe (got a lot of mechanics on me)
    444k Dragons
    401k Il'gynoth (probably the most surprising)
    330k Cenarius (we fu**ed up phases)
    500k Xavius
    Those numbers are a fair amount lower than I or any other mages I've raided with did. You are definitely raiding with a below average team if you were top. I think my average was probably ~470 (so around 100k higher than your average, I'm 872 ilvl with optimal stats, 6 sockets and belt, no bracers though) and my tanks averaged ~450, while no melee was under 600 ever unless they died. It's not a big deal at all, game is for fun, raiding is for fun, it's all nbd, but definitely objectively mages are low dps overall currently.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Those numbers are a fair amount lower than I or any other mages I've raided with did. You are definitely raiding with a below average team if you were top. I think my average was probably ~470 (so around 100k higher than your average, I'm 872 ilvl with optimal stats, 6 sockets and belt, no bracers though) and my tanks averaged ~450, while no melee was under 600 ever unless they died. It's not a big deal at all, game is for fun, raiding is for fun, it's all nbd, but definitely objectively mages are low dps overall currently.
    I am 873 ilvl, but can't seem to pull the numbers that you are claiming to pull.

Here are my logs for tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

It's heroic and not mythic though. Is my opener fine or should I try something else?
    Last edited by Mcpenco1234; 2017-01-13 at 06:06 AM.

Rotation wise I'm doing

Prepot prolonged
    fireball to heating up
    mirrors
    meteor
    convert heating to pyro
    pyro
    phoenix
    pyro
    phoenix
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    1) There is no reason to use your PF before FBlast since FBlast is not used to convert heating up to pyro at the start (unless pre-cast didnt crit, but you also used PF in that case) and FBlast regens faster. If your initial spell crit and you used PF to convert HU to HS then youre sitting on max FBlast stacks for 8s, youre missing atleast 1 Fblast already. Also if you cast Fblast at the start you can recharge 1 of the stacks mid combustion and fit another one in. You should do Fblast to 0 stacks then use up all your PF after it. This is because Fblast is off global so you will fit more pyros in than if you used PF. You do lose the extra damage ignite damage from PF not being in combust (relative to FBlast) but the extra pyros make up for it. If you are able to fit all 4 Fblasts and all 3 PFs and all pyros into combustion (in other words, with lust) then it wont even matter which one you do first but for all other combustions its better to use all Fblasts first.

2) You should use pyroblast pre-cast if youre using potion of prolonged power, not fireball.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    Ok
    that looks good.

One thing i would do is converting heating to pyro before mirror images and meteor but it is only something about gaining 2 GCD so... this is not a big deal.
    Can you explain how you gain the 2 GCDs? You shouldnt convert heating up to pyro before MI because youre missing out on ignite damage bonuses from combustion where as you dont gain anything if you cast meteor and mirror image after combustion. Meteor and MI both calculate damage dynamically, so if you cast them then combust, they still benefit from combustion where as other spells dont because they are instant single spells
    Last edited by Frostyspeed; 2017-01-13 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyspeed View Post
    Can you explain how you gain the 2 GCDs? You shouldnt convert heating up to pyro before MI because youre missing out on ignite damage bonuses from combustion where as you dont gain anything if you cast meteor and mirror image after combustion. Meteor and MI both calculate damage dynamically, so if you cast them then combust, they still benefit from combustion where as other spells dont because they are instant single spells
    converting HU to pyro. but I store it until i use combustion.
    then MI, meteor, combustion, pyro (that was stored.... and so on).

The "2GCD gain" thing is on the cooldown of fire blast.

->

fireball until crit
    fire blast
    mirror images
    meteor
    combustion
    pyro
    pheniw flames
    pyro
    fire blast
    pyro
    fire blast
    pyro
    phenix flame
    pyro
    anything
    pyro

until combustion is finished.
    then pyro camping. c u again in 2 minutes.
    Last edited by mmoc5be3929c9d; 2017-01-13 at 08:49 AM.

converting HU to pyro. but I store it until i use combustion.
    then MI, meteor, combustion, pyro (that was stored.... and so on).

The "2GCD gain" thing is on the cooldown of fire blast.

->

fireball until crit
    fire blast
    mirror images
    meteor
    combustion
    pyro
    pheniw flames
    pyro
    fire blast
    pyro
    fire blast
    pyro
    phenix flame
    pyro
    anything
    pyro

until combustion is finished.
    then pyro camping. c u again in 2 minutes.
    How do you wait till fireball crits since i find it too RNG and could potentially deplete a HU. Like by the time your fireball crit you should already be casting another fireball, and if that one doesnt crit youre back to 0 HU, and if it does crit, youre already casting another fireball so youll get your conversion from the 2nd fireball. What i just thought of is this:

Pre-cast Fireball
    Mirror Image
    Cast Fireball until you crit
    FireBlast mid next fireball cast and at the end of the end of the fireball cast you Combustion + Pyro
    Phoenix Flames
    Pyro
    Meteor
    FireBlast
    Pyro
    FireBlast
    Pyro
    Phoenix Flame
    Pyro
    Fire Blast
    Pyro
    Phoenix Flame
    Pyro
    Dragons Breath (if you have helm and no AF, if you have AF you cast Dragons Breath instead of 1 of the PF)

1)

1) **SNIP**

2) You should use pyroblast pre-cast if youre using potion of prolonged power, not fireball.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Snipped to hell

1) I convert using FBlast not PF so that can get on cd ready for use down the line (didn't state it as thought that's what everyone did for the first) for clarity though guess ill amend

2) Don't like using pyro on the start personally and is a very small net gain from testing.

Deleted
    How do you wait till fireball crits since i find it too RNG and could potentially deplete a HU. Like by the time your fireball crit you should already be casting another fireball, and if that one doesnt crit youre back to 0 HU, and if it does crit, youre already casting another fireball so youll get your conversion from the 2nd fireball. What i just thought of is this:
    come on.
    of course you are casting a second fireball because you do not waste the travel time of your "to-be-critical" fireball.
    I did not mention it because i'm not going back to basics in this thread.

I think everyone in here knows about that, it should be ok, rotation wise you just do the same all the time while pyro camping.

Snipped to hell

1) I convert using FBlast not PF so that can get on cd ready for use down the line (didn't state it as thought that's what everyone did for the first) for clarity though guess ill amend

2) Don't like using pyro on the start personally and is a very small net gain from testing.
    For the first point i meant during your combustion, not the conversion and for the 2nd yeah its too small of an increase to matter i was being a bit pedantic tbh, you might argue fireball is better since itll give you an extra 10% for your next cast of fireball.

- - - Updated - - -

come on.
    of course you are casting a second fireball because you do not waste the travel time of your "to-be-critical" fireball.
    I did not mention it because i'm not going back to basics in this thread.

I think everyone in here knows about that, it should be ok, rotation wise you just do the same all the time while pyro camping.
    Well if i assume you are doing that, then on your post you said :
    fireball until crit
    fire blast
    mirror images

if your in-cast fireball crits, youre losing a heating up, thats why i ammended it and posted my version of your burst which i admit is better than what i was using before.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Consider that we were boosting some new undergeared ppl so fights lasted longer than they do with a 880+ ilvl raid so dps is lower
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by slammer77 View Post
    I have the Dragon's breath Legendary.

I think I shoud go for Alexandra's Fury..instead of FO.....

yes/no... I am not sure
    i have head aswell. but flame on+mirror sim higher.

However if there are any adds or aoe opportunities on the fight rune+alextrazas fury should be your choice of talents.