Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did they not put any caps on mobs in terms of how high they can scale?
    Apparently the maximum HP value cap is 2 Billion according to this quote:

1. Once the walls are taken down, the bosses that spawn have hitpoints that are calculated based on the number of players involved, to ensure a fair challenge. The problem is that we had SO many people at once (again, way, way more than we've ever had on PTS for testing) that the mobs ramped right up to the maximum HP value (over 2 beeeeelion, according to Vladd), and looped back around to 1. Yes, that's right, 1 HP.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5283003

I guess no one expected any boss to go to 2 Billion, heck even at it's peak with hundreds of players slapping on Volan he didn't come anywhere near this

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Apparently the maximum HP value cap is 2 Billion according to this quote:

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5283003

I guess no one expected any boss to go to 2 Billion, heck even at it's peak with hundreds of players slapping on Volan he didn't come anywhere near this
    So...why set a cap so high that it's impossible to complete the event rather than capping at a reasonable level? That's incredibly stupid, lazy, and shortsighted. And sadly, it's pretty indicative of this whole expansion, so far.

So...why set a cap so high that it's impossible to complete the event rather than capping at a reasonable level? That's incredibly stupid, lazy, and shortsighted. And sadly, it's pretty indicative of this whole expansion, so far.
    You are surprised by that? This whole expansion has been a mess. Lack of content, disabled content, buggy and poor quality content.

They must have not had anyone testing the content or even bothered with polishing it if it is being disabled for a week. Which makes me wonder if they even have a QA team if content ends up in so dire a state it has to be disabled.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-20 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    why set a cap so high that it's impossible to complete the event rather than capping at a reasonable level?
    The answer is fairly obvious, if there was a cap on bosses, just bring enough people to reach that cap and burn the boss down by sheer brute force, this is Open World we're talking about, not an instance where you can limit/control the number of players pounding on a boss, anyhow onto to another hotfix, seems the LFR tool is causing issues with overloading CPUs on certain services:

First off LFR is successfully creating groups and sending them off into the Queen's Foci. So that's wonderful. However there's a number of issues we're not happy with: It's overloading the CPU on one our services. It's taking longer than we wish to create groups. Lastly there's a few miscellaneous minor or recoverable errors such as the UI claiming you're in the queue when you're not or vice versa.

Thankfully the two biggest can start to be addressed today.

Less CPU overloading: LFR was built to be able to handle it's work over time, doing things for X milliseconds, stopping and picking up later. One portion of it however was not respecting that correctly. It has been flogged and now shows the proper respect.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5283960

Now for the actual hotfix #11

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #11 1/20/2017

LOOKING FOR RAID

* We'll be monitoring memory usage on the world server while LFR is active. In the event it becomes critical we'll disable queues.
    - Note: There were numerous issues resulting in a crash related to LFR, and this patch addresses one of them. We have a secondary patch in the works to address another issue if it arises again.
    * We've added some changes in for how LFR matches people together. It should now take up less resources on the server, which we believe is what caused some odd behavior you might have seen when in groups or while queuing.
    - This is not expected to have much of an impact on the queue times themselves, but that is being worked on separately.
    * Ready checks will now be able to be performed by the group leader in LFR, it was unintentional that they were disabled.
    * 10 man groups queuing into LFR are now given the highest priority in the queue which should hopefully result in faster queuing for full groups.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...20-2017-a.html

The answer is fairly obvious, if there was a cap on bosses, just bring enough people to reach that cap and burn the boss down by sheer brute force, this is Open World we're talking about, not an instance where you can limit/control the number of players pounding on a boss, anyhow onto to another hotfix, seems the LFR tool is causing issues with overloading CPUs on certain services:

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5283960

Now for the actual hotfix #11

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...20-2017-a.html
    Uhm why do you think other MMOs has a limit or cap on bosses? To avoid shit like this happening. World bosses in WoW cap out when a certain amount attack them and World Bosses in GW2 have a fixed amount as a couple of examples. You can't limit the players correct. That is why even in open world content you put some limitations on the boss. There is no obvious answer. Either nobody was testing the content or as usual Trion didn't bother to fix the content so it would be ready for launch just like the Starfall launch.

There have been methods in place for years for open world content similar to this. It's on Trion that they chose not to use these methods and release unpolished content as per usual.

Also lol at LFR. This is just getting horrid to watch as this expansion worsens.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-21 at 10:48 AM.

Sure, the answer may be obvious...that doesn't excuse it for being stupid... this shitshow. They seriously need to fix stuff like this, I fairly enjoyed Storm Legion back in the day when I started RIFT, but Nightmare Tide was bad. And oh my god, this is so much worse. Everything they do, they seem to screw up, get a QA team or something, this boss scaling thing...ughh. Limit it to like 20-30 people for highest scale, yes, it will be burned down fast for the first week while it is out. But then it will level out again, hell, I doubt anyone will really be doing these for "fun" after a month.

And honestly I bet most serious raiding guilds left at this point.
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

I'm glad I didn't bother playing past the first 2 weeks. So many issues, devs not being prepared for release is a pretty good reason not to release. Fortress sieges seem meh anyway. At least as a form of major expansion content where as other mmos have a similar system as a small patch feature. Demon invasions, Lightspire, any expanding gw2 event.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some more soul tweaks, for better or worse, all in hotfix #12

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #12 1/25/2017

GENERAL

* Fixed a bug related to teleporting to the wrong spot.

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* The following additional weapon skins have been added to the Rift store: Chainblade, Runeblade, Skyblade.

CLASSES

* The following abilities will no longer show mutiple reactive icons. Vaporize, Effervescent Blast, Rune of Smiting, Crystalline Missiles, Plague Bolt, and Vorpal Salvo.
    * The following break free abilities now work as expected - Fading Light, Sever Bonds, Earthwalk.

CLERIC

INQUISITOR

* Radical Coalescence no longer incorrectly removes buff stacks of Life and Death Concord on cast if you already had 4.

SENTINEL

* Banish and Bolt of Light no longer provide an incorrect number of Life and Death Concord stacks when cast.

MAGE

HARBINGER

* Piercing Beam tooltips now correctly show how much of a bonus is granted.

NECROMANCER

* Legendary Plague Bolt no longer incorrectly procs Plague Carrier.
    * Legendary Soul Bond now correctly affects Reaper's Touch.

PRIMALIST

DERVISH

* Legendary Tectonic Spike now correctly benefits from the talent "Seismic Activity".

MAELSTROM

* Drown tooltip updated to correctly mention that you must successfully interrupt the target to receive the damage debuff. Tooltips clarified to show this debuff is global, rather than just against the caster. Target now correctly receives the debuff as expected.
    * Vaporize's buff now correctly tells the player the increase in critical damage and healing it provides.

TITAN

* Legendary Essence Strike no longer incorrectly benefits from the Indomitable Mastery.
    * Legendary Upheaval now correctly benefits from the Reverberations talent.

TYPHOON

* Legendary Torrential Rain now correctly benefits from the Forest Matron mastery.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

INTREPID DARKENING DEEPS

* Spiders no longer drop low-level loot.

QUEEN'S FOCU

* Fixed a *sunglasses* bug where Hexalotl’s were sharing an enrage timer. They now all get upset as individuals.

RHEN OF FATE

* Rhen of Fate Chronicle trash mobs no longer drop loot.

CRAFTING

* Fixed an issue where Warriors would not get the best stat roll from Prophetic Dream Orbs.
    * Runes and Orbs now get re-validated on bolstered gear, turning them off when appropriate. Additionally a bug was fixed that caused pvp essences to get down bolstered.
    * Crafted Rune healing procs should now correctly be reduced only a single time in PVP. ICD reduced from 45 seconds to 12 seconds. These abilities should proc more consistently on healing abilities and no longer incorrectly fire on abilities they were not intended for.

ITEMS

* PVP: Fixed an issue with the Reaper Supply Caches to drop Leather Leggings.
    * Xarthian Tome now has the intended amount of Hit stat.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...25-2017-a.html

Were Fortress sieges fixed? Don't see it in hotfix
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Were Fortress sieges fixed? Don't see it in hotfix
    Yes, LFR is up and running, from the Dev quote:

With today's update it should be fixed and LFR is being enabled. There was a delay because we wanted to run a Fortress Siege and make sure everything was good with that before we split people's attention with Hexathel being available
    Guess it went well because:

Queen's Foci will be available all week both through LFR and through a portal in Quagmire.
    I play on European shards so we don't get the hotfix until 2am later so i'm just assuming it all went well for North America.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5285058

10+ Year Old Account
    Edge may have to make the call on this one. I've been quiet in this forum for over a month.

I was going to log into my VM, use a VPN and create a dummy account and post this on the official forums - to respond to Meteorblade quitting - one of the last vets I knew, but you need to have a level 10 character to post on the forums apparently. I haven't got time for that nonsense. Hats off to the dudes who wasted their time doing that. What a waste of time, though.

Harshmallows EU is pretty much dead - after 6 years. GM is on indefinite hiatus. Most veterans of 6 years have moved on and regard Rift as dead for raiding. Based on their forum posts (and there are many), they will never touch any Trion Worlds product ever again.

Mistakes were Made (used to be a massive RIFT guild on Greybriar), the US guild I was a social in is pretty much, well... now a WoW guild? WoW chat channels now present as most seem to have moved to that.

v

Trion, way too little, way to f--king late.

ps. over two months later, no raids except a one man boss fight and dozens of problems, bugs and STILL players are not sure what the heck is going on. It's Jan 25th and they're (the customers) STILL waiting for the 2017 plan from the Producer.

RIFT's "A" team is long gone.

I even blogged about how pathetic this all is a few days ago after I left a Teamspeak server on the 18th with one of the oldest members sobbing that all her friends were leaving and how she would never touch another Trion game.

Yes, I know people get too attached to games, but isn't that what makes MMORPG's? They're the glue that hold the people together?
    it wasn't exactly pleasant to listen too. It isn't fun watching a community of close people fall apart.

Trion have effectively wiped out entire guilds with this expansion. I would strongly urge someone to do some googling BEFORE spending a cent on any Trion game and not think these "hotfixes" are actually anything significant.

It's just not right what they've done to the RIFT community. This "expansion" (2 new dungeons, no raids) appears to just be a major cash grab)

Also, beware of any video or streamer that is positive about this game or "recommends" it and claims to be "unbiased".

Trion have sponsored a LOT of people. <- Click for Proof

Yeah, I've hit the "slightly angry" phase now. Still no f--king refunds for any customers for this broken, buggy, unfinished DLC.

RIFT's fall from grace is the best motivation for not touching a F2P MMORPG game ever again.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-01-25 at 08:53 PM.

Well, I have never seen a f2p mmorpg treat their customers so bad, but I wouldn't stop playing f2p mmorpgs because of it.

Just look at other f2p competitiors out there like Wildstar, Skyforge Ect. Power of the Primal Matrix looks great, and Ascension seemed like it had a hefty amount of content.

RIFT needed to delay this into early 2017, not release late 2016.
    Diablo Bore.

I don't see what's "scandalous" about sponsoring streamers/content creators to post videos. The videos/streams are all clearly labeled as sponsored, and that's part of the regular marketing efforts of any mid/large-sized MMO (or game in general).

It's not really a "scoop" given how public all that information is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what's "scandalous" about sponsoring streamers/content creators to post videos. The videos/streams are all clearly labeled as sponsored, and that's part of the regular marketing efforts of any mid/large-sized MMO (or game in general).

It's not really a "scoop" given how public all that information is.
    I absolutely agree sponsoring a video is not a thing, however, when a streamer/youtuber says he can receive payment without being biased, this is an issue - especially a guy who plays WoW, says he loves it, then never touches it again after the sponsorship - because it's poison to his channel.

Of course, then you have the others that didn't appear to bother to inform their fans they were sponsored.

My major issue is that NO-ONE who has any sense of ethics or morality would encourage someone to buy into RIFT Starfall Prophecy right now - "wait and see" and "save your money" is the only thing that should be said - especially in light of the ongoing incompetence of the devs, no Producers letter/plan, NO REFUND policy, almost zero endgame content. No Raids. Not much of anything really unless you enjoy building dimensions. All this 2.5 months after release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Just look at other f2p competitiors out there like Wildstar, Skyforge Ect. Power of the Primal Matrix looks great, and Ascension seemed like it had a hefty amount of content.
    My issue is not the condition they are released in, but what they eventually become.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-01-25 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I absolutely agree sponsoring a video is not a thing, however, when a streamer/youtuber says he can receive payment without being biased, this is an issue - especially a guy who plays WoW, says he loves it, then never touches it again after the sponsorship - because it's poison to his channel.

Of course, then you have the others that didn't appear to bother to inform their fans they were sponsored.

My major issue is that NO-ONE who has any sense of ethics or morality would encourage someone to buy into RIFT Starfall Prophecy right now - "wait and see" and "save your money" is the only thing that should be said - especially in light of the ongoing incompetence of the devs, no Producers letter/plan, NO REFUND policy, almost zero endgame content. No Raids. Not much of anything really unless you enjoy building dimensions. All this 2.5 months after release.

- - - Updated - - -

My issue is not the condition they are released in, but what they eventually become.
    I still don't see that as good enough reason to put down f2ps all together. Trions a shit company, and I dont think many mmorpgs would go the same route.
    Diablo Bore.

Hey, if they say they love it in a sponsored video, that's fine. It's sponsored, they're supposed to be "positive" about the game. Treat them all as advertisements, nothing more, because that's really all they are.

As for them not disclosing sponsorships, that's on them, largely. Sure, Trion should be ensuring that all their partners are disclosing their partnership clearly as a matter of course, but at the end of the day it's on the streamer to do so. If they don't and get caught, it's the FCC (or the equivalent in another country) that they get to deal with, because its their rules that are being broken by the streamer.

Business, yo. When a company offers you $5K+ to make a few short videos pimping their game, even if you think it's trash, it's hard to turn down.

I can respect that you have that kind of integrity Wocky, but I know for a fact that not everyone holds themselves to standards as high as you do.

I'd like to think that if I ever got involved in affliate marketing that I would have some integrity too. However when there are significant sums of money on the table for making short Youtube videos I can understand how people might give in to that kind of temptation. I don't agree with it, but I can understand where it comes from. Having integrity doesn't pay your bills and if you're depending on sponsorship deals to get by then endorsing something you don't support beats being homeless.

Hell, for £5k I'd almost certainly give serious consideration to making a YT vid endorsing Dog Shit Sandwhiches to anyone who'd listen. It's very easy to criticise people online for taking those kinds of deals from a safe distance, but much harder to live up to your own standards when you're the one being offered the money.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I can respect that you have that kind of integrity Wocky, but I know for a fact that not everyone holds themselves to standards as high as you do.

I'd like to think that if I ever got involved in affliate marketing that I would have some integrity too. However when there are significant sums of money on the table for making short Youtube videos I can understand how people might give in to that kind of temptation. I don't agree with it, but I can understand where it comes from. Having integrity doesn't pay your bills and if you're depending on sponsorship deals to get by then endorsing something you don't support beats being homeless.

Hell, for £5k I'd almost certainly give serious consideration to making a YT vid endorsing Dog Shit Sandwhiches to anyone who'd listen. It's very easy to criticise people online for taking those kinds of deals from a safe distance, but much harder to live up to your own standards when you're the one being offered the money.
    I have to agree, if Trion wanted to pay me $5,000 I'd buy the expansion, level up and sing praises about the game on my channel. I have not really built the following for that kind of treatment, but if I had it, I most certainly would take the money. Not all of us are independently wealthy like you Wocky. I live paycheck to paycheck and have things I would like my daughter to have. Any chance for extra income and I'll take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance people can go and make their own Thread to "reminisce'? this is a Thread about hot fixes pertaining to the game and unless you can discuss said hotfixes i respectfully suggest you don't go off-topic and go start up a different thread, thank you.

Any chance people can go and make their own Thread to "reminisce'? this is a Thread about hot fixes pertaining to the game and unless you can discuss said hotfixes i respectfully suggest you don't go off-topic and go start up a different thread, thank you.
    No. Got a problem with it report us all to a moderator. You do not control what goes on in this forum. We we will discuss wherever we want unless told not to by a blue/green. This isn't the official Rift forums.

On topic of the earlier thing as much as I hate Rift if Trion dumped a load of cash at my feet to say positive things about the game you bet your ass I would. For any game for that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I have to agree, if Trion wanted to pay me $5,000 I'd buy the expansion, level up and sing praises about the game on my channel. I have not really built the following for that kind of treatment, but if I had it, I most certainly would take the money. Not all of us are independently wealthy like you Wocky. I live paycheck to paycheck and have things I would like my daughter to have. Any chance for extra income and I'll take it.
    Honestly nobody would turn down 5 grand. Not even people who really hate Trion or Rift such as me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-27 at 05:50 PM.