Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big fan of her spells to be honest. :l
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    Played her in Try Mode for a bit on the PTR

Her burst is absolutely fucking unreal. Could rip through Arthas like paper

Then when her burst is done she needs to GTFO and regen energy... but Vanish is only 8sec CD, so she can delete multiple people per engagement

Also, Smoke Bomb is pretty I WIN. I can see this being even more aggravating than Taz'dingo.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Then when her burst is done she needs to GTFO and regen energy... but Vanish is only 8sec CD, so she can delete multiple people per engagement

Also, Smoke Bomb is pretty I WIN. I can see this being even more aggravating than Taz'dingo.
    How did you find the 2 different sets of abilities when in and out of stealth? Can you only use one when in stealth as an opener so need to choose it as the situation requires?

So what do her abilities do? How do they interact with stealth etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryreilan View Post
    So what do her abilities do? How do they interact with stealth etc?
    When stealthed, her abilities become Ambush, Cheap Shot, and Garrote, and perform just as you'd expect from a WoW Combat Rogue
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    How did you find the 2 different sets of abilities when in and out of stealth? Can you only use one when in stealth as an opener so need to choose it as the situation requires?
    Yep, using Ambush (Q), Cheap Shot (W) or Garotte (E) will break stealth and put the abilities back to SS, BF and Evis

There are no talents that allow repeated used of stealth skills

However Vanish's CD is (a) ridiculously low at 8 sec and (b) starting from when you GAIN stealth, not break it. So if you're stealthed before initiation, you can eg Cheap Shot then Vanish and Cheap Shot again

Also the patch notes don't convey this well, but Valeera uses Energy exactly like a WoW Rogue. It's energy, not cooldowns, that throttle her damage. Talents which improve her energy regen or lower energy costs are INCREDIBLY powerful.

One thing of note is that Veleera only gains Combo Points from hitting heroes. She has absolutely no business doing PvE objectives like camps, bosses, Immortals etc as she does basically zero damage to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, poisons - Valeera gets access to two. Crip at 1 and Wound at 4 (so she could pick up both if you felt like tanking your damage SIGNIFICANTLY by forgoing other talents in those tiers which are outstanding)

They become extra buttons you push that apply the poison to the next ability you use, and do not break stealth

Also, poisons - Valeera gets access to two. Crip at 1 and Wound at 4 (so she could pick up both if you felt like tanking your damage SIGNIFICANTLY by forgoing other talents in those tiers which are outstanding)

They become extra buttons you push that apply the poison to the next ability you use, and do not break stealth
    Cold Blood at 20 works the same way, for evis only

all in all ridiculously fun hero, even more so once they fix the bugs with her extra action buttons having no cooldown

so nice for anyone who has played a wow rogue in expansions before the pruning begin, when practically every single talent is an old wow rogue talent or ability
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-01-17 at 09:23 PM.

List of talents for people not able to visit the PTR: http://imgur.com/a/VvReh

Tried her a bit on try mode on the PTR and feels very fun to play but super OP right now. Gotta pull some more gold after buying zul'jin and then regret it T_T

Well, they buffed Tassadar hard so he will be in every game. They also buffed Rexxar and his Flare. Combined with other stealth revealing abilities of other heroes, I'd say there are plenty of counters for her OPness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Eh Tass needs some major number tweaks right now on the PTR. His damage and shields are lower than live HotS.
    I didn't have a chance to test the changes myself, but Tassadar needed slight shield nerf and rework because he was problematic in pro scene. He has a ton of utility, is hard to kill and makes some Heroes overpowered (Like the Auriel, Tassadar, Valla combo that can even win 3v5 fights).

It might make him worse in common games, but those changes at least made him more interesting Hero as he felt dull to play once you understood his mechanics and play-style. I think this was really smart rework as it didn't touch his core play-style, just nerfed it a bit and made it less accessible while also adding some cool stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a LOT of build diversity with Valeera. I like it. Many tough choices and playstyle adaptations

There are two builds that I have been running to pretty good effect - depending on whether I choose to open primarily with Cheap Shot or Garotte. Ambush does a lot of damage on its own, but there aren't many talents that support opening with it.

Cheap Shot playstyle - buffs to Sinister Strike
    I found this one to have the best burst potential, and was good for quickly shredding squishy targets:

1) Subtlety. Your combo requires loads of energy. The extra regen is invaluable. Take Crip if the other team is particularly slippery, as Valeera isn't very sticky if they manage to get away out of SS range
    2) Relentless Strikes. See above.
    3) Mutilate. Makes SS hit pretty damn hard
    4) Variable. Smoke Bomb is better for diving, CloS is invaluable if they have lots of CC and DotS
    5) Elusiveness in general, Blind situational if they are AA heavy
    6) Seal Fate. The cornerstone of the build. You will open with CS and immediately Q-E, then Q again for another 2CP before the stun wears off. One more Q-E will finish the burst.
    7) Cold Blood. For your burst combo.

Garotte build - better against teams that are tankier and that arsehole Medivh who will otherwise ruin your whole day. Also better for PvE damage on maps that require it (Immortals, Punishers, Golems, Plant/DK etc)

1) Crip will be more useful as you need to stick to a target longer. If your team is very CC-heavy, other options are nice
    2) Hemo - core talent. More synergy later
    3) SnD - potent burst damage when coupled with Hemo
    4) See above
    5) Strangle is great unless they have very little ability damage. Elusiveness otherwise
    6) Rupture will improve your sustained damage significantly, and allow you to use another opener on your second Vanish
    7) Cold Blood if you want burst, Nightslayer will allow you to Garotte someone new after you kill your primary target (as your damage is much worse against a target without Garotte on them)
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2017-01-19 at 04:45 AM.

This is one of the days that it piss me off that Heronexus website is dead because it was only one that was putting talent calculators for PTRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That is...not much of a comparison. I have literally never seen Valeera in game, so that's certainly not much of a face. OTOH, I've seen Chen and Malf plenty of times. You can get through all of WoW, even getting lore master and stuff, without EVER seeing Valeera, or even knowing she exists, unless you're a rogue, and only then cause she's in your class hall. Whereas is doesn't matter it you're a death knight, a rogue, a paladin, whatever, if you're playing through the game, you WILL cross paths with Chen and Malf.
    Valeera was in SW at the pre WotLK patch at the harbor, at the gates to UC before the battle and huge part of the rogue campaign. People claiming about HS being a part of WC is deflection, but the point of HS being her claim is the same as your claims about chen and malfurion: You will encounter her playing hearthstone.

She's more important than Rehgar and yet he was in game first.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You will encounter her playing hearthstone.
    I played Hearthstone for a bit and I couldn't have told you she was in it.

10+ Year Old Account

Hero spotlight just been released so looks like she will be out next week.

Deleted
    She looks damn fun to play.
    Btw I like the new format where they put Strenght and Weaknesses giving you a bit more insight on what their design intent with the character is.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2017-01-19 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Great.. another stealthed killer. I already hate facing Nova, Samuro and Zeratul...

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    She looks damn fun to play.
    Btw I like the new format where they put Strenght and Weaknesses giving you a bit more insight on what their design intent with the character is.
    if anything that worries me as though Blizzard is anticipating some major blowback on her release
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Valeera was in SW at the pre WotLK patch at the harbor, at the gates to UC before the battle and huge part of the rogue campaign. People claiming about HS being a part of WC is deflection, but the point of HS being her claim is the same as your claims about chen and malfurion: You will encounter her playing hearthstone.

She's more important than Rehgar and yet he was in game first.
    Rehgar was thrown together because they needed someone, anyone to give Thrall's initial kit to. He only exists because they made Thrall wrong and required another orc shaman to use the resources that were already developed. Comparing Valeera's importance to Rehgar's is only an argument that Valeera should NOT be in HotS.