Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Just unsubscribe and tell its because of the abysmal hunter nerfs
    The only logical thing to do at this point...

Or reroll.

Honestly, from a game developers standpoint, this is a disaster. The first real raid tier is in a few days, and 98% of Hunters literally hate a spec, not just casuals or hardcore raiders, but both.

The question now becomes, do they want MM to stay cancer until 7.2, which for all we know can come out 6 months from now, or do they hotfix actual mechanical changes?

This "crusade" is not about numbers, this is about playing the spec. It plays like shit, and the performance you get for playing the spec the most optimal way is not even in the upper half(after the 8% buffs). The spec in its current state is a disaster, it's extremely unforgiving to play with movement, you ignore your marked shot procs, and to top it off, it's insanely RNG in a ST scenario with crits during trueshot or legacy procs. DPS can vary with 100-150k between attempts simply because you didn't crit at all during Trueshot or got 15 Legacy procs instead of 10 in the same time frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post

What the fuck is the line
    9-8, so 1%
    Hi

Main issue is that the spec just doesn't have any synergy. It feels like a clunky, confused hodge podge that sounded like it would work on paper but fails in game. Bypassing a signature ability, not once, not twice, but multiple times just to build up the Focus to use another main ability feels horrible. Not to mention we pass on the ability learned FROM the artifact weapon except out of the opener and a bad prof streak. At least the 7.0-7.1 spec felt like it flowed and didn't require any countdown style of ability usage to actually be a hard hitting ability (current Viln sucks).

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I know that the people looking back on it now think GC is great, though I have no idea why. The man was in charge of the decline of this game, not its rise. Why he's even still quoted on the front page of this site is fucking beyond me. Your hero worships is misplaced. Very misplaced.
    You see, in your deranged imagination GC comes in late WotLK and fucks EVERYTHING up. Whereas in reality GC comes in at around patch 2.4 and takes charge of -- CLASS DESIGN and NOTHING ELSE.

Did class design improve dramatically from 2.4 into WotLK and then into Cata and MoP? Fuck yeah. Was the decline of WoW due to class design? hell no, that was world/instance design's fault. So it's your blame-shoveling that is completely misplaced.

Deleted
    One other thing that they have to revert is this horrendous marking target proc change. I am not talking about the increased ppm but the waiting time between getting a proc and being able to use the proc. You can spam the AS/MS/SW instantly after getting a proc and nothing happens.

For the sidewinders build this can really fuck you up. Also it can feel strange for the trickshot build if you if you have to use AS/MS twice before you can cast marked shot even if you already have the proc.

And blizz is so proud of this subtle change. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Honestly, from a game developers standpoint, this is a disaster. The first real raid tier is in a few days, and 98% of Hunters literally hate a spec, not just casuals or hardcore raiders, but both.

The question now becomes, do they want MM to stay cancer until 7.2, which for all we know can come out 6 months from now, or do they hotfix actual mechanical changes?

This "crusade" is not about numbers, this is about playing the spec. It plays like shit, and the performance you get for playing the spec the most optimal way is not even in the upper half(after the 8% buffs). The spec in its current state is a disaster, it's extremely unforgiving to play with movement, you ignore your marked shot procs, and to top it off, it's insanely RNG in a ST scenario with crits during trueshot or legacy procs. DPS can vary with 100-150k between attempts simply because you didn't crit at all during Trueshot or got 15 Legacy procs instead of 10 in the same time frame.
    This. Couldn't have said it better.

The spec feels like garbage to play, I can't see them hotfixing mechanical changes sadly. For me the combination of true aim and patient sniper is awful, too much stack watching with no real room for error, it wouldn't be so bad if the extra effort paid off and you could top meters but when you put in all that effort and get low dps it's just not fun.

IMO best thing they can do is change arcane shot to have a cast time (steady shot?!) and make Aimed Shot instant, make it so we stand still to generate and can move while unloading our hard hitting ability, at least that way if you have to move while at 0 focus it will be regenerating anyway and you'd be able to fire off some aimed shots if you had to move for a prolonged period.
    Last edited by Avikur; 2017-01-15 at 11:08 AM.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

These buffs won't change much. Hunter will still be trash tier in NH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Yay BM won't be bottom anymore Can't wait to see the sims
    You will still be bottom.

The only time bm deals damage is when everything happens in proximity of the boss, ie you set your pet on the boss all fight long, but at the same time you could get a feral druid, who will all of that, just much better.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-01-15 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    9-8, so 1%
    It actually is: 98 -> 9+8=17 -> 1+7=8%

We got memed

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    One other thing that they have to revert is this horrendous marking target proc change. I am not talking about the increased ppm but the waiting time between getting a proc and being able to use the proc. You can spam the AS/MS/SW instantly after getting a proc and nothing happens.

For the sidewinders build this can really fuck you up. Also it can feel strange for the trickshot build if you if you have to use AS/MS twice before you can cast marked shot even if you already have the proc.

Aha, so thats whats happening. Annoying as hell. So wait a couple of seconds and then use it I suppose. Wich is retarded since you should be able to get it up at once. Happens to me every 5-6-7 proc. Don't really have the number, but its around that.

That being said, I feel SW build is smoother now than before. Longer vuln window and less waiting aka more vulnerable aimed shots. In m+ sw build with ES, volley and LnL its real fun actually. 8% + 5% inc(35trait) I personally will see some dps-boost the coming days :-) Hope they smooth up the trick shot build tho. It is horrible gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post

I think they change the aura. Before 715 we saw the aura when we could use marked shot, now we see the aura when next shot will apply the hunter's mark. Its really really annoying when we were so used to the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It'd be hilarious if they buffed Survival so much much that it becomes the best Hunter spec.
    I think SV should deal a bit more because it's melee. But even if it's doing 50% more dps, I'll never play as a melee hunter. Already too many melees in my raid

The MM fix we should want/be happy for should be something like:

Multishot now hits all targets within 15 Yards of Target.
    Arcane Shot now generates 10 focus up from 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

This would be great, yeah!

Deleted
    And then you ll have to cast more AiS and you ll come back here to cry because your mobility is worse than before...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    MM will be. BM will probably be okay for mythic progression.
    I doubt it. They have to buff the damage way up there to make up for the design issues BM has such as trying to move the bugged pets around.

I still miss HFC MM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

Pretty much this, especially the Multishot one... I can see that they want SW to be useful etc... but holy crap, that AoE cone is fucking retarded. It's literally the extreme opposite of SW. Where is my "middle ground" that allows me to cleave mobs like melees.

I can't even count the amount of times where I didn't hit the target I was sure I'd hit, and it's not even been a week. It only works on dragons and other big-ass monsters... and only if you select the smaller target.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-15 at 11:04 PM.

Not enough, not even close.

We are so far behind and these small buffs won't close the gap, at all. Cobra shot is like 9% of our damage. Increasing that by 46% is really underwhelming. These buffs won't even get us off the bottom.

The MM aren't anywhere near enough. MM, is that far behind. And, that's not even taking into account how clunky it is to play.

Multi cone was nerfed back in MoP so it didn't compete with the brilliant new Barrage. It wasn't widely noticed as it was only used to cause Beast Cleaves, but it was a reasonable spread before that.

More in general:
    Likely they don't even realize how bad the rotation feels because they think we like button spam. After all, Cata (except a moment in Firelands) was SV, MoP was BM or die, WoD was SV, BM, then retarded version of MM. All of those were complete button smashing spazfests, so Arcane spam should be fine, rite guiz? I like a cast time on Aimed Shot, provided it actually hits to justify that cast. Sadly, old school tradeoffs are dead and the current devs likely don't even understand the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/