Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're still aggressively missing the point. If you want to define who your date should be, then you're being a controlling jackass. If the person you're dating doesn't fit what you want or need, dump them, find someone who does. That's what dating is. Trying to tell someone else how they should be to satisfy you is just wildly narcissistic.
    I get all of that. I'm just saying, that has nothing to do with the topic or what the kids did. So yeah, you are right. But no, it doesn't apply to this situation. I apologize if you felt I aggressed you. That wasn't my intention.

Who cares? Why do you people trump up these edge cases like they matter?

The difference is in who's making the choices, and for whom. In the case I'm complaining about, the boys are suggesting the girls change, for the boy's benefit. I take issue with that. If I just choose to not date someone, though, I'm making choices for myself, about my own actions, and not expecting anyone else to change their ways for my benefit. The only person whose actions I'm trying to direct is me.
    They aren't suggesting the girls change. The were asked what they like and don't like in their dates and they answered. Now they should be whipped I suppose. I guess they should have known to keep their mouths shut?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Who cares? Why do you people trump up these edge cases like they matter?
    It's what we do in Gen OT. You come for the outrage, you stay for the ------

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I like how this guide basically says that u as a boy is supposed to have a car to be able to date a girl

And then it's the woman that gets triggered?
    The "guide" you are referencing was written by the girls in the classroom. I suspect that is fairly normal for high school aged girls to like boys who have cars and can pick them up. I dunno, maybe times have changed, but when I was in high school that was normal anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Considering that divorce is up over 50% in the US, and divorce creates single parent homes which leads to much of the problems of todays society... we probably should be teaching kids what a successful relationship may look like.
    Agreed. To add to that, I find it interesting that the only thing we expect schools to teach about social interaction is how to have sex, but they aren't supposed to teach them anything that can help a relationship work.

The difference is in who's making the choices, and for whom. In the case I'm complaining about, the boys are suggesting the girls change, for the boy's benefit. I take issue with that. If I just choose to not date someone, though, I'm making choices for myself, about my own actions, and not expecting anyone else to change their ways for my benefit. The only person whose actions I'm trying to direct is me.
    Just the same as the girls are suggesting the boys "change", for the girl's benefit. That's part of the assignment. If anything, whoever ordered the assignment is asking them to listen to each other.

One of the suggestions is even "Relax and be yourself".

Again, they are giving such suggestions, because they were asked to. Feedback is important when you are trying to learn something.

And even if it wasn't, giving options and choice to others isn't narcisistic by default, because it isn't implied to be some sort of benevolent act, and to all effects the other person can benefit as much or more than you from adopting such behaviours that "please" you.

Especially in this case, where it's basicly a compilation trying to summarize things that boys in general like in girls, and things that girls in general like in boys.

They are not suggesting their dates change, just that listing certain behaviours in specific situations that are seen as positive, which doesn't require you to change who you are.

If I'm an easy smile/laughter and smile and laugh all the time for the smallest of reasons and am always happy, is it narcisistic of you to tell me "When you go to a funeral, you should be careful to keep a solemn and respectful posture"?
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2017-01-13 at 05:14 PM.

OP i can just imagine how atrocious the mom looks.

Darling you should just like me, fat, lazy, living her life off social media and outraged at everything
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You mean the ones the boys and girls suggested for each other.
    its thats the case, i missed it in the article, which still disturbing on some of the suggestions but other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    http://www.parenting.com/article/rea...boys-and-girls
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_brain-de...-a_10310673.bc
    http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-ye...-girls.aspx#04
    http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123726

That's just the first four hits. I got like 83 million results when I google searched, so you could try google if you are looking for more.
    that is hilarious, i did a little of reading and theres contradictory things between them lol.

Btw, even if they are different, theres no need to treat them different. To anyone, by anything.
    and if you think that you have to pay the dinner because you are male, im sorry but its too late for you. you are already doomed. But hopefully, enraging over this things we can save the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its thats the case, i missed it in the article, which still disturbing on some of the suggestions but other reasons.
    Not really. It sounds like teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    only a killer would sugget you to kill someone. but ey, if someone suggest you to kill someone, "they are only suggestions". whut
    yeah. its a suggestion. if i suggest someone kills you, its a suggestion that people likely wont take. pretty simple logic there.

also completely irrelevant to what i said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faenskap View Post
    so what's "feminine" by utah standards? I sort of think about mormon girls/women here, with their long dresses and long hair always braided.
    even thinking about that makes me hard god damn

Edit: You have to understand - for some people it actually is incredibly refreshing and downright sexy when the opposite gender doesn't act like most people of yours. Personally, I like women who are girly and/or feminine and I appreciate smarts which also could be called being willing to accept opinions and proffering their own.
    Last edited by mmoc9109f27466; 2017-01-13 at 06:25 PM.

WTF is this? Both lists should just read: "Be respectful, don't expect anything, be yourself" Seriously wtf? You like feminine women? Find a feminine woman and date her, don't go around "suggesting" every girl to be feminine, or have a sense of humor, or to not talk about this or that topic. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    yeah. its a suggestion. if i suggest someone kills you, its a suggestion that people likely wont take. pretty simple logic there.

also completely irrelevant to what i said.
    you are seriously saying this???? never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    WTF is this? Both lists should just read: "Be respectful, don't expect anything, be yourself" Seriously wtf? You like feminine women? Find a feminine woman and date her, don't go around "suggesting" every girl to be feminine, or have a sense of humor, or to not talk about this or that topic. Seriously.
    This. this this

I agree, none of the suggestions sound misogynistic.

It seems people here never went to school as their reading comprehension is severely lacking. How can you say homework is misogynist if you don't even know what homework is?

im talking with my gf here on the work and we 2 are enraged right now.

The only thing I have an issue with is how this clearly excludes homosexuals. If this class were to prepare people for dating, money, etc... why not include them? Would they get alternate homework?

OT: Nothing misogynist about this at all, unless you are going to also state that its misandrist as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I think its bloody weird that a school is setting homework to go on a date, wtfs up with that?
    Yea, that's the real issue. Teen pregnancy much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I agree, none of the suggestions sound misogynistic.
    If you want to get a date with a guy, those aren't bad suggestions. The problem is why are they pushing girls to date?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If you want to get a date with a guy, those aren't bad suggestions. The problem is why are they pushing girls to date?
    Why are they pushing men to date?