Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea so wiki takes it EA/DICE stopped working on the engine since stopping version names Great sauce guy, you're clearly in the know of what you're talking about.

I guess you think GTAIV and RDR2 run on the same exact engine since their wiki pages both say "RAGE" for engine right?
    Come on now. Not at all. Do you think BF1 was made in a day. I guess in its 1 year of development time, The engine was enhanced 10 fold right? You are acting like it jumped leap years ahead of time the last year and a half. You act like it is so advanced, its ready for the 2100s. Staaaaaaaahp. Id rager that there isn't much difference between what it was a year ago and now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Didn't know the "New" 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles 3ds came out 10 years ago....

Incase you didn't understand I was showing you what it took to scale a simple demanding game down.

Battlefield 1 CAN NOT run on The Switch unless its scaled down to such a point its not battlefield anymore.

Zelda Breath of the Wild already suffers from popin. What the fuck do you think will happen to a system that weak in power trying to do a 32v32 multiplayer match on a map where almost everything can be destoryed.
    You are comparing it to a console that came out 11 years ago.

Edited in respect to mods.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2017-01-18 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Come on now. Not at all. Do you think BF1 was made in a day. I guess in its 1 year of development time, The engine was enhanced 10 fold right? You are acting like it jumped leap years ahead of time the last year and a half. You act like it is so advanced, its ready for the 2100s. Staaaaaaaahp. Id rager that there isn't much difference between what it was a year ago and now.
    Except we're talking a 3 year gap between BF1 and BF4.

Again, since frostbite is so easy to port to the switch why isn't it getting the frostbite version of FIFA?

Answer the question. It ends the debate.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-18 at 09:02 PM.

Alright folks, that's enough. Post respectfully or don't post at all. It's one thing to be blunt/direct, but y'all are taking it a bit too far.

Thanks

Except we're talking a 2 year gap between BF1 and BF4.

Again, since frostbite is so easy to port to the switch why isn't it getting the frostbite version of FIFA?

Answer the question. It ends the debate.
    3 years, not 2.

And they are getting a game made in Frostbite. Just an older version of the engine. I guess EA just makes a game in frostbite then turns around and makes the same game in a different engine. Gotcha.

You are comparing it to a console that came out 11 years ago.

R
    E
    M
    E
    D
    I
    A
    L
    First off what the fuck is a Remedial.

Second yes the Wii came out 11 years ago and a game ported to it to a system that came out 2 YEARS AGO and still had MASSIVE CUTBACKS. The Nintendo Switch hardware is no where near XB1 or PS4 (OG) systems that came out 4 YEARS AGO.

And yet you think it will run on The Switch. The XB1 had to run the game at 720p to make it playable and nether the Ps4 or XB1 reach 60fps online.

So once again THE SWITCH WOULD HAVE TO RUN IT AT 200P 1V1 IN A 10X10 SPACE. That isn't Battlefield anymore its Battlefeet.

Edit: Also the "New" 3DS is way more close to the Wii in hardware spec then The Switch is to a XB1. Its called comparing and if you think The Switch can run BF1 then you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-18 at 09:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

3 years, not 2.

And they are getting a game made in Frostbite. Just an older version of the engine. I guess EA just makes a game in frostbite then turns around and makes the same game in a different engine. Gotcha.
    3 years yes, no changes where made to the engine in 3 years.

So why isn't Frostbite FIFA getting ported again?

How about MEA?

How about any actual current gen version of an EA game?

Frostbite is so easy to port to the Switch according to you certainly EA should hire 5 guys to do it and make some money off throwing bones to Nintendo only owners?

I mean it's so easy right?

First off what the fuck is a Remedial.

Second yes the Wii came out 11 years ago and a game ported to it to a system that came out 2 YEARS AGO and still had MASSIVE CUTBACKS. The Nintendo Switch hardware is no where near XB1 or PS4 (OG) systems that came out 4 YEARS AGO.

And yet you think it will run on The Switch. The XB1 had to run the game at 720p to make it playable.

So once again THE SWITCH WOULD HAVE TO RUN IT AT 200P 1V1 IN A 10X10 SPACE. That isn't Battlefield anymore its Battlefeet.
    I never said they could port over the game as is. I said they could make it work. You said it would be an impossibility. I linked you an article stating that the engine, at the time, was compatible to the wii U. That article was when BF4 came out. The wii u wasnt that much stronger than the PS3 / Xbox 360. The Switch is more powerful than the Wii U, but about half as strong as the PS4 / Xbox 1.

The bottom line is if the playerbase was there on the nintendo consoles, EA would be putting out the games on the Wii U / Switch. Its silly to think otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

3 years yes, no changes where made to the engine in 3 years.

So why isn't Frostbite FIFA getting ported again?

How about MEA?

How about any actual current gen version of an EA game?

Frostbite is so easy to port to the Switch according to you certainly EA should hire 5 guys to do it and make some money off throwing bones to Nintendo only owners?

I mean it's so easy right?
    You REALLY think that they couldn't find a way to do it? Really? If the Wii U rivaled the PS 4 / XB1 in terms of player base, you don't think EA would have brought BF1 to it? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im surprised Frostbite runs games so terribly compared to Unreal 4. Which is a better engine?

The Switch is more powerful than the Wii U, but about half as strong as the PS4 / Xbox 1.
    You keep saying it, but that's not a fact either.

In reality we have no clue how strong the Switch actually is. We only know that its somewhere between the Wii U and Xbox One. No where do we have official numbers or performance comparisons to say it's half as strong as XB1. All we know is that it's strong enough to boost 1 Wii U game in Zelda from 720p to 900p and another Wii U game in MK8 from 720p to 1080p.(and both are docked running at full clock speeds, in all likelihood undocked it's very comparable to Wii U)

Nintendo ain't releasing official hardware numbers either. We won't know what's actually under the hood until people get it and open it up.

- - - Updated - - -

You REALLY think that they couldn't find a way to do it? Really? If the Wii U rivaled the PS 4 / XB1 in terms of player base, you don't think EA would have brought BF1 to it? Really?
    Did EA bring BC2 to the Wii?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im surprised Frostbite runs games so terribly compared to Unreal 4. Which is a better engine?
    Unreal 4 is not an amazing engine for high end results. It's the better overall engine due to scaling well and ease to work with but proprietary engines like RAGE, Frostbite, Sony 1st party engines etc can get results Unreal can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant we all be hyped about the inevitable huge library the Switch will have? Look at what the WiiU got and what the 3ds got. Combine them and make them all look better. Switch is going to be awesome in 2 or 3 years. Just gonna be a rough first year.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep saying it, but that's not a fact either.

In reality we have no clue how strong the Switch actually is. We only know that its somewhere between the Wii U and Xbox One. No where do we have official numbers or performance comparisons to say it's half as strong as XB1. All we know is that it's strong enough to boost 1 Wii U game in Zelda from 720p to 900p and another Wii U game in MK8 from 720p to 1080p.(and both are docked running at full clock speeds, in all likelihood undocked it's very comparable to Wii U)

Nintendo ain't releasing official hardware numbers either. We won't know what's actually under the hood until people get it and open it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Did EA bring BC2 to the Wii?

- - - Updated - - -

Unreal 4 is not an amazing engine for high end results. It's the better overall engine due to scaling well and ease to work with but proprietary engines like RAGE, Frostbite, Sony 1st party engines etc can get results Unreal can't.
    Dont you think a portable WiiU is exciting?

Cant we all be hyped about the inevitable huge library the Switch will have? Look at what the WiiU got and what the 3ds got. Combine them and make them all look better. Switch is going to be awesome in 2 or 3 years. Just gonna be a rough first year.

Dont you think a portable WiiU is exciting?
    It shouldn't be a rough first year.

The first impression is the most important. They NEED to make this year amazing to get people in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It shouldn't be a rough first year.

The first impression is the most important. They NEED to make this year amazing to get people in.
    The 3ds had a rough first year as did the ds if I remember. Still, im hoping they will release a dockless Switch at 199 at some point. Would help will sales a lot imo.

The 3ds had a rough first year as did the ds if I remember. Still, im hoping they will release a dockless Switch at 199 at some point. Would help will sales a lot imo.
    Since they are selling the dock by itself at local stores like Gamestop, I could see that happening. Even more so if it sells really well and officially replaces the 3DS.

I'm looking forwarded to The Switch, just not getting it at launch. Only way I get it at lease is if I got a spare $300+ to blow. As it stands I don't thanks to bills and so many games coming out lol.

I could see them doing a $200 dockless model and a $250 dock model in the future. I feel they priced it at $300 just to have wiggle room on lowering the price if they need to.

Also they like money.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They wouldn't even release a Tablet free Wii U, which was doable.

And the 3DS had a rough launch and start, yes, but they quickly dropped the price quite a bit. They also didn't have many games for it at the start from what I remember.

Since they are selling the dock by itself at local stores like Gamestop, I could see that happening. Even more so if it sells really well and officially replaces the 3DS.

I'm looking forwarded to The Switch, just not getting it at launch. Only way I get it at lease is if I got a spare $300+ to blow. As it stands I don't thanks to bills and so many games coming out lol.
    It's tax return time almost though.

It's tax return time almost though.
    I'm disabled (On Disability) so I don't get any tax's

Do got a lawsuit I am waiting for it to finally end. Mite spend that money on a switch, but only after I pay bills off for a good while

I'm disabled (On Disability) so I don't get any tax's

Do got a lawsuit I am waiting for it to finally end. Mite spend that money on a switch, but only after I pay bills off for a good while
    Oh. Fair enough.

I should be getting something back, so that will be going towards the Switcheroo.

Oh. Fair enough.

I should be getting something back, so that will be going towards the Switcheroo.
    Hope ya enjoy it. Zelda looks amazing, maybe if I am lucky my lawsuit will end and ill buy a Switch sometime after release.

Hope ya enjoy it. Zelda looks amazing, maybe if I am lucky my lawsuit will end and ill buy a Switch sometime after release.
    We shall see.

I just always wanted to own a console on launch day.

We shall see.

I just always wanted to own a console on launch day.
    So do I...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, reddit is scary guys. They're think Switch can run the FF7 remake. I just...wow.

I'm excited as hell about the system and Zelda, but I have no illusions about that kind of stuff.