Thread: +35 sucks!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't get why people can't see AP like this: Weapon upgrade

Example: You were in Highmaul, got a weapon from a boss. Then you do BRF 2 months later, get a weapon wich is a lets say 6.5% upgrade.

Same thing with artifact weapons and AP-grind, its just a more predictable upgrade to get.

To upgrade a weapon on how much you want/feel/have time for, isn't it awesome? Instead of hoping for that one out of 7 bosses wich got the weapon-upgrade you need, wich you share with 4 other players?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    35 difficult to get lul, half the people in my guild are 40 and they don't even play

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I don't get why people can't see AP like this: Weapon upgrade

Example: You were in Highmaul, got a weapon from a boss. Then you do BRF 2 months later, get a weapon wich is a lets say 6.5% upgrade.

Same thing with artifact weapons and AP-grind, its just a more predictable upgrade to get.

To upgrade a weapon on how much you want/feel/have time for, isn't it awesome? Instead of hoping for that one out of 7 bosses wich got the weapon-upgrade you need, wich you share with 4 other players?
    Because critical thinking is a rare trait around here.

At AK25 you get what, 80k from your Emissary? Chances are at least one of those quests is AP, to push you over 100k.

There are generally at least 1 or 2 other quests on the map worth 100K+. lets say you do 5 or 6 quests (emissary +1 or 2) and get 250k per day.

Trait 35 is less than a week.

Basically each trait after that takes +1 day on top of what that trait took.

The last wing of LFR comes out 7.5 weeks from now. That's long enough to go from 35-41 by doing 5 or 6 quests a day. JUST doing 5 or 6 quests per day.

That is a super casual amount of playing - not including any raiding, dungeons, PVP, or free stuff through your app, which can easily double that.

Even the most casual of players will be getting into the 40s shortly after LFR is out. And this is all bonus % on top of what blizzard has said it is tuned to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I member when we had to farm all day for just a few thousand AP, you member? I member.

#memberberries

OT: For real though, I am probably the most shit / casual player you've never seen - I'm Art Level 40... So, unless you just started like >2 months ago - You weren't going ham if you are now just getting 35. I mean that's coming from a scrub like me so..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Congrats kid, you learned a new Buzzword. Go throw your hissy fit somewhere else.
    Nice points made again. W/E good luck at spamming this insane content aka worldquests :>

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Actually, no. When it was growing the fastest, it had broad appeal but there were still things you could only do in a group, etc. Want to raid pre-LK? You needed to be in some kind of organized group. Want to run 5mans? Same. Heroics in TBC? Needed revered with the right faction (later, honored). What WoW did well is to ensure that you could, in fact, solo to max level so that if you were playing during off times etc. you could still progress that way but there were some barriers.
    But you're agreeing with me. Yes WoW always had content for organized groups, because they were trying to please everybody and people who like organized group PvE were part of that "everybody". They also tries to please people who didn't want to be in organized groups but liked pick-up group PvE. And people who liked to solo. And people who liked to PvP. And people who liked to level alts. And people who liked to ERP in Goldshire. And people who liked to make gold. And people who liked to collect rare pets. And people who liked to grind insane reps. And so on and so on and so on.

WoW was absolutely not designed, never designed, to try to please people who like organized group PvE and nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    Nice points made again. W/E good luck at spamming this insane content aka worldquests :>
    Good luck finding something better to do than bitching about a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Actually, no. When it was growing the fastest, it had broad appeal but there were still things you could only do in a group, etc. Want to raid pre-LK? You needed to be in some kind of organized group. Want to run 5mans? Same. Heroics in TBC? Needed revered with the right faction (later, honored). What WoW did well is to ensure that you could, in fact, solo to max level so that if you were playing during off times etc. you could still progress that way but there were some barriers.

- - - Updated - - -

You can make repetitive things more fun by incorporating story, etc. (I keep thinking of the 5.1 Lion's Landing/Dom Offensive rep that told a story as you got more rep... the dailies were still a grind, but they were interrupted by the story quests).

At some point, that runs out. But if it runs out mostly for the people on one side of the 'time in game' curve (i.e. the people who spend hours per day in the game), that's fine. You can then give those people repetitive grind so they do have something to do while letting the rest of us get decent stuff with at least some level of fun/story in the progression.

I have 35 traits on my main spec weapon. At AK 25 I'm easily getting my second spec there (at 31 or 32, I can't recall). I'll get my alt to 110 and send her the level 20 AK tome and she'll get to 35 fairly quickly. Will I add AP post 35? Sure. On my main, once the 2 specs I care about are 35 I'll add AP as I get it. Will I grind it? Fuck no. Will I fall behind people who do? Yep. Do I care about that? You must be kidding, I'm an adult.
    Story is subjective as made very clear by the opinions on such things as the WoD "time travel".
    Even if it is enjoyed once, it will quite often be less so the second time.

I agree that we shouldn't have to care if we have x less traits than someone else, but unfortunately a combination of the direct result of those traits combined with the expectation beyond the requirements means that wanting to ignore that isn't realistic very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Ah, another bad fail raider who thinks he could be nailing world firsts if he just had 0.5% more damage from his artifact.
    Well no but my guild expected us to be at 35 for Guarm progress and 50 for Nighthold. That is too many mythic plus dungeons for me so I quit because I don't want to play in bad guilds where people like you tend to hang around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    Well no but my guild expected us to be at 35 for Guarm progress and 50 for Nighthold. That is too many mythic plus dungeons for me so I quit because I don't want to play in bad guilds where people like you tend to hang around.
    So you joined a progression guild, but don't want to do what is involved to progress?

I mean are we talking mythic progression or something else?

Deleted
    So you joined a progression guild, but don't want to do what is involved to progress?

No I've played with them since the end of MoP and enjoyed it all. There's always a few weeks of big grinding the first week which is fine since you're really excited about the game at that point but in the later tiers all I wanted to do was raid pretty much and then do other things in game if I found them fun, not because of the AP treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    seems like you joined to hardcore guild for yourself - lucikly there are thoudsands of other guilds to join - go find one that will suit your needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    You know, trivial content is no substitute for real content. As for your previous expansion part;

WoD = Every one and their mom was getting full welfare Baleful and PVP Gear which made all content basically worthless in reward/enjoyment. The content was essentially obsolete so there was nothing to do.

Legion = YES! World Quest Netflix garbage and other trivial grinding garbage added. Basically worthless in terms of enjoyment too.

Trivial content is on par with obsolete content IMO. Worthless
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-01-14 at 11:15 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    You know, trivial content is no substitute for real content. As for your previous expansion part;

WoD = Every one and their mom was getting full welfare Baleful and PVP Gear which made all content basically worthless in reward/enjoyment. The content was essentially obsolete so there was nothing to do.

Legion = YES! World Quest Netflix garbage and other trivial grinding garbage added. Basically worthless in terms of enjoyment too.

Trivial content is on par with obsolete content IMO. Worthless
    So what you're saying is that unless you have to sweat blood for every single reward, it's trivial and worthless?

You know, I just met someone last night in a dungeon on a level 100, a disc priest who didn't even know how to heal as disc (just spammed shadow mend like crazy). He had never heard of atonement or the mechanics. Thinking about him makes me realize there is a wide variety of players. What you find trivial he probably doesn't.

At any rate, the best gear, as always, is gated behind top-tier raiding and, this expansion, higher and higher Mythic+ levels. The challenge is out there to find.

I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

I heard same excuse for a weak grindy content when MoP dailies came ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

It's almost as if there could be a middle ground between nothing and farming mindlessly forever.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like you joined to hardcore guild for yourself - lucikly there are thoudsands of other guilds to join - go find one that will suit your needs.

For the several past expansions it was possible to have your main character optimally prepared for raiding without a permanent grinding timesink.
    Perfectly understandable the playerbase is complaining about getting that destroyed instead of bending backwards to whatever the developer is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Key word - "Daily"
    In past 4 expansions not doing your "Daily" grinding was never such massive and long term handicap to your performance and survivability. Logging to every raid was enough.
    And this "raid or die" model is quite cancerous. There can be no MMO without actual open world content, imho. Otherwise it's a MOBA. Blizzard learned that lesson the hard way with WOD.
    Also, you can do WQs every 2 or 3 days, it's totally doable.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD wasn't just lacking "fun", it was literally lacking. There was a huge dearth of content. Less raids and dungeons, and no dungeons worth running after 625 or so item level. The garrison kept people segregated and professions were so piss-easy it wasn't worth it.
    Pretty much this. Suffice to say, WOD was the second time I unsubbed from WoW because there was no actual content to do for me. The other time was early Cata because of the great healer massacre.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual CASUAL CASUAL player ...!
    wtf you need over 35 then?