Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair it was the case a lot. Unless you finished your Dungeon Set or Tier Pieces. Sorry but Transmog is a godsend to the game quality of life wise. Means I can make my Shaman actually look nice instead of shite because of his shoulders that don't match the rest of the gear.
    Meh, I don't like transmog. Making gear match was actually something I found fun to play with

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Meh, I don't like transmog. Making gear match was actually something I found fun to play with
    Yea and it was great for the 1% of the player base who could do it. I remember finally completing 8/8 nightslayer on my rogue.

Rose tinted glasses and all.

I do. I fucking hated having those off pieces. Example. I played Enhance Shaman for a bit in Firelands. Had my 4 piece and I was using the Heroic shoulders from Beth that use the Hunter appearance. So I looked like a twat basically. 4.3 was a godsend because I did have the Normal shoulder tier and pieces. Had the same shit when I switched to Hunter as well. Had 4 piece Normal and Heroic shoulders from Morchok so again the colors were mismatched. However I had the Normal ones sat there from a pug so I could mog them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-13 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I have like 40 ping constantly, do the people you talked to play from the moon or something?
    To be fair, the ping time from the moon has a round trip floor of at least 2000ms =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Yea and it was great for the 1% of the player base who could do it. I remember finally completing 8/8 nightslayer on my rogue.

Yeah, I hated the dungeon set for rogues. I preferred the cadaverous set over the Shadowcraft stuff I was stuck in, until I started raiding. Transmog was definitely one of the better updates to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yeah, I hated the dungeon set for rogues. I preferred the cadaverous set over the Shadowcraft stuff I was stuck in, until I started raiding. Transmog was definitely one of the better updates to the game.
    Transmog was the best quality of life update imo. I fucking hated having mismatched sets and Weapons that didn't go with them. Such as the bow or crossbow from t11 with the lightning charged set. Neither weapon worked with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    If you like Pool of Radiance, I'd recommend Might and Magic. The first 3 were excellent, IMO, with 3 being the highlight. 4 and 5 were OK, 6 degraded into 3D, then it got worse, and the series went bankrupt :P
    I played most of the Might and Magics as well but I liked 6 quite a bit. 7 and 8 I didn't play. I remember Might and Magic for the NES and Genesis being a real bitch too.

Taking it serious doesn't mean it will happen. And it's only been a couple of months. I'll nvr play on a legacy server but have fun waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I played most of the Might and Magics as well but I liked 6 quite a bit. 7 and 8 I didn't play. I remember Might and Magic for the NES and Genesis being a real bitch too.
    PC versions have a definite playability boost, due to mouse support. I did find MM6 interesting, because certain NPC's could be killed if you train them with mobs. They would never return - that's reality. Game-Over (don't save).

I have the NES, SNES, and Genesis versions. I would recommend PC - million times better. They are abandonware, BTW.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-01-13 at 10:39 PM.

Oh, you're another one of these retards who spam "nostalgia" everywhere, nice to know I can ignore you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Vineri shouldn't you be on Nost? Oh wait you probably can't play it because of how terrible the server is and everyone has pings in the hundreds. Atleast LIVE WoW doesn't have this problem :^)
    24ms is in the hundreds? huh

The last public comment on it, from Stockton, was "It's something we'd like to do, someday." Doesn't sound like it's a priority, or even at a business planning stage, even though some usual suspects translated that as "we're doing it". The same ones who were making smug comments about "we'll see when they announce them at Blizzcon". Which didn't happen - they wouldn't even allow comments about it in the Q&A's. I suspect they're as sick of it as a lot of us are.

But, it doesn't matter. Blizzard will do what they want, it's their game. At this point, these threads are the equivalent of a 6 year old tugging at their mommy's skirts going "Mom? Mom? Mommy? Mom? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?" for hours every day, to get a cookie.
    I don't know you got to direct that at the thread creator.

Oh, you're another one of these retards who spam "nostalgia" everywhere, nice to know I can ignore you.
    Uh no, but good job taking what my reply was answering to and somehow managing to flip it 180.

Edit: I mean seriously before you call someone a "retard" maybe not interjecting on something you clearly took out of context might be a good idea.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-13 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Blizzard had a heck of an interview back last November 2016.

The interview was with World of Warcraft game director Ion Hazzikostas.

Blizzard on World of Warcraft Legacy Servers: 'It's Something We're Taking Seriously'

6 Nov 2016

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...king-seriously

Some notable quotes:

"There's no question it's something we want to do"

"It's about the pre-Cataclysm world,It's about level-capping, the old skills being what they were, etc. A lot of it is about nostalgia. A lot of it is about literally trying to re-experience what you remember from 2005-2006. Nostalgia is powerful."

My question remains, exactly how seriously is Blizzard taking the concept of Legacy servers? They still entertain the topic on their forums via a Classic Vanilla thread as a sticky, but the header info on the sticky is severely old.

Blizzard Classic thread (official):
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749678358

The official thread is old. How sincere is Blizzard??

*** This is in no way intended to be a version bashing thread or one promoting private servers. Please don't go there.
    Lets just be clear they weren't promising anything, nor did they say it was in the works.

Wanting to do something is not at all the same as actually doing it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It must make things easy for you when you flame and insult everyone that disagrees with you, doesn't it?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The last public comment on it, from Stockton, was "It's something we'd like to do, someday." Doesn't sound like it's a priority, or even at a business planning stage, even though some usual suspects translated that as "we're doing it". The same ones who were making smug comments about "we'll see when they announce them at Blizzcon". Which didn't happen - they wouldn't even allow comments about it in the Q&A's. I suspect they're as sick of it as a lot of us are.

But, it doesn't matter. Blizzard will do what they want, it's their game. At this point, these threads are the equivalent of a 6 year old tugging at their mommy's skirts going "Mom? Mom? Mommy? Mom? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?" for hours every day, to get a cookie.
    For history, it would be helpful if you provide the link to these comments. It may not matter to you, but it matters to some. Otherwise what you said was hyperbole.

I think Blizz should focus on just moving forward. Let the past be the past. Most people that cherish the Vanilla days will get bored after a short while of playing on a legacy server, if there ever is such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    It must make things easy for you when you flame and insult everyone that disagrees with you, doesn't it?
    Actually his problem was if he had bothered to read the context of my reply to someone he would see I am anti-nostalgia. I was pointing out while I was fortunate enough to complete 8/8 raid armor in vanilla, the majority of the population was stuck in clown looking armor. It was a terrible system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    I think Blizz should focus on just moving forward. Let the past be the past. Most people that cherish the Vanilla days will get bored after a short while of playing on a legacy server, if there ever is such a thing.
    By that line of logic they should also never develop new games and pull developers from Overwatch/SC2/Diablo/Hearthstone. Blizzard isn't exactly Valve but developers shift around and move between their projects all the time there.

Actually his problem was if he had bothered to read the context of my reply to someone he would see I am anti-nostalgia. I was pointing out while I was fortunate enough to complete 8/8 raid armor in vanilla, the majority of the population was stuck in clown looking armor. It was a terrible system.
    With "clown armor", you could identify easily who was wearing what. Helpful when forming quality groups, or evaluating a potential PVP target.