The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You seem to be conflating the CNN report with Buzzfeed's.
    There's a saying, when it seems - cross yourself. Or in this case be a little bit more precise. It might turn out you are inferring much.

"Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN."
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's a saying, when it seems - cross yourself. Or in this case be a little bit more precise. It might turn out you are inferring much.

"Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN."
    Its astounding to me that someone might think that's not newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think the Trumpettes are going to get whiplash from how fast they're going to have to flip from defending Russia to decrying them.
    Hahahaha so true.

7+ Year Old Account

Well it makes fuhrer trump look falliblle, but these people just gobble up what they're told without a second thought.

Kinda like Obama possibly not being American then? Oh right, pursuing that rumour was bigoted of Trump..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So your point is we should just follow assumptions and not ask for facts...?
    So, the briefing and the memo aren't facts?

I wonder how many of our "skeptics" here jumped onboard with pizzagate or any other silly thing about Hillary without a second thought.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Kinda like Obama possibly not being American then? Oh right, pursuing that rumour was bigoted of Trump..

The media did nothing wrong with that, they accurate reported that trump said he had some information. Trump on the other hand continuously lied about information he had. But I forget that trump is your god-king.

The two things are not even vaguely equitable.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wonder how many of our "skeptics" here jumped onboard with pizzagate or any other silly thing about Hillary without a second thought.
    Probably a similar amount to the number of "Media Stalwart Defenders" we got on this thread, but weren't so keen on those pieces of reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The media did nothing wrong with that, they accurate reported that trump said he had some information. Trump on the other hand continuously lied about information he had. But I forget that trump is your god-king.
    When everything else fails, call them Trumpets!

Trump pursued that crap even after it was proven false. Do you really want to go there?

You seem to be conflating the CNN report with Buzzfeed's.
    It's not an accident. At this point they seem to be taking the cue from Trump's press conference and Spicer's rant prior to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many. I mean it's usually easy to know when something's plausible and when something's not, wouldn't you agree?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted

How isn't that newsworthy? Even if the allegations in the document are all false, it's completely newsworthy that the President and the President-Elected of the USA were debriefed by the intelligence agencies about a document containing allegations. Because if true, is bad for the country, if false, there is someone hindering the reputation of the leaders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably a similar amount to the number of "Media Stalwart Defenders" we got on this thread, but weren't so keen on those pieces of reporting

Yet again, the media did nothing wrong there. They accurately reported on the fact that the rumors existed and were completely unsubstantiated. The fault lies with the idiots who believed them and furthered the lies. If you can point to the media running with one of things as if they were true, sure they did wrong, but I'd need to see some proof of that first.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of comey, you believe that it was unethical of him to announce that he was investigating information on weiners pc because it was unverified that it had any evidence that any of hillarys emails were on them.
    I don't know much about that, so if media asked him about the reasons and he explained - the ethical status of that is for FBI to define - I don't know what is ethically passable for FBI in such matters. If he just went out of his way to make an announcement at the press conference that he organised just for that - that would seem questionable.
    You also think the media was unethical because it was relying on unverified information that Hillary had emails on wieners pc.
    Of course it is unethical for professional journalists to use unverified information.
    So because a briefing puts trump in a negative light, the media shouldnt report it.
    The briefing that CNN reported on doesn't put Trump in a negative light. Duh. You are thinking of Buzzfeed here.

random rumbling
    I'm not even American, not to mention Trump supporter in a political sense. I like Trump because it's fun times with him. Just look at this thread of no value but laughs.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Trump pursued that crap even after it was proven false. Do you really want to go there?
    Well, he was only acting on "Documents" and "memos" he had gotten access to. And those were 100% real and he had it them printed!

I love these can of worms, once they are open, the possibilities are endless!

Deleted
    That's an allegation, not a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Not many.
    I've lost count on the amount of times I've heard "Hillary is going to start WWIII". Yes, even on these forums. So "many" is kind of vague.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about that, so if media asked him about the reasons and he explained - the ethical status of that is for FBI to define - I don't know what is ethically passable for FBI in such matters. If he just went out of his way to make an announcement at the press conference that he organised just for that - that would seem questionable.

Of course it is unethical for professional journalists to use unverified information.

The briefing that CNN reported on doesn't put Trump in a negative light. Duh. You are thinking of Buzzfeed here.

I'm not even American, not to mention Trump supporter in a political sense. I like Trump because it's fun times with him. Just look at this thread of no value but laughs.
    ok, but CNN reported that the documents existed and were briefed to the president. Are you saying that was unsubstantiated? You really seem to be confused here.