Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lot of black comedians are conservative, at least social conservatives.

Fiscal conservatism or liberalism isn't that funny, but there is humour in social conservatism and liberalism.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Where are the likes of Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee or Trevor Noah?
    I don't find any of these people funny. John Oliver particularly annoys the hell out of me.

Because comedians go through the minor leagues in LA and NY. When you're trying to get off the ground, skewering the left in a room full of leftists would be career suicide. South Park opened the door to satirizing the left and imo right(ish) comedians are actually on the rise because you can bypass the NY club scene now. Gavin McInnes, Steven Crowder - Milo & Dave Rubin might be in that bag. Whether or not you actually think they are funny, they've garnered pretty large audiences online.
    Last edited by Tsar Bomba; 2017-01-14 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Couldn't possibly be because making fun of minorities from a traditionalist standpoint ends up turning out more like this:
    I'm sure conservatives will try to blame political correctness as the reason why nobody laughs at these jokes anymore, but it's less down to shifting societal attitudes and more just that this type of humor doesn't have much of a shelf life. Guys like Andrew Dice Clay could thrive back in the day because they get away with telling the same dumb jokes to different crowds every night, and they'd laugh because it was still new and shocking to them, but that just isn't going to fly in this day and age when pretty much every stand up routine ever can be found on Youtube.

Conservatives are too busy raising strong families and supporting the backbone of America's economy to bother with that shit.

Think about - a lost soul is stumbling through the woods, lost and hungry for days; what would rekindle him with the will to live? A dick joke, or a sandwich made of 100% pure beef that was raised and slaughtered at a local farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Conservatives are too busy raising strong families and supporting the backbone of America's economy to bother with that shit.

Think about - a lost soul is stumbling through the woods, lost and hungry for days; what would rekindle him with the will to live? A dick joke, or a sandwich made of 100% pure beef that was raised and slaughtered at a local farm?
    That's not suppose to be a real analogy is it?

10+ Year Old Account

is this a meme I don't know or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Good humor usually correlates with high level of intelligence. Defending cavemen values usually anti-correlates with it.

Plus, few people want to listen to them. This isn't Iran or Russia where mocking human rights is considered funny by many.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I thought their life was a joke..No?

Well I am laughing..

- - - Updated - - -

How much do you make and what do you do? Go ahead, wow us with your hard work.

Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-01-14 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Bill O'Reilly the conservative version of John Stewart?
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

The ideology is incompatible with a sense of humour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That's not suppose to be a real analogy is it?
    The point is that you can't live on without beef, yet you can certainly go on for a long time without any kind of entertainment.

Conservative values are focused on survivalism, so they have less time for the liberal arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    is this a meme I don't know or something
    Remember, you're starving. You can only have a dick joke, or a sandwich - the choice is yours sir.

The entertainment industry is a fairly closed shop, so to break into it you need to be part of the liberal groupthink. So a young conservative comedian isn't likely to get the same opportunities and a progressive SJW comedian.

Notice how with every comedy festival always has the obligatory angry lesbian doing stand-up comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    If Ann Coulter and this forum are any indication of Conservative Comedians -- The only thing worse than their jokes is their victim complex.
    This is actually funny. Haha, lol'd for reals.

The real answer is, of course, no comedian that does political material and happens to be conservative has found success.

Why? Could be affiliation, sure. But considering that show business is keenly interested in money, it is likely some one at some point would support a conservative if it made them enough money. Which is more likely the real barrier- most audiences don't find conservative ideology funny, so it doesn't make as much money, so there are fewer outlets for such.

I saw ONE comedian in all my life make a politically conservative joke. The audience was stone silent and then he started talking about his girlfriend's "crazy zany wayz!" and that was that as far as politically conservative jokes go.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-14 at 05:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's wrong-think and not allowed. Duh.

Nick DiPaolo is probably one of the ten best comics of all time, his stand-up isn't always that political though. His podcast on the other hand...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Where are the likes of Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee or Trevor Noah?
    I always thought Charlton Heston was a conservative comedian. Or was he serious about the "from my dead cold hands"-talk?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    I've actually seen a few of them perform. The problem is though that the people at the top don't want to promote them. Comedy Central/HBO and all the other major comedy supporters that get names into the media and recognized are hardcore liberal.

I've seen a lot of talent come through the comedy clubs over the years, I've probably seen over 200-300 comedians perform over the years and some of the funniest have been conservative, but the people at the top don't like them. Do you really see HBO a channel that is constantly putting out pro transgender and homosexual documentaries and stuff support a comedian that makes fun of those same subjects?

That's much why you don't know any anymore, the people at top are against them.
    Yeah I can think of more than a few who are theoretically Conservative or just "Not Liberal," but they don't get the promotional bam, or they aren't solely comedians. I know Dennis Miller made it, but I think there is a selection against more conservative leaning comics. Ron White is in the vein of libertarian and he kills it. There is also Joe Rogan who is pretty good. But I think you just can't be an openly conservative person and make it big in Comedy. For example Comedy Central is either not going to be into your kind of humor. I know the entire Blue Collar Comedy tour bunch except Ron White are registered Republicans. Though of the Blue Collar group, I am unsure why Ned's Larry the Cable guy character is so popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    I don't find any of these people funny. John Oliver particularly annoys the hell out of me.
    The problem now is I think the market is saturated, there is only so much propaganda with a punch line people want.

Reflecting back I actually hate Jon Stewart and I used to love his work. If anything I think the world really needed shows like Crossfire to still exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I think most right leaning comedy is done online now, not in comedy clubs (which are dying institutions anyway).

Right leaning comedy is usually like a John Stewart but is in the form of reaction videos to liberals, Social Justice-isms and Feminism.

I guess in that vein you have Blaire White? But she isn't just chuckles she is just humorous commentary. Milo Yianapapapa-something-3greek5me is also in that comedic vein.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2017-01-14 at 05:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

if you're talking about news personalities you got the likes of Rush Limbagh, Glen Beck, and Milo yewhatevr. now I can make the case that the first two can be counted as comedians on a uh, meta level? now for the rest of this thread... well done guyz.

well done.

Fox news put together it's own right wing version of the daily show, called the "Half Hour News Hour". If I remember correctly, it was the worst show in the history of television in terms of pilot ratings.