Idea for future expansion to hit nostalgia without going overboard

I was thinking today about what the future of WoW brings and how we are getting further and further away from Vanilla WoW, which is good and bad since we all want better gameplay and new story, but we are all nostalgic for Hogger and the old Barrens too.

Future WoW will be us fighting the Void obviously so we can fulfill illidan's reason for rebirth. Next expansion is looking like an Old God/Azshara expansion, which should be awesome. I was thinking that i miss a ton of the stuff pre-cata but also thinking how dumb it would be to resurrect people I miss when they just got done resurrecting Illidan. Then I remembered how the Chronicle has introduced us to new planes, one of them being the Spiritual one. So here's my pitch for patch 8.2 in the next expansion:

We have beat back Azshara and N'Zoth is now seeking help from the Void Lords now that his powerful queen is gone. Rather than have void lords shoot more old gods through the universe to Azeroth, N'Zoth is trying to gain more power from them through the spiritual plane by entering it himself (space is different in this plane so it is a much quicker way to accomplish his goal of being strengthened by the Void Lords)

We enter this plane as well to stop him and this is where the new raid "Spirit Plane" (or some cooler name) comes in. We battle 9 bosses: Hakkar, Onyxia, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, Arthas as Lich King, DeathWing, The Thunder King, The Warlords (Kargath, Blackhand, Killrogg), and then for the final boss for Horde they fight Varian Wrynn, Alliance fights Garrosh Hellscream.

That would encourage people to make more alts to fight both factions, and would hit all of our nostalgia buttons with bosses from every expansion. It wouldn't be as drastic as say, bringing back naxrammas again or resurrecting characters, but would essentially be N'Zoth bringing back the spirits available to him in the Spiritual Plane that he knows would scare us, slow us down, etc...

What do you guys think? Any other bosses you would swap out for from my list?

Deleted
    No thanks, i've seen enough boss recycling in wow for a lifetime of mmo's. Just make new content.
    Also, i don't think next expansion will be voidlord themed at all, i don't get why people think we will actually fight voidlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadukester View Post
    Future WoW will be us fighting the Void obviously so we can fulfill illidan's reason for rebirth. Next expansion is looking like an Old God/Azshara expansion,
    Nothing indicates any of this nonsense. Sorry.

We have Naga presence since Vanilla. Also, how would you fight the Void? They're outside the material plane, we're not. If we'd go to their realm, we'd simply just disintegrate.

Or we could go to an alternate universe that was kind of back in time, but not really, so that we fight with or against various warriors of the alliance and orc warchiefs!

7+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking. How about we fight new enemies that we never seen before or haven't seen them in person. Like Prophet Zul from the Troll Empire or what's left of it. Queen Azshara and rest of her Nagas. N'zoth and other types of things besides seeing old villains and fighting them again. Its kind of boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Nothing indicates any of this nonsense. Sorry.

We have Naga presence since Vanilla. Also, how would you fight the Void? They're outside the material plane, we're not. If we'd go to their realm, we'd simply just disintegrate.
    Uhm... pretty much everything points towards that direction.
    To the point where I'd say it's pretty much confirmed because the foreshadowing is unmistakenly obvious.
    It's so everpresent that I actually expected it in this expansion, at least towards the very end.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-19 at 10:38 PM.

Cata 2.0?

/10 char

So i'm not thinking we are fighting void lords yet, but I could see us fighting N'Zoth, and I definitely want new content but I'm also the guy looking up Old Expansion raid videos. To clarify, the fights with these bosses would be revamped, so not the exact same mechanics as before. like with the 3 warlords I'm imagining that one HFC fight with the 3 member council, can't remember their names. I would want an expansion filled with new stuff, I'm talking about using one raid, or if thats too much, one dungeon to hit some nostalgia, and if we are dealing with Old Gods (members of the void) they could make it happen using the spirit plane

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Uhm... pretty much everything points towards that direction.
    To the point where I'd say it's pretty much confirmed because the foreshadowing is unmistakenly obvious.
    It's so everpresent that I actually expected it in this expansion, at least towards the very end.
    Yeah, just like in Cataclysm when we had 1 quest in Darkshore where Azshara appeared? Or in 4.3 with the Well of Eternity dungeons? Everyone thought 5.0 will be the Azshara expansion.
    Or in WoD with the 6.2 shipyard? People went full retard with the player controlled ships theory.

Sure.

Yeah, just like in Cataclysm when we had 1 quest in Darkshore where Azshara appeared? Or in 4.3 with the Well of Eternity dungeons? Everyone thought 5.0 will be the Azshara expansion.
    Or in WoD with the 6.2 shipyard? People went full retard with the player controlled ships theory.

Sure.
    This is a bit different though, the Chronicle came out to show us that the real big bads were the void, Illidan novel pronounces him as the one to fight for the light and beat the void, pre-legion comics show Velen and Anduin about to fight some crazy big bad battle, legion releases and Illidan is back as well as tyrelion (sp) who has been battling the legion and void this whole time, emerald nightmare with the evil tree and xavius saying all sorts of foreboding crap about the old gods and N'Zoth, Azshara showing up in Azuna, Kahdgar and others saying foreboding crap about dealing with the nightmare, old gods, and azshara after we deal with the legion, priest weapon whispering all sorts of stuff about N'Zoth and old gods, etc....

In the end, i think they have set the Void up to take the Legions place as our "Big Bad" and from the void came the old gods, and from N'Zoth comes evil Azshara. So unless they ignore the story line that 2 novels and a big portion of this expansion has set up and go out in left field with something like "World of Warcraft: Ooker Dooker takes over Pandaria" I think it will be an expansion with some connection to the void

Quote Originally Posted by Dadukester View Post
    This is a bit different though, the Chronicle came out to show us that the real big bads were the void, Illidan novel pronounces him as the one to fight for the light and beat the void, pre-legion comics show Velen and Anduin about to fight some crazy big bad battle, legion releases and Illidan is back as well as tyrelion (sp) who has been battling the legion and void this whole time, emerald nightmare with the evil tree and xavius saying all sorts of foreboding crap about the old gods and N'Zoth, Azshara showing up in Azuna, Kahdgar and others saying foreboding crap about dealing with the nightmare, old gods, and azshara after we deal with the legion, priest weapon whispering all sorts of stuff about N'Zoth and old gods, etc....

In the end, i think they have set the Void up to take the Legions place as our "Big Bad" and from the void came the old gods, and from N'Zoth comes evil Azshara. So unless they ignore the story line that 2 novels and a big portion of this expansion has set up and go out in left field with something like "World of Warcraft: Ooker Dooker takes over Pandaria" I think it will be an expansion with some connection to the void
    I ask again: How do you want to defeat the Void? They're outside the material universe. Player characters are not. If (a big fucking if) we somehow manage to find a way to go to their realm, we will most likely cease to exist the moment we enter.

Deleted

Sure.
    You do understand that bosses, and even most of Legions important lore and some Class hall quests hint at the fact that there is a bigger enemy than Sarageras waiting for us? And that N'zoth return is basically a prophecy that is about to be fullfilled once we clear 7.2?

You asked for evidence, if you have played Legion and didn't see, read or hear it, I don't know what you did.

Hell, even in the very first Raid instance, we are fighting the old gods... and not the Legion.

And it's kinda cute that you somehow grasp for a logical means to defeat the void.
    Theoretically, we can't defeat the Legion either, they just reincarnate inside the twisting nether. But we do fight them.
    Same thing with the Old gods we've defeated thus far.
    C'thun, Yogg-Saron are theoretically not dead/defeated. Hell, if we'd kill them, Azeroth would be destroyed.
    Oh... Azeroth, a Titan-planet, that Sarageras wants to own/destroy so the void doesn't corrupt it. Another plotpoint which is pretty new that is also pointing towards fighting the void and it's minions.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-20 at 09:13 PM.