Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I used to wait until half way through the fireblast CD as well before I started my cycle to ensure I got the option to fully utilise blast during the combustion window rather than PF (as it does flow a lot better and PF always crits).

Was also as it helped due to sinew proc timings.
    Last edited by Salystra; 2017-01-13 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyspeed View Post
    How do you wait till fireball crits since i find it too RNG and could potentially deplete a HU. Like by the time your fireball crit you should already be casting another fireball, and if that one doesnt crit youre back to 0 HU, and if it does crit, youre already casting another fireball so youll get your conversion from the 2nd fireball. What i just thought of is this:

Pre-cast Fireball
    Mirror Image
    Cast Fireball until you crit
    FireBlast mid next fireball cast and at the end of the end of the fireball cast you Combustion + Pyro
    Phoenix Flames
    Pyro
    Meteor
    FireBlast
    Pyro
    FireBlast
    Pyro
    Phoenix Flame
    Pyro
    Fire Blast
    Pyro
    Phoenix Flame
    Pyro
    Dragons Breath (if you have helm and no AF, if you have AF you cast Dragons Breath instead of 1 of the PF)
    It seems to me like wasting a GCD on Meteor during your combustion would be a DPS loss since you can do something like
    Pre-cast Fireball
    Mirror Image
    FireBlast
    Meteor
    Combustion
    Pyro
    Fireblast
    etc....

You would give yourself an extra PF during your combustion if you cast your Meteor before you drop Combustion for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    It seems to me like wasting a GCD on Meteor during your combustion would be a DPS loss since you can do something like
    Pre-cast Fireball
    Mirror Image
    FireBlast
    Meteor
    Combustion
    Pyro
    Fireblast
    etc....

You would give yourself an extra PF during your combustion if you cast your Meteor before you drop Combustion for obvious reasons.
    If you do that, you are potentially losing a lot of damage. If your fireball cast (the one where you first blast during at the start) crits, youre munching a heating up, also if you do your way, you are missing out on teh guaranteed fireball crit/extra heating up from it during your combustion. Essentially if you do what you said you gain an extra GCD during combustion at the cost of: A possible heating up, a guaranteed fireball crit instead of normal damage, a heating up, and the increased damage of meteor in combustion (both from ignite and from the max stacks of PI).

If you do that, you are potentially losing a lot of damage. If your fireball cast (the one where you first blast during at the start) crits, youre munching a heating up, also if you do your way, you are missing out on teh guaranteed fireball crit/extra heating up from it during your combustion. Essentially if you do what you said you gain an extra GCD during combustion at the cost of: A possible heating up, a guaranteed fireball crit instead of normal damage, a heating up, and the increased damage of meteor in combustion (both from ignite and from the max stacks of PI).
    As long as you use Combustion before the meteor hits it will benefit from Combustion. Using it before you cast Combustion saves you the GCD for your normal Combustion burn rotation, which from what I've found you have about .5 seconds left after you use all 4 Fireblasts and all 3 phoenix flames. A Fireblast+Pyro during combustion would seem to do more damage than 10% more damage from meteor (from PI) + a fireball.

I don't see where I would munch a heating up but I can see where you would pop combustion and it would benefit the fireball that is in flight.

Disclaimer: I have only played legion mage for about 55 hours in game so I don't have a ton of trigger time. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from because previous posts have contradicted what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    As long as you use Combustion before the meteor hits it will benefit from Combustion. Using it before you cast Combustion saves you the GCD for your normal Combustion burn rotation, which from what I've found you have about .5 seconds left after you use all 4 Fireblasts and all 3 phoenix flames. A Fireblast+Pyro during combustion would seem to do more damage than 10% more damage from meteor (from PI) + a fireball.

I don't see where I would munch a heating up but I can see where you would pop combustion and it would benefit the fireball that is in flight.

Disclaimer: I have only played legion mage for about 55 hours in game so I don't have a ton of trigger time. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from because previous posts have contradicted what you're saying.
    I know about the fact you only need combustion when meteor hits. In respects to the munching of heating up its because at the start youre casting fireball until one crits, but obviously you wont know it crits until youre already casting another. so lets say your fireball crits, then youre casting your next fireball already, then you do the fireball + combustion + FireBlast + Pyroblast. Your using your heating up from your first fireball crit + heating up from fireblast to make a pyroblast. Then you would get another automatic hot streak from pyroblast and another hot streak proc from your 2nd fireball + pyro. Think of it in another way, 2 Fireballs, FireBlast, Pyroblast. Thats 4 spells, 4 heating ups or 2 hot streaks. If we were to do what you are doing, you are casting fireball til it crits, but obviously you continue to cast fireballs or else you'd be waiting for each one to crit before casting another. So if your first fireball crit, and youre casting another one, then you fireblast mid 2nd fireball, if your 2nd fireball crit, youre just sitting on hot streak so youre munching/wasting a heating up proc. If you waste a heating up proc, its extra damage youre missing out that you need to take into account. PF and FBlast does not gain much DPS in combustion so it doesnt matter whether you use up all your PF in combustion, its all about how many pyroblasts you can fit into pyro. My opener will start with a pyroblast instead of the classic phoenix flame without needing to munch a heating up like your methodology.

For guys with koralon: how do you handle CiS in the execute phase? Ignore at all?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    For guys with koralon: how do you handle CiS in the execute phase? Ignore at all?
    You still use cinderstorm if you can guarantee 5 or 6 hits. Dragons Breath too if you have the helm. If you cant get 5-6 hits, better to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Are you able to test it during boss fights? I don't know how to create custom sim rotations so i can't give you numbers either.

I tried ignoring CiS and it feels predictable, i know when Hot Streak is coming and overall, it feels smooth.

Once i tried adding in CiS, the whole thing started feeling clunky, like i'm getting crits on crits on crits and suddenly i have to cast CiS.

Deleted

Explaination pls

you constantly cast fireball if the above top 3 priorities are unavailable. If during your fireball casts you get a heating up, you cast Fire Blast and instantly use pyroblast to chain at the end of the fireball cast. You NEVER use pyroblast without a fireball at the same time (if you want an explanation of why, message me and ill explain things in more detail.)

Can you please explain it to me via PM. i can't send a PM to you because i'am to new.

Deleted
    really ? that is just P Y R O F I S H I N G.
    fireball+pyroblast travel at the same time if you cast fireball and an instant pyroblast at the end of the cast.
    it halves the risk of having no crit at all... so, this way, you have a lot more heating up.

Deleted
    thx for the explanation