Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Well you're calling momentum easy, prove it.
    I said I could do it "fine". It as a Talent isn't hard. Perfecting it probably is but that can be said about a lot of different classes and certain talents.

Prove it is hard? about the only thing "hard" about it is learning hitboxes on certain bosses. Even then you can just use the triangle set up which is yet again another counter-intuitive part of the talent as it often puts you facing the wrong way or in the wrong place if Tanks Move the Boss, or if the Boss Cleaves..

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I said I could do it "fine". It as a Talent isn't hard. Perfecting it probably is but that can be said about a lot of different classes and certain talents.

Prove it is hard? about the only thing "hard" about it is learning hitboxes on certain bosses. Even then you can just use the triangle set up which is yet again another counter-intuitive part of the talent as it often puts you facing the wrong way or in the wrong place if Tanks Move the Boss, or if the Boss Cleaves..
    No, prove it's easy by showing us some optimal momentum play on a raid boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, prove it's easy by showing us some optimal momentum play on a raid boss.
    Are you actually having trouble comprehending what I am saying? It really seems like you are.

I'm not having trouble comprehending, it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about I'm just calling your bluff.

We get it, you're not very good at momentum and call it easy as a self defense mechanism. You've shown across the forum that you're not cutting edge and that's fine - but don't pretend you've nailed one of the most difficult specs to optimize last tier in some attempt to have credibility when bashing it.

You can just say you prefer 7.1.5 without BS'ing about your momentum play.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    sounds like a GIGANTIC l2p issue there guy.

876i w/ Head/Bracers/Belt Legendary. 36% crit, 9% haste, 25% mastery, 9% vers, Artifact Rank 32.

In PvE, the new Demonic build is RIDICULOUSLY amazing, IF you can manage your resources correctly, if you can't then you'll be bad. With the same old build, STILL ridiculous. 400k+ easy.

In PvP, DH is absolutely WRECKING everyone. Healers are getting evaporated. That's new for us. Running Fel Blade - Demon Blades(completely viable still, all the QQ'r are just simply bad), First Blood, Netherwalk(Blur and Netherwalk are seperate now lmao so OP), Momentum, MotG, Fel Barrage or Chaos Blades, enemy comp depending. As for the new Honor talents, Demonic Origins is hilariously OP, Imprison is now usable on Humanoids WITHOUT Detainment(which adds 1sec to CC), and taking Mana Break, which is just lights out.

I know you'll figure it out, just keep testing.
    I wasn't referring to my dps. My dps is good, neigh great. I was referring to the downtime and how boring it is compared to the momentum build in 7.1.

Deleted
    I just logged on and joined a heroic EN raid to try things out.
    It quite honestly doesn't feel like the same class, I really enjoyed the hyper-active playstyle which set DH apart from the other melees who stood still and hit 1-3-2-1-1-5 in succession.
    It feels like a different class than before this patch to me, and one I don't enjoy in the slightest.
    A shame that the joy of a class can be tied to a specific talent but there it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    I just logged on and joined a heroic EN raid to try things out.
    It quite honestly doesn't feel like the same class, I really enjoyed the hyper-active playstyle which set DH apart from the other melees who stood still and hit 1-3-2-1-1-5 in succession.
    It feels like a different class than before this patch to me, and one I don't enjoy in the slightest.
    A shame that the joy of a class can be tied to a specific talent but there it is.
    So keep playing the Momentum build?

So you learned a useless skill .. (momentum) and are all sorts of hurt .. now that it's not the top dps spec. Be sub-optimal .. or play something else.

/thread

Deleted
    You can't play the momentum spec because lack of fury (even with ring).
    It kinda feels weird now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    So you learned a useless skill .. (momentum) and are all sorts of hurt .. now that it's not the top dps spec. Be sub-optimal .. or play something else.

/thread
    There's some issue in that the current optimal is very similar to many other specs, but momentum wasn't. There isn't really a good option to play something else to retain momentum while being competitive. There was for non-momentum in 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbrecht View Post
    What he said. Yeah according to your talents OP, you have a few that are not correct.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eglaive/simple is mine.

I believe I was reading you want 11-12% haste, 30+% mast and X high crit. Now I agree depending on Felblade Procs, even with my ring, I sometimes feel a lack of Fury. I mean it was nerfed, as was the proc of Demon Blades. However I wouldn't worry about it too much, because you have to take into account the 2P set bonus. With it, I believe it will feel a lot easier for Fury Gen.

I do agree though, that I miss the potential Momentum had. Yes, there are different specs now which is good, but momentum does not seem to be viable anymore in a raid environment, unless its pretty AoE heavy. So I like it, but at the same time don't like how its not really looked at anymore. The loss of 10% up time via Blur nerf kind of suck. But either way, give it some time. As people continue to test and Sim more info will come out to assist with the specs.
    Im not trying to be a dick but how can you only do that amount of dmg whit that gear ? you must be doing somthing critical wrong. you got much better gear than me and doing half the dmg.

if suggest look at icy veins for help and see some youtube guid m8.

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    This /tenchar

while momentum was easy to play yes but you needed to time it correctly to maximaize dmg and that wasent so easy. i can tell you that i was 150k ahead of a guild m8 that played the same spec and after i explaned to him how he was suppost to do it to maxi dps he did almost the same dps as me.

There's some issue in that the current optimal is very similar to many other specs, but momentum wasn't. There isn't really a good option to play something else to retain momentum while being competitive. There was for non-momentum in 7.1
    other than felrush still being part of our rotation, just not required to space it out.

i for one am glad i dont need to loose 30% of my damage when mechanics hinder movement.

nethyndra, spider boss, il'ganoth, cenarius, odyn, guarm, and helya all have mechanics that have forced me to skip a felrush here or there (or many at times).

getting the leash on mythic spider boss was the worst mechanical gameplay experience i've seen in wow since watching people fail to jump the ledge in thaddius's room in naxx. litterally forced to do 30% less damage (or more) because my movement would fuck over everyone else..... for a whole minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyn View Post
    getting the leash on mythic spider boss was the worst mechanical gameplay experience i've seen in wow since watching people fail to jump the ledge in thaddius's room in naxx. litterally forced to do 30% less damage (or more) because my movement would fuck over everyone else..... for a whole minute.
    That's what Nemesis was for / supposed to be for: slightly less overall DPS for that kind of situations.

Not true anymore.

Why would anyone use Momentum over easier-to-use Nemesis now? It's completely fucked up. Momentum always has to be the (slightly) best option for both ST and AoE when played optimally as it requires more effort and is greater risk-reward. Otherwise that talent is completely pointless and they might as well remove it to complete the devolution of Havoc to random melee class X
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    That's what Nemesis was for / supposed to be for: slightly less overall DPS for that kind of situations.

Not true anymore.

Why would anyone use Momentum over easier-to-use Nemesis now? It's completely fucked up. Momentum always has to be the (slightly) best option for both ST and AoE when played optimally as it requires more effort and is greater risk-reward. Otherwise that talent is completely pointless and they might as well remove it to complete the devolution of Havoc to random melee class X
    my point is more fights had movement limiting effects than fights without them. if anything momentum was the niche build.

Quote Originally Posted by Mckay View Post
    Im not trying to be a dick but how can you only do that amount of dmg whit that gear ? you must be doing somthing critical wrong. you got much better gear than me and doing half the dmg.

if suggest look at icy veins for help and see some youtube guid m8.
    This would be more useful if it had some kind of context? I don't know what you are talking about at all. If you happen to just be looking at blind logs, and not looking at what happened within them, your comments are kind of pointless. Especially since you fail to post logs of your own? Unless you're trying to say you pull 900+k dps sustained, then I'd really love to see these logs of yours.

Also, its "something, critically, guide". Fail troll is fail.
    Last edited by Oneglaive; 2017-01-13 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    You can have the same momentum build adding fel blade and first blood, which more or less solves the fury problem, you only have to pool fury first, then fel rush + first blood + chaos blade + chaos blade (then momentum window ends ).

It's not that different, stronger DPS on AOE, weaker DPS on ST than the actual nemesis build.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    The same template as everyone with RNG.

Seriously how is it hard to understand if you miss DB for a few sec, if felblade doesn't proc for a few sec you're ending "fury starved" for a few sec.
    This is just your and everyone perception of "fury starved" which makes debate, that's all.
    Guess there is some people that don't even like to be "fury starved" for a few sec 2/3 times in a fight.
    yea, never happens. yall around pooling enough fury then i'm guessing. so many l2p issues here, lots of just bad complainers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's your answer. It doesn't help that most Demon Hunters miss 15-26% of their auto attacks over 5 minutes.

Having nothing to do for a few seconds is boring and garbage gameplay. You should always have something to hit and having 4 abilities on a minute or longer cooldown is retarded.
    im guessing you're talking in mindless PvE raiding? you know there is PvP too right?

so much BAD here! your numbers are WAY off, stop min-maxing, have fun.

garbage gameplay? play another class. DH feels the best it has yet, you're just not doing it right. 4 abilities?! fel rush, fel blade, vengeful retreat, chaos strike, eyebeam, fel barrage, mana break, choas nova, blade dance, fury of illi, glaive throw x2... i see more than 4 and im leave out all the defensives lol

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    yea, never happens. yall around pooling enough fury then i'm guessing. so many l2p issues here, lots of just bad complainers.

- - - Updated - - -

im guessing you're talking in mindless PvE raiding? you know there is PvP too right?

so much BAD here! your numbers are WAY off, stop min-maxing, have fun.

garbage gameplay? play another class. DH feels the best it has yet, you're just not doing it right. 4 abilities?! fel rush, fel blade, vengeful retreat, chaos strike, eyebeam, fel barrage, mana break, choas nova, blade dance, fury of illi, glaive throw x2... i see more than 4 and im leave out all the defensives lol
    Ok you're just an idiot. This whole thread people have been talking about PvE. You keep saying "l2p issues" I myself am playing in high epic/legendary parses for mythic raiding. Then you say my numbers are way off, look at any demon hunter logs, they miss 15-30% of their auto attacks.

As for your "abilities" you didn't even bother to read what I said. 4 ABILITIES ON A MUNUTE OR LONGER COOLDOWN. But lets address your garbage argument you don't use Eye Beam for ST, you don't use vengeful retreat ever without the momentum talent, you don't take fel barrage because chaos blades is far superior, mana break pvp only, chaos nova again something you don't touch in pve unless there's adds, fury of the illidari a minute cooldown, defensives aren't part of a rotation.