Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    This is where I live. It's not bad.
    Looks great. I live in Uppsala, windy and cold. But i'm used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that beer debate is good (and feel free to make a separate thread for it), but its not really even a sub topic of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Protesting an inauguration isn't a particularly effective way of illegally removing a president from office, so it seems rather unlikely to me that would be the goal of such an act.
    Well what is their goal then, and how is achieving their goal going to have any sort of impact on anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    I get that beer debate is good (and feel free to make a separate thread for it), but its not really even a sub topic of this thread.
    Do you hate beer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Tbf, Molson and LabateBleu are also borderline piss water.
    IDD. Mainstream beer everywhere is nasty.

One time I accidentally pissed on my can of Lucky and when I drank from it again I couldn't taste the difference.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was obviously a stretch of a statement - but it was in response to an extremely ridiculous pro-US nation-bashing post.

Canada has its problems, and the US has its own. We can still be friends though.
    We can!

Good beer can make anyone friends!
    I will try some of your suggestion above. Thanks
    If you are on the West Coast you might be able to find Racer 5 IPA, Ballast Point Sculpin, or Mendocino Red Tail Ale. Try em

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Looks great. I live in Uppsala, windy and cold. But i'm used to it.
    Looks really picturesque to me, kind of like the Canadian Maritimes.

I'd definitely go to visit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Well you implied that people shouldnt question the president, if that wasnt your point then i misinterpreted it.
    It was not my intention to imply that people should not question the president. My intention was to imply that people should accept the results of our democratic system and stay within the bounds of that system.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with protesting provided it is not disruptive to the every day activities of common citizens (IE blocking the roads... get the fuck out of the way or I'll run you over). I guess I just don't see the point of these protests. Seems like people are just unable to accept the results of our system.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-01-20 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Apparently our mods think that boycott and domestic terrorism belong in the same thread.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...r-torched.html
    You surprised?
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    It was not my intention to imply that people should not question the president. My intention to imply that people should accept the results of our democratic system and stay within the bounds of that system.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with protesting provided it is not disruptive to the every day activities of common citizens (IE blocking the roads... get the fuck out of the way or I'll run you over). I guess I just don't see the point of these protests. Seems like people are just unable to accept the results of our system.
    Protesting is as American as baseball and ice cream in a waffle cone. You cant really understand why, that it just is.

Protesting is as American as baseball and ice cream in a waffle cone. You cant really understand why, that it just is.
    Apparently... Still, I feel like they used to mean something.

It was not my intention to imply that people should not question the president. My intention to imply that people should accept the results of our democratic system and stay within the bounds of that system.

People are just upset. Some people truly believe this will make their life MUCH worse. So they show it publicly. As is their right. And they should be guarded by police, not attacked by them. I'd agree that some of these protests arent very peaceful, but ideally they should be allowed to demonstrate wherever, even in front of Trump during his inauguration. But i don't support them intentionally blocking people from attending the inauguration.

Have you already forgotten the campaign season we just endured? Nobody liked either candidate, and now there's increasing evidence that Trump was backed by Putin in some way. We've elected a legitimately awful person, and while I disagree with the use of violence, protesting his inauguration is completely understandable.

Don't pretend for one second that if Clinton had won, there wouldn't have been massive conservative protests against her. They were already talking about back when she was leading the polls; that and worse. So many people talking about literal armed rebellion and assassination. Even if you argue that Trump himself didn't call for it during his rallies (which he did), when sitting politicians mention watering the freedom tree with 'the blood of patriots', your party has officially gone off the rails.
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2017-01-20 at 07:39 PM.

The whole point of protesting is to be disruptive.
    Though perhaps difficult in some middle ground to differentiate, there is disruption for the sake of disruption and inconvenience to be noticed.
    Destroying property is very much the former, and simply aggression and violence under the guise of protesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now protesting along with a baseball bat is just double the Americana for nostalgia overload.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Now protesting along with a baseball bat is just double the Americana for nostalgia overload.
    ...I just realized that what I said could also be interpreted as baseball and ice cream, both in an waffle cone.

Internetz, make this happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Not a chance in hell would I ever choose to live in the States.

Canada is superior in every single regard.
    I prefer my good ol' Netherlands.

Hail Willem!

I'm not endorsing destruction of other people's private property. However, if it merely inconveniences people or annoys them, that's fine. The whole point of protesting is to force people to address an issue by being a thorn in their side until it happens. Insisting that protesting needs to not annoy anyone is like saying you can have all the free speech you want as long as nobody else can hear it.
    I didn't say I had anything against inconvenience and annoyance.
    I just said there is one thing which is doing what is necessary to get your point noticed, and then there is behaviour which completely overshadows and has nothing to do with the point you "apparently" trying to make.
    I just think the destruction of property is people being jerks and hiding behind a protest to avoid personal responsibility.
    Outside of the "protest" that would be vandalism.
    I don't see why that should be called anything different.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-20 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Well for one thing, you wouldn't be communicating with people on this forum. The US government invented the internet. Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Android, Linux, Blizzard... airplanes, cars, defeating Nazis... The list goes on.

You're fucking welcome.
    You guys really can't stop not acting stereotypical, can't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

If they protest they should be relieved of their positions.
    Would not put it past Trump to ignore democracy like that, he is authoritarian enough for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The British invented the computer and the electronic telegraph. But hey, at least you invented the internet!
    The French had the first decent airplane.
    The first car? Also France. Unless you're talking about the first modern car, which is German.
    The first game on a computer would be Canadian.
    And the US was one of the last countries to join WW2 against the Nazi's.

Congratulations.
    You guys invented the internet.
    Now if you would just use it
    We've greatly improved cars and are partially responsible for what they are today. The point is that the world would not be the same without all the innovation that takes place in the USA.

And don't downplay the value of the internet. It will soon be the medium through which all forms of communications and media go through. It's kind of a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You guys really can't stop not acting stereotypical, can't you?
    I guess not...

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!