Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I said it was likely, I never said it was 100%. Its my opinion that Nintendo is ether paying them or in some way helping them with the port. I never made it a 100% factual claim so I don't need to provide evidence of anything.

Can you prove there not? What was a Sony exclusive title is getting a port to a unknown system and you are really going to sit there and say there isn't a chance they payed in some way for the port?
    Yet again, this isn't how this works.

you don't make a claim, and then ask me to prove your claim wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yet again, this isn't how this works.

you don't make a claim, and then ask me to prove your claim wrong.
    Again all I am doing is stating a opinion and not saying its a factual thing. I am asking you what your opinion is.

All the sign's are there but hey its your choice to ignore them if you wish. The only ones who know is them and Nintendo, that's how this song and dance always works.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Again all I am doing is stating a opinion and not saying its a factual thing. I am asking you what your opinion is.

All the sign's are there but hey its your choice to ignore them if you wish. The only ones who know is them and Nintendo, that's how this song and dance always works.
    Saying "can you prove theres not" is not asking my opinion.

And there's no signs at all. If Nintendo was to pay for games, why would they pay for a niche game that's already out on another console? It's not like Bayonetta 2 where it became an exclusive for them

10+ Year Old Account
    That video is on hardware that is higher then The Switch and can't even keep a stable 30fps(Couldn't even reach 30fps).....Frost Bite isn't running on The Switch that just isn't happening accept for FIFA....

No matter how much people want it when it comes to 3rd party this is in fact Wii-U 2.0. Its the same song and dance the Wii-U had, I mean hell Sega came out said "we like the switch and are working on games" then left.

This is on a

Once again way higher then The Switch and it had issues keeping 30fps. @ 720p.
    You cant compare specs like that. The only reason BF1 is running at that frame-rate on PC is because of the Cpu. Devs are able to get MUCH more power out of set hardware. Its why they were able to get games from 2013 and 2014 to still run on a 360. We also don't know what the specs actually are and im not willing to assume they are as low as you say. I have read articles stating that even at the Eurogamer leaked specs, portable Switch is still more powerful than a WiiU. The specs likely changed some again before the final version was decided upon. We just don't have enough information. You very well could be correct, but we need to wait and see.

Saying "can you prove theres not" is not asking my opinion.

And there's no signs at all. If Nintendo was to pay for games, why would they pay for a niche game that's already out on another console? It's not like Bayonetta 2 where it became an exclusive for them
    I'm sure its cheaper to pay for a port then to pay for a new IP.

Also as we can clearly see The Switch is lacking in games...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You very well could be correct, but we need to wait and see.
    There is enough info out on the The Switch to give a educated guess and its 100% safe to say its no where near XB1 in performance.

Its also safe to say The Switch is near the Terga X1 level's of performance and that will NOT run battlefield 1. It runs Zelda BOTW at 900p docked 720p undocked. This is a "Nintendo" last gen port that can't run full 1080p.

What are you going to do run BF1 at 240p? You are not going to scale a game on Frost Bite like BF1 to run on a system that is 1ghz CPU 4gig ram and whatever the video is on The Switch. What will the multiplayer be 1v1?

You are correct it is a wait can see, but there is a 99% chance I'm right. If BF1 or any other big EA title had a chance to be on the Switch they would have announced it or even hinted at it.

Edit: You can use video's like the one I linked to get a idea on how it will run on The Switch. That whole system was better then the switch besides (Maybe) the GPU and it barely pulled 30fps.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-ne...source=twitter

GS News Update: Zelda: Breath of the Wild File Size Is 40% of Switch's Storage
    Nintendo Switch has 32 GB of internal storage.
    Ya I really don't see where they though 32gig was a good idea even if u can buy a SD card. Hell 500gig wasn't enough for the Ps4/Xb1.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 04:14 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really amazed how many people in here seem hell bent on proving the Switch is a bad system or in some cases even seem angry that other people might enjoy it. No one says you have to like it, but what's the point in getting so offended because someone is looking forward to a system release? There were people going after a poster because they said there were more games that they were excited for on the Switch than other systems. What effect could that possibly have on you? I'm not to excited about my ps4 right now, but I don't feel its necessary to yell at anyone who is. I'm just not looking forward to much on that system besides Last of Us 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I'm really amazed how many people in here seem hell bent on proving the Switch is a bad system or in some cases even seem angry that other people might enjoy it.
    I'm amazed by the fact some people can't handle negative feedback about The Switch/Nintendo.

Also I don't think anyone in this thread, myself included has said The Switch is a bad system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed by the fact some people can't handle negative feedback about The Switch/Nintendo.

Also I don't think anyone in this thread, myself included has said The Switch is a bad system.
    It's a bad system. /nod
    Lol.
    No but it's hard to say it's bad, just disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's a bad system. /nod
    Lol.
    No but it's hard to say it's bad, just disappointing.
    My issue with all of this is Nintendo pulled a Nintendo.....

I was hyped for it and hoped they changed, Its clear as fuck they haven't and in a lot of way's have gotten worse. Unless I get The Switch on sell cheap, I feel my 3DS could be the last Nintendo system I own and that's just sad.

I grew up on Nintendo and to see them in the state there in is just depressing. Hell to be honest gaming in a lot of way's has became a bit depressing.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 05:05 AM.

I was hoping the Switch would be both a great handheld and tablet combo...essentially more supported, powerful Vita. Hardware wise I like what I see so far, I wasn't expected a powerful console, just a powerful handheld. I think Nintendo should've advertised Switch as the next gen handheld, that had tv input...I think people wouldn't be so harsh. However there are a couple things that I don't like:
    1. Paid wifi
    2. Lack of apps like Netflix etc. I kind of thought it would be gaming focused, but can replace my tablet for other entertainment.
    3. Nintendo console only games so far. I've never been a huge Nintendo fan, but I love their handhelds...so Zelda and Mario don't intice me much, but Pokémon, Monster Hunter, Professor Layton do. I know they showed Fire Emblem, but so far it seems to be like the Wii U games wise instead of the combo system we were told. Also, it has little 3rd party support as usual.

Essentially I postponed buying a Nvidia Shield tablet because I thought the Switch would be better, but Nvidia Shield seems better so far.
    Last edited by Drekker17; 2017-01-15 at 05:27 AM.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only 1 thing to say about this new console:

Kreygasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, its a pretty damn bad value to buy one right now IMO but having a portable Zelda BotW and Puyopuyo Tetris was more than worth it for me even knowing there will probably be a price cut on it later. They'll release a better version of the damn thing a year+ from now too as usual.

Did some Amazon trade-ins with some Wii/DS games and a couple anime DVD sets I wasn't going to watch anymore and that took about $230 off my order.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I'm really amazed how many people in here seem hell bent on proving the Switch is a bad system or in some cases even seem angry that other people might enjoy it. No one says you have to like it, but what's the point in getting so offended because someone is looking forward to a system release? There were people going after a poster because they said there were more games that they were excited for on the Switch than other systems. What effect could that possibly have on you? I'm not to excited about my ps4 right now, but I don't feel its necessary to yell at anyone who is. I'm just not looking forward to much on that system besides Last of Us 2.
    Most of the criticism I've seen in this thread have been more about Nintendo's business practises and the somewhat empty launch line-up presented than the actual system.

There's not many in this thread that seem to think it's actually legitimately a bad idea doing a handheld with a TV out port for home play, if things like pricing on peripherals etc are ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Most of the criticism I've seen in this thread have been more about Nintendo's business practises and the somewhat empty launch line-up presented than the actual system.

There's not many in this thread that seem to think it's actually legitimately a bad idea doing a handheld with a TV out port for home play, if things like pricing on peripherals etc are ignored.
    i think it would be a good idea if it was comparable to current gen, im tired of ignoring every multiplatform on nintendo due to quality being better on other consoles or just not getting released on nintendo. I think cart size and onboard memory and thier online experience will be serious limitations on top of the price and performance of hardware.

Disgaea is a pretty big "multiplat" to get in my opinion at this point, not due to popularity (Because it's still a semi-niche game), but because the only other platforms its touched is PC, and that's the older versions, and the first one was on the DS.

Disgaea 5 is the most recent, and from 3 on (Since 2 is hitting the PC at the end of the month), they're Sony exclusives.
    Disgaea 5 is being ported as a last resort to make money off of that game. It was a massive failure and bombed on the PS4, the lowest selling in the series by far. I don't even think it's over 100k WW. NIS is hoping that the dry launch window will net them good sales, that is pretty much all there is to it.

I agree that there seems to be a lack of titels at launch. Im not sure how big of an issue that is however. If Nintendo grabs hardcore Zelda fans from the start and then slowly expand the game library up to christmas then they might sell quite well there. At the very least im sure it will sell better than Wii-U in my area due to the fact that people actually seems to know that it... exists. I have meet people who talked about how Nintendo was finally making a successer to the Wii. As in they had never even heard of Wii-U.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    I agree that there seems to be a lack of titels at launch. Im not sure how big of an issue that is however. If Nintendo grabs hardcore Zelda fans from the start and then slowly expand the game library up to christmas then they might sell quite well there. At the very least im sure it will sell better than Wii-U in my area due to the fact that people actually seems to know that it... exists. I have meet people who talked about how Nintendo was finally making a successer to the Wii. As in they had never even heard of Wii-U.
    It is bad. We're not just talking about a dry launch month, we're talking about a dry launch YEAR. Mario is their only big holiday release and no third parties are jumping in to fill any gaps. Ironically, if software doesn't sell on the Switch, third parties will just end up convinced they were right all along and that the Switch is a waste of their time. I know a lot of talk in this thread is about how the Switch is rushed, but...well...What would you want Nintendo to do, delay it another year when the hardware would be even MORE outdated AND it would have competition from Scorpio? Start all over from R&D and wait another three years to release it? The problem isn't that it's rushed, it's that Nintendo Nintendoed the console from the get-go - they locked out third-parties until the last minute instead of including them from the beginning to get a good launch lineup (even if most of the games would have been ports), they used weaker hardware so that they could turn a profit on the console, and they're trying to push motion controls ten years later when people are already over it (and while VR is the new hot thing everyone talks about).
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-01-15 at 11:51 AM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    It is bad. We're not just talking about a dry launch month, we're talking about a dry launch YEAR. Mario is their only big holiday release and no third parties are jumping in to fill any gaps. Ironically, if software doesn't sell on the Switch, third parties will just end up convinced they were right all along and that the Switch is a waste of their time. I know a lot of talk in this thread is about how the Switch is rushed, but...well...What would you want Nintendo to do, delay it another year when the hardware would be even MORE outdated AND it would have competition from Scorpio? Start all over from R&D and wait another three years to release it? The problem isn't that it's rushed, it's that Nintendo Nintendoed the console from the get-go - they locked out third-parties until the last minute instead of including them from the beginning to get a good launch lineup (even if most of the games would have been ports), they used weaker hardware so that they could turn a profit on the console, and they're trying to push motion controls ten years later when people are already over it.
    I wouldn't want Nintendo to delay the switch I would just expect them to be more prepared.

What have they been doing for the past 1.5 years? Because it certainly wasn't supporting the 3DS and Wii U, they kept life support releases on both systems is about it.

So you're telling me that dry period of Wii U and 3DS releases has led to 1-2 Switch and ARMS? It's just questionable where the fuck Nintendo is spending their money and dev time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I wouldn't want Nintendo to delay the switch I would just expect them to be more prepared.

What have they been doing for the past 1.5 years? Because it certainly wasn't supporting the 3DS and Wii U, they kept life support releases on both systems is about it.

So you're telling me that dry period of Wii U and 3DS releases has led to 1-2 Switch and ARMS? It's just questionable where the fuck Nintendo is spending their money and dev time.
    To be perfectly fair, I imagine that new Mario game took a bit of work, and this is easily the most ambitious Zelda game since at least Wind Waker (maybe even since Ocarina of Time) and it had to be developed for TWO consoles (one of which is dead and therefore the game won't sell on it). Again, they should have brought in third parties from the beginning to have a good launch lineup, I don't think any one company can do it all on their own.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    To be perfectly fair, I imagine that new Mario game took a bit of work, and this is easily the most ambitious Zelda game since at least Wind Waker (maybe even since Ocarina of Time) and it had to be developed for TWO consoles (one of which is dead and therefore the game won't sell on it).
    Zelda is probably going to sell a mil on the Wii U(TP sold 2+ mil on Gamecube FFS). Nintendo wouldn't even bother releasing it if it wasn't going to sell units. Also that's not how it works, you port a game. You don't develop it from the ground up for 2 systems. It's very clearly a Wii U port.

Yes, the new Mario took a bit of work but has been in development since 3DW ended and clearly started as a Wii U game judging by the terrible IQ in the trailer. Hell, the trailer looked like it was a damn Wii U game still running at 720p with no AA.

Nintendo has a shit load of dev teams. More then Sony who managed 3 AAA exclusives in the first 3 months on PS4. Their output is laughable considering what they're working with. All that bullshit talk of "Nintendo has found ways to streamline their game development" was just that... bullshit. They're as slow as ever.

-No Hal presence at all.
    -No Retro studios presence at all.
    -No new game from EAD1 until almost a year from launch.
    -The only EAD2 game in the launch year looking like an expansion to Splatoon 1 and not a sequel.
    -No EAD4 presence at all.
    -No EAD5 presence at all.
    -Intelligent Systems finished fates a long ass time ago, and apparently Color Splash as well and sat on it for a year before nintendo wanted to release it.

Gamefreak just finished a 3DS game so they get a pass, Monolith finished XCX 2 years ago so they get a pass if they actually do get Xenoblade 2 out in their time window.

So where the fuck is the output from all these studios? We have a Wii U port from EAD1 in april, Splatoon 2 from EAD 2 in the summer, Mario from EAD1 in holiday and Zelda Wii U port from EAD3 at launch. Other then that we have no real output from any of their studios at all who should have at bare minimum had something to show(like Monolith did).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-15 at 12:10 PM.