Bought the game pretty much after release but didnt play that much coz of Legion. Started again couple days ago and now I am 89 lvl with 2300rat and getting higher. Playing most as Rein, Lucio, Mercy, Soldier, Mcree and trying to get better with Winston.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So a new dev update came out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibPLyx8QWYc&t=575s
    Props to Jeff for actually working a meme into his speech.

I agree on pretty much everything he said, except everything on Sombra. He basically reverted back into the mindset people were afraid he would have in thinking Sombra isn't sucky, people just don't know how to play her. It's kind of insulting to the entire player base. Then he goes on to admit he knows Sombra shouldn't actually be a real assassin type who gets constant kills, but more of a team support but makes no mention of moving her out of the offense category.
    If you go on the Official forums and read what people are saying; you realise that they don't know how to play her. A lot of people are obsessed over health pack hacking; which is variable in usefulness, and they want people to know which they hacked rather than just anticipating which will be used - I mean that's something you just learn anyway.

Then they get caught up in like 5-8 second windows of Invis in, assassinate, translocate out. Which they then complain they can't do because the window is too small and the damage is too unreliable. It also leads to massive downtime leaving your team 5v6, which is not good at all.

I don't think it helps either that the guy in the tournament used her as a front line disruptor (and a lot of people, myself agree that's where we have most success with her), but Blizz keep going on about her being back line; when she doesn't have the health or agility to work there like Winston, D.Va, Tracer or Genji. And that her Hack is so weak 1v1 but so strong in team fights. There's clearly a dissonance between the vision and execution and application. That's the root of her inconsistency.

People obsess too much on categories too. It makes zero difference to anything what she's classified as.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-01-19 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I may be done with the game, the player base is just too trolly. Of course the people here keep telling me it's my fault and that I'm a bad player who deserves to lose if I don't win in these situations...

but I suspect they too may just be jerks.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2017-01-19 at 04:45 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Think I may be done with the game, the player base is just too trolly. Of course the people here keep telling me it's my fault and that I'm a bad player who deserves to lose if I don't win in these situations...

Wait for Endusbore with the well you didn't personally rank close to the medium performance for Lucio on that map, you deserve to down rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Wait for Endusbore with the well you didn't personally rank close to the medium performance for Lucio on that map, you deserve to down rank.
    The problem when this happens is that the loser can't perform well, and nor can the winners. Everybody suffers and the whole match is just a waste. They'd be better off just ending it, and adjusting SR on performance up to the point the second player left. I've won rounds 6v5, but you don't stand a chance 6v4.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just got told that im an idiot and should die for having fun in arcade mode.

such wonderful people.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The problem when this happens is that the loser can't perform well, and nor can the winners. Everybody suffers and the whole match is just a waste. They'd be better off just ending it, and adjusting SR on performance up to the point the second player left. I've won rounds 6v5, but you don't stand a chance 6v4.
    Or 2v6 in the case of this mornings game.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I've been enjoying it since I bought it acouple months ago. I haven't played FPS since CS/CSS(won all the leagues when i played) so I love hearing the *tink tink tink* sounds i get. Made Widow really easy for me to play although i tend to kill myself with 1 shot from genji deflection lol. I really like Sombra but in QP, there's no recognition if you play really well or not. A few games I got 28 and 29 hacks and like 10 EMPs, didn't get any medals, or get on the board... If my team loses, I feel like it was my fault for playing Sombra even with all the hacks and EMPs since i get 0 medals or a bronze here and there. I suppose it's different if you're grouped up with people and they recognize your efforts as Sombra, but in QP there's usually no recognition and it makes one feel like they are playing it wrong or weighing the team down
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I just don't bother with competitive beyond the placement matches. I'm a lot happier as a result.

The investment just isn't worth it for me. All the time spent getting frustrated over bad luck, losing streaks, poor hero balance and so on is better spent enjoying other games...or if I'm in the mood for Overwatch? Quick play/special brawls.

Deleted
    No, of course you don't win in "these situations" where you're 2v6. But the same situations happen on opposing team too. The more you play, the more even it gets in the end, meaning there's just as many dc's and quitters in both sides. That's when the only thing that really matters for your ranking up or down is your own performance in those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same but different issue. Done caring.

I tanked S2 ranked playing SR, it got so bad it was funny, I thought I'd wait for the reset.

well S3 comes, 7-10 wins, and got 932 rank bronze.

I believe in mmr hell and there is no way im escaping.

Typical Blizz fashion, no precident or reasoning for their actions, its always a crap shoot what they will do.

I wonder if Roadhog could have survived without his 1 hit combo. For some reason I'm thinking if his entire combo didn't finish off a 200 hp hero only lowered them to critical health, it would still be fine. After all, he is essentially pulling someone away from the safety of their own team into the enemy's territory. Even if a 200 hero isn't instantly killed by Roadhog, his team could easily finish them off. Or even if it's just the Roadhog alone, it would still be a near death hero's a few feet away from a 2nd shotgun blast to finish them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    No, of course you don't win in "these situations" where you're 2v6. But the same situations happen on opposing team too. The more you play, the more even it gets in the end, meaning there's just as many dc's and quitters in both sides. That's when the only thing that really matters for your ranking up or down is your own performance in those games.
    It's not fun though winning those matches though. All this stuff may even out over 300 matches or so for your score, but your personal experience isn't averaged out that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's not fun though winning those matches though. All this stuff may even out over 300 matches or so for your score, but your personal experience isn't averaged out that way.
    Not everyone has the time for 300 games so this averages out, if you play say 10 games a week and just get unlucky you can very quickly drop.. If the "answer" from the Blizzard fanboys is just play more to average it out, then ironically surely that is a broken system that only works for no lifers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone has the time for 300 games so this averages out, if you play say 10 games a week and just get unlucky you can very quickly drop.. If the "answer" from the Blizzard fanboys is just play more to average it out, then ironically surely that is a broken system that only works for no lifers.
    Well, they DO balance the game around the top 500 apparently...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am acutely aware of how quickly it can drop.

Like @Graeham said on the previous page; I just went back to QP and all the bad things like extreme saltiness, bitching endlessly about comp, trolling, leavers, they stop existing in there. People who leave are almost immediately replaced, trolls don't get a rise out of anyone so they don't bother, and people only mention comp a few minutes into matches when you're heavily on the back foot - by which point it becomes constructive. And, if you do have a bad night, you haven't lost anything and the next you're just straight back in where you were; in comp it can take days to make up for it.

Deleted
    Of course it is. People got bad days and internet connections sometimes fail. Blizzard can't know that. Matchmaking system can't know that. No game on this planet has or ever will have a matchmaking system that gives you nice even matches with perfect team setups every single game.

You can always go play QP if you can't handle Competitive.

Was lucky enough to find a QP match of soloers who happened to do the triple tank double healer meta setup.

Yeah.... we steamrolled the enemy team in record time. They made the mistake of picking those obsolete offense/defense heroes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Was lucky enough to find a QP match of soloers who happened to do the triple tank double healer meta setup.

Yeah.... we steamrolled the enemy team in record time. They made the mistake of picking those obsolete offense/defense heroes.
    I prefer my QP matches with random teams that aren't the meta, really. I already get relegated to Reinhardt or Ana in competitive, so when i QP i like to actually play other heroes.