Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Uh noo. We're humans not savage animals in the wild.
    Humans are animals FYI. And the desire to procreate does not make you a savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    In cycling - yes, in running - no
    In both, yes. The google search, and a link provide by a different poster, both provide evidence to the effectiveness of drafting while running.

Did you even bother to look at any one of the many articles provide by the google search link I provided? Doesn't take much effort to verify what I am saying.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-01-16 at 05:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Again, this is really stupid outside of a race. Really stupid. Squeezing out a couple seconds per mile on a normal run would be a completely pointless thing to do.
    Especially considering that "regular runs" are training runs where seconds per mile are irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Especially considering that "regular runs" are training runs where seconds per mile are irrelevant.
    And you think that while training teams don't work on the techniques they use during a race; like drafting? Seriously. At this point I feel like I'm arguing that water is wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    considering what constitutes as "harassment" these days, I don't really take things like 1 in 3 or 1 in 4! stats legitimately.
    Reminds me when The Guardian pushed that "1 in 3 Women Will Be Sexual Assaulted On Campus", which then changed to 1 in 4, then 1 in 5. I don't even know what made up stat they're pushing now.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    And you think that while training teams don't work on the techniques they use during a race; like drafting? Seriously. At this point I feel like I'm arguing that water is wet.
    Maybe it's because you're mixing semi-serious arguments with joking with outright trolling. Makes it a bit confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    You are arguing that it's OK to use a racing technique to be a creep to complete strangers. Also you are arguing that looking down while running is a good thing. Also you argue that you need to look at someones feet while drafting.
    Wrong. It's bad. You don't need to look at someones feet while drafting.

It's quite funny that you arguments jump around so much. From "i like to watch on strangers butts" to "professional runners use drafting on their training runs"

But seriously, since when cutting down couple of seconds of your track while training became a big thing? Most of exercises are bond to time and pace (heart rate), not to how fast you finish the distance.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-01-16 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Maybe it's because you're mixing semi-serious arguments with joking with outright trolling. Makes it a bit confusing.
    I certainly was joking about staring at women's asses. This is an entertainment forum after all. If people take it a lot more seriously than I do, I can't and don't care to, help that.

However, how my joking around confuses anyone on what drafting is? That's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

You are arguing that it's OK to use a racing technique to be a creep to complete strangers.
    No, I'm not. Show me where I said that.

Also you are arguing that looking down while running is a good thing.
    No, I did not. I never said such a thing.

Also you argue that you need to look at someones feet while drafting.
    Once again, I did not. What I did say is that when I am looking down I am looking at the woman's ass feet.

Wrong. It's bad. You don't need to look at someones feet while drafting.
    No argument from me. Congratz on the strawman though. Well done.

It's quite funny that you arguments jump around so much. From "i like to watch on strangers butts" to "professional runners use drafting on their training runs"
    The only real argument I've made in this thread is that drafting is an effective technique while running/jogging. You and spectral are the ones that shifted the conversation away from making women feel awkward and on to whether or not drafting is effective.

But seriously, since when cutting down couple of seconds of your track while training became a big thing? Most of exercises are bond to time and pace (heart rate), not to how fast you finish the distance.
    I've answered this question several times now and provided a google search whose results contain many articles answering that question. That you and spectral think its about speed speaks directly to your lack of understanding of what drafting is about.

My wife was "harassed" or at least made to feel uncomfortable by creepy guys while out on the streets outside our house three times in the last week or so.

This is something a lot of women face that you simply don't see as a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My wife was "harassed" or at least made to feel uncomfortable by creepy guys while out on the streets outside our house three times in the last week or so.

This is something a lot of women face that you simply don't see as a man.
    I mean what are we counting as harassment? Sexual advances only?

Why would you do that when you know it could make them feel anxious and unsafe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    this made my night

Uh noo. We're humans not savage animals in the wild.
    Yes. Yes, they are.

especially the women.
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-01-16 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Let me first say that harassment is always wrong.

That said, have you seen how women dress when they go running?
    Full make-up, tight yoga pants, skimpy tops etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Why would you do that? He even was voted for "poster of the year 2016" afaik.
    Maybe shit poster "I only post PC stuff / women are victims / Trudeau <3" of the year 2016.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Strange, 8 out of 10 women joggers are old friggates that I wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole. Some people must be really desperate.

Edit: If this is indeed about harrassment, then all it takes is one naughty gramps who walks his dog on a popular running path to fill that quota. The condition is litteraly has once been. I get insulted 1 -3 times a year by some random drunk strangers. Someone write an article about that.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-16 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon folks, stop giving Tennistroll his daily dose of "fun"

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-16 at 10:47 PM.

I'm surprised people are skeptic of such a claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    We are animals. We can't forget this important fact. It is animal and human nature to be attracted to certain things.

While any physical and vocal harassment is not okay, there is nothing wrong with looking at, staring at, or admiring another human being. Compliments are okay too as long as they are not rude. If those things are not okay then we are failing as a human society and are forgetting that our goal as animals is to procreate and seek procreation.
    Agreed. Most people can't resist candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    We are animals. We can't forget this important fact. It is animal and human nature to be attracted to certain things.

While any physical and vocal harassment is not okay, there is nothing wrong with looking at, staring at, or admiring another human being. Compliments are okay too as long as they are not rude. If those things are not okay then we are failing as a human society and are forgetting that our goal as animals is to procreate and seek procreation.
    Why bother people at all? You shouldn't involve strangers in your quest for sex in every arena. A girl running down the street isn't looking for a date or any kind of social interaction with strangers. Staring is harmless enough as long as they're not aware of it, so go ahead, but personally I think that's kinda sad and pathetic.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2017-01-16 at 11:10 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Let me first say that harassment is always wrong.

That said, have you seen how women dress when they go running?
    Full make-up, tight yoga pants, skimpy tops etc.
    I have seen that. Have you seen how boxes of cereal look? All those damn colors.

I thought we were just saying what things look like that are completely irrelevant to the topic to any intelligent human being.