Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What's up with the NH gear?

Last night my guild managed to clear 10/10 normal and 6/10 HC. I didn't get a single item except a boe which I sold, simply because nothing that dropped actually looked like an upgrade for me, more like downgrade. I looked at the loot tables for the bosses and I am really confused. Playing as fury warrior, there are maybe 2 or 3 pieces of gear in total (except relics and trinkets) that are actually good for my spec?

The tier stats are horrible with the most haste being on the helm and I have the leggy helm...

Everything else is haste + vers, crit + vers, mast + vers and I am starting to think about the haste breakpoints etc. How am I supposed to reach 50% with these shitty stats? Heck, I might as well forget about the 25% as well.

The only solution here is to forget haste, get the 4 shit pieces and force myself into playing with RA. I guess the extra 1.5 sec on BC will make the absence of 25% of haste less noticeable?

Anyone else feel conflicted to change good haste + mastery pieces with shitty crit + vers or mastery + vers as a fury? I might as well just go back to doing mythic EN and hope for titanforged :S

Deleted
    I feel you brother, all i am looking for is the DoS trinket, Tier set ... sadly i am not prio for it, so will wait a bit.

I guess the idea behind it that we have to keep farm Mythic +

10+ Year Old Account
    WEll ill be going in HC today but same boat mate. Cleared normal after 8.5 hour of wipes and waiting yesterday.. I gotten grand total of 2 items one super fucking bad belt and tier legs from coin.
    Same as my mate 2 items with normal and 6 coins.
    Then in raid there was some scrubby warrior pushing almost 270k and he gotten 3 tier pieces(two proced 880) + 2 offset items. GOD DOES NOT EXIST !!!

Ill be hones my plan is back head legs and gloves + cos chest and acrway shoulders) Legendary ring and hopefully trinkiet. Since our legendaries are like crappy kinda even neck would do LOL
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2017-01-19 at 01:12 PM.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

You think Fury is bad.. try being Arms. The supposed upgrades are not upgrades.. and T19 gear is freaking crap. Thanks Obama (I mean Blizz) for also nerfing the only thing that was good about T19 gear - the Battle Cry extension of time. Moving the good bonus to the 4 piece was predictable (We will FORCE you to wear crap gear), but after looking at the rest of the gear in NH and then the stat itemization on the T19 gear - it's just pathetic. BRING BACK Reforging!

It's funny that when Legion launched everyone was like "It's AWESOME! I love it!". But now with all of the nerfs/crap surrounding the legendaries items and the buffs/nerfs to specs, I wonder what people think about the job Blizz did for this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by def1nity View Post
    The tier stats are horrible
    There are 4 secondary stats: haste, mastery, crit and vers.

That gives you a total of 6 possible combinations: haste + mastery, haste + crit, haste + vers, mastery + crit, mastery + vers and crit + vers.

There are 6 possible stat combinations and 6 tier pieces and each combination of stats appears exactly once.

Regardless of which stats you prefer (it might differ depending on your spec and maybe other things like talents), there are always some good and some bad pieces with exactly 1 with ideal stats and 1 with worst possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    There are 4 secondary stats: haste, mastery, crit and vers.

That gives you a total of 6 possible combinations: haste + mastery, haste + crit, haste + vers, mastery + crit, mastery + vers and crit + vers.

There are 6 possible stat combinations and 6 tier pieces and each combination of stats appears exactly once.

Regardless of which stats you prefer (it might differ depending on your spec and maybe other things like talents), there are always some good and some bad pieces with exactly 1 with ideal stats and 1 with worst possible.

Yes, I totally understand the logic behind it, however I was not referring solely to the tier pieces. Just look at all the non-tier plate pieces that drop. I had a quick glance yesterday and the only thing that caught my attention was the chest from gul'dan? i think with haste and mastery. I believe there are also some boots with haste and mastery, beyond that are the two trinkets from the last bosses and some bis trait relics (which is nice!). Everything else is freaking horrible stat-wise.

Honestly, even with the 2p bonus (which is a complete joke, since FS is so rarely used) and the 4p for Fury, I think I might as well be weaker overall. I think with all the versatility this might not be the case but my gameplay will surely suffer.

On the other hand almost every boss has some kind of "speed-you-up" mechanic which could counter the horrible shit stats and loss of haste for classes that rely on it, but still I won't be surprised if in 1-2 months when we are all decked out in NH gear we go back to EN for the lulz and we actually do less dmg...

10+ Year Old Account
    2p might be a joke because FS but it also increases enrage uptime nicely. With 2p 1 FS = 2 FS.

supposedly if its >10 ilvls blizz says its upgrade regardless of secondary stats. I faced the same thing on my prot pally, but one was a 20ivl upgrade so lost like 1-2% haste for the primary state jump.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I got 4 items from my normal clear and 1 from my timewalking chest. I guess i got lucky

Quote Originally Posted by def1nity View Post
    Last night my guild managed to clear 10/10 normal and 6/10 HC. I didn't get a single item except a boe which I sold, simply because nothing that dropped actually looked like an upgrade for me, more like downgrade. I looked at the loot tables for the bosses and I am really confused. Playing as fury warrior, there are maybe 2 or 3 pieces of gear in total (except relics and trinkets) that are actually good for my spec?

The tier stats are horrible with the most haste being on the helm and I have the leggy helm...

Everything else is haste + vers, crit + vers, mast + vers and I am starting to think about the haste breakpoints etc. How am I supposed to reach 50% with these shitty stats? Heck, I might as well forget about the 25% as well.

The only solution here is to forget haste, get the 4 shit pieces and force myself into playing with RA. I guess the extra 1.5 sec on BC will make the absence of 25% of haste less noticeable?

Anyone else feel conflicted to change good haste + mastery pieces with shitty crit + vers or mastery + vers as a fury? I might as well just go back to doing mythic EN and hope for titanforged :S
    Yeah I don't know why blizzard insists on:

1) giving us the shittiest stat weights

2) hardly giving us good ones on our tier

It's absolutely infuriating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    supposedly if its >10 ilvls blizz says its upgrade regardless of secondary stats. I faced the same thing on my prot pally, but one was a 20ivl upgrade so lost like 1-2% haste for the primary state jump.
    They are 100% wrong

The tier stats are absolute shit. It's not like our tier bonuses are way OP. Even with just the 2-piece I'm usually always enraged. Blizzard loves watching us suffer.

Fury Warriors are doing extremely well in Nighthold and 2 of the trinket drops are incredible for Fury, you guys act as if it's the end of the world because the loot isn't perfectly optimised across the board.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

All classes are having trouble with their itemization in Nighthold. It was done on purpose, so we can't get BiS gear from raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Fury Warriors are doing extremely well in Nighthold and 2 of the trinket drops are incredible for Fury, you guys act as if it's the end of the world because the loot isn't perfectly optimised across the board.
    The trinkets will no doubt be nerfed for warriors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The trinkets will no doubt be nerfed for warriors though.
    Based on what exactly?

Based on what exactly?
    Based on the fact that they did the same for other classes but not warriors.
    Geared warriors do silly DPS but they are nothing special without these very specific items.

It just seems unlikely that Blizzard will lets it stay like that.

Also: "The damage reduction on Draught of Souls has already been in place for Unholy DK's. Like I said, it was intended to counteract the fact that Unholy's Mastery increases Shadow damage (and prevent Draught of Souls from being far and away the most overpowered trinket available to Unholy). This hotfix isn't reducing Draught's damage, it's actually increasing it by about 17%.

That said, we agree that Draught being so strong for DPS Warriors is a problem. We're going to look into it some more."

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-33

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Based on the fact that they did the same for other classes but not warriors.
    Geared warriors do silly DPS but they are nothing special without these very specific items.

It just seems unlikely that Blizzard will lets it stay like that.

Also: "The damage reduction on Draught of Souls has already been in place for Unholy DK's. Like I said, it was intended to counteract the fact that Unholy's Mastery increases Shadow damage (and prevent Draught of Souls from being far and away the most overpowered trinket available to Unholy). This hotfix isn't reducing Draught's damage, it's actually increasing it by about 17%.

That said, we agree that Draught being so strong for DPS Warriors is a problem. We're going to look into it some more."

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-33
    That's not a confirmation of a nerf though, it's just "we're looking into it" which could very well end with nothing happening at all. Draught is strong for both Arms/Fury but there have been more overpowered trinkets in the past (specifically during HFC) left to run wild. Blizzard did nothing to Warriors in their initial change of the trinkets for other classes. One does wonder where Arms will stand without Draught carrying it, the trinket is kinda carrying the spec on single target and the spec is pretty poor overall, that's a problem but probably not one Blizzard are likely to fix.

That's not a confirmation of a nerf though, it's just "we're looking into it" which could very well end with nothing happening at all. Draught is strong for both Arms/Fury but there have been more overpowered trinkets in the past (specifically during HFC) left to run wild. Blizzard did nothing to Warriors in their initial change of the trinkets for other classes. One does wonder where Arms will stand without Draught carrying it, the trinket is kinda carrying the spec on single target and the spec is pretty poor overall, that's a problem but probably not one Blizzard are likely to fix.
    It might not be a confirmation but it still seems likely that they will nerf warriors in some way and as they only really do well once you have the right legendaries, trinkets and set bunuses, a nerf across the board seems unlikely.

The trinkets would be the best way to fix it.

Would be nice to see less crit on all this plate, us protties are trying to avoid it like the plague, but the NH loot table runeth over with it

Quote Originally Posted by mugthrall View Post
    Would be nice to see less crit on all this plate, us protties are trying to avoid it like the plague, but the NH loot table runeth over with it
    Same for dps specs, which is funny since crit has been one of the topstats since Molten Core.