Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic raid is balanced around having set bonuses, one week gives an opportunity to some players get their hands on them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because not everyone is capable of leading raids. Let's be honest here out of the raiding community I'd guess 5-10% would make good raid leaders. This isn't an attack on the others but people have different talents, strengths and weaknesses.
    We're talking about normal here. Maybe nighthold for the first few weeks might need someone with good tactical and directional skills until more experience is gained but leading EN/TOV is as simple as reminding people in quick tldr format. Nyth: Move away from rots, drop volatile rots at X spot, don't stand in breath/shit. Most bosses, especially on normal are not that complicated. If people don't want to put even that much work into it, that's cool, that's up to them, but at that juncture if they can't get a normal group for whatever reason and can't be arsed making a group then their own failure is on them.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

The absolute biggest reason why things are delayed for the first few weeks is incredibly simple...it takes them /months/ to come out with new content, the only way to keep it fresh is to gate harder difficulties and LFR. Granted, there's no real need to gate things as bad as they are (especially looking for raid)....however, you're going to be drudging along until the next patch comes out anyway, so....guess we'll be dealing with it! (Like we do each and every patch.)
    CYOA comic updated regularly!
    http://dovashy.deviantart.com/

You're going to be doing Nighthold until nearly summer. 2 weeks isn't going to kill you.

I'm pissed cuz I have to keep waiting for LFR to be unlocked to get my cool purple-horned mail hat.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You're going to be doing Nighthold until nearly summer. 2 weeks isn't going to kill you.
    LFR doesn't fully open for nearly 2 months....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says Nighthold is cleared day 1 and yet Mythic/LFR still gets gated release dates. why?

There is no reason for ether of these modes to have a gated release date, Even more so LFR having a gated release date that takes nearly 2 months.

With how broken gearing is in Legion there is guilds who can step into Mythic this week.

Its a system that needs to be changed. Casual players who only do LFR shouldn't have to wait a extra nearly 2 months and Hardcore players shouldn't have to wait a extra week.
    Are you kidding me? Nightold is cleared by less then 1% of the raiding community right now and yet you call for less gating?? Give people some god damm time to do their stuff for fuck sake.

The reason why mythic is gated by a week, is to give mythic guilds time to see the instance before they jump into mythic. Before the rules were that you had to clear heroic and now they just skip the launch by a week. Alot of mythic guilds like this, because it allows them to step lightly into the progression race and are not forced to throw themselfs into completly new bosses on progression.

The reason why LFR is opened slowly after launch of the raid, is because people should be incentived to go into normal and heroic to see the story. If LFR launched fully from day 1, alot of people in normal guilds, who take pride in clearing the instance primarily to see lore, get to get that achievement before other people who would normally let themself be carried through LFR.

The current gating system work, so stop worring about it. It hurts nobody and does the right thing: Rewarding people for jumping into the raid early.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I don't think mythic players mind at all. It gives us the chance to get familiar with boss mechanics and get some tier and trinkets.

Now LFR, on the contrary. LFR should be one whole tier behind the curve so slackers would bother to actually get a guild and get good to see end-game content sooner. Or you know... outright removed and dungeon rewards increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I have a feeling it will take months.

Also, aren't people clearing LFR in day 1?
    Nah it won't take WF M Guldan more than 14 days. If it does I'd be surprised, and impressed. After Xavius lol...At least Helya race was good. With all the exploiters banned
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The one week wait time for Mythic is so that with hundreds of thousands of people running Heroic and Normal, the sheer numbers will find any bugs with a maintenance to spare before Mythic opens. In this way, the bugs can be fixed.

As for LFR, the entirety of LFR has always been massively gated - presumably a "fuck you" to pugs, given that there is no logical reason for gating it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Because there are other guilds out there than the top 1% that can clear it on hc in one week.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2017-01-18 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The one week wait time for Mythic is so that with hundreds of thousands of people running Heroic and Normal, the sheer numbers will find any bugs with a maintenance to spare before Mythic opens. In this way, the bugs can be fixed.

As for LFR, the entirety of LFR has always been massively gated - presumably a "fuck you" to pugs, given that there is no logical reason for gating it.
    There's plenty reason for it to be gated. You just don't agree with them due to vested personal interest and a gimme complex.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrs ankle View Post
    There's plenty reason for it to be gated. You just don't agree with them due to vested personal interest and a gimme complex.
    I also dont see how LFR being gated is an FU to PuGs as LFR is random queue while PuGs are doing normal.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-01-18 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I also dont see how LFR being gated is an FU to PuGs as LFR is random queue while PuGs are doing normal.
    People, especially on these forums can take a blank statement and twist it into a personal attack against them.

LFR doesn't fully open for nearly 2 months....
    why is this a problem?

if you want to see the raid, run normal

NH normal isn't expected to be challenging for EN mythic folks anyways.... it is content meant for people who did EN normal

Quote Originally Posted by tyrs ankle View Post
    Orr... how about my guild is currently 7/10H Nighthold right now? Not the greatest, but still... my view has nothing to do with a "gimmie" complex.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Orr... how about my guild is currently 7/10H Nighthold right now? Not the greatest, but still... my view has nothing to do with a "gimmie" complex.
    That doesn't mean that you don't/can't have a vested personal interest

Like the title says Nighthold is cleared day 1 and yet Mythic/LFR still gets gated release dates. why?

There is no reason for ether of these modes to have a gated release date, Even more so LFR having a gated release date that takes nearly 2 months.

With how broken gearing is in Legion there is guilds who can step into Mythic this week.

Its a system that needs to be changed. Casual players who only do LFR shouldn't have to wait a extra nearly 2 months and Hardcore players shouldn't have to wait a extra week.
    It allows guilds to do split runs at a leisurely pace the first week so blizz doesnt incentivize staying awake for 5 days straight to get all split raiding done and mythic bosses to start dieing.

The staggered release of LFR has been around forever. People expecting it to go are as realistic as people who expect LFR to be removed.

Especially now. Especially in Legion. Especially with the stream of content design that's going on. Blizzard would much prefer to release content at a steadier pace than a load at once and then nothing for ages. That's why even questlines have gated release dates now. If they're gating quests, what do you think the chances that they plan on releasing LFR all at once is?