Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Frost is apparently doing even better than fine. Well what do you know.
    What numbers are you looking at? Frost is dead last 98% of fights in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    What numbers are you looking at? Frost is dead last 98% of fights in NH.
    Blizzard thinks Frost is apparently doing even better than fine since they mention arcane doing fine, but don't about Frost at all. /s Well what do you know. The fact that Frost is doing bad is seemingly lost on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmI3oy View Post
    Meanwhile, Frost mages are being asked to sit out Mythic progression because they are the worst in pretty much every fight....
    If you are not willing to play all 3 specs, you don't belong in any mythic progression.
    Frost is the same as it has been for years - good ST, great cleave, shitty aoe. Nothing new or surprising here. If you are new new to the class and picked spec at random, then my sympathy lies with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Fire is on the lower end of middle of the pack. We all already know this. Were u saying it needs to be buffed to top performing spec or something?
    All three specs are bottom of the pack not "Lower middle," there isn't a single spec that is considered "good" right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    All three specs are bottom of the pack not "Lower middle," there isn't a single spec that is considered "good" right now.
    We're good at aoe, which means were good at most bosses in NH.

Deleted
    what awesome idea ... wowdevice wakeup and say today i will nerf one of the worst spec(arcane)! why ? cause that 2 talents is better from others
    10% nerf OP and 12% nerf amp they nerf arcane legendarys (legs , wirst)and some talents(NT ,SN)they remove quickening they increase mana cost AB AE but they give 5% buff ... wow!! iplay arcane 7years and everytime how some1 from blizz call "balance" arcane is the worst dps(to logs and sims) why there to wowdevice u dont delete arcane from the game will be better from that (every week and every exp nerf)
    y.g : they reduce mana cost for some fire spells... LOL is out from critism that ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    is THIS a joke???

Fire
    Pyroblast mana cost reduced by 20%.
    Flamestrike mana cost reduced by 17%.
    Designer Notes: Under certain circumstances, it was possible for Fire to run out of mana. It's only intended that mana is a constraint on Fire's utility, not its damage.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=259429/u...thic-nighthold

i really believe they are 100% trolling...
    idk if trolling or they dont have idea what they do...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elmago View Post
    what awesome idea ... wowdevice wakeup and say today i will nerf one of the worst spec(arcane)! why ? cause that 2 talents is better from others
    10% nerf OP and 12% nerf amp they nerf arcane legendarys (legs , wirst)and some talents(NT ,SN)they remove quickening they increase mana cost AB AE but they give 5% buff ... wow!! iplay arcane 7years and everytime how some1 from blizz call "balance" arcane is the worst dps(to logs and sims) why there to wowdevice u dont delete arcane from the game will be better from that (every week and every exp nerf)
    y.g : they reduce mana cost for some fire spells... LOL is out from critism that ...

- - - Updated - - -

idk if trolling or they dont have idea what they do...
    Nah, they're not trolling. They're just completely and utterly dimwitted.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    No, we are literally bottom of the pack in NH, I'm not talking about sims, I'm talking about actual NH logs. This is with AoE taken into account, Imagine how much lower we would be if there was a lot of ST fights.

We are bottom of the pack period.

Source
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-01-21 at 04:20 PM. Reason: added source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    No, we are literally bottom of the pack in NH, I'm not talking about sims, I'm talking about actual NH logs. This is with AoE taken into account, Imagine how much lower we would be if there was a lot of ST fights.

We are bottom of the pack period.

Source
    I was being sarcastic brother

People that keep claiming mages are fine, regurgitate how few "single target encounters" there are and that therefore "our ST output doesn't matter".

i mean, yes, we are botton of the pack in the first weak of raiding new raid, we have to wait to ppl get their 4set and see what is gonna happen now... but hey.... fire is now safe from becoming arcane and starving for mana... so thats good...

I was being sarcastic brother

People that keep claiming mages are fine, regurgitate how few "single target encounters" there are and that therefore "our ST output doesn't matter".
    Ahh sorry, but yeah it's the same people that keep saying "blizz loves mages they will never nerf them"

Deleted
    I have got the timewarp ring and ~14% haste and after 7 minutes of hitting dummy i get oom. I think with 4-set problem would be even worse. It's good that they reduce the mana costs, a few months ago in emerald nightmare while fights were long(~7 minutes mythic dragons) I was getting out of mana at the end of fight, on mythic nighthold with all this haste from sets/some boss mechanics my mana would be big problem ;\

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    everyone is good at aoe, get over yourself and look at the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    everyone is good at aoe, get over yourself and look at the numbers.
    Read his later posts.

Deleted
    many ppl that know more than most of us have stated that the 4pc gave us a high probability to go oom and im inclined to agree as ive come pretty damn close on fights like nythendra, just look at the interviews made with preheat(cant remember the names of the other 2 guys) about legion mages, they clearly state this but dont get me wrong, id rather have a dmg buff which imo is more needed.

Designer Notes: Arcane has been doing well in 7.1.5, but its numbers are lacking a bit

so they nerf arcane? LOL WUT

id have been more ok if they just flat out said arcane was too strong (at 4th to last on logs) and therefore were nerfing it, rather than just showing they dont understand what a nerf is or isnt

id have to see some sims but id say this is somewhere around a 2% overall nerf with some napkin math

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    Designer Notes: Arcane has been doing well in 7.1.5, but its numbers are lacking a bit

so they nerf arcane? LOL WUT

id have been more ok if they just flat out said arcane was too strong (at 4th to last on logs) and therefore were nerfing it, rather than just showing they dont understand what a nerf is or isnt

id have to see some sims but id say this is somewhere around a 2% overall nerf with some napkin math
    I have some bad news for you, I think your napkin is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuthedog View Post
    I have some bad news for you, I think your napkin is retarded.
    i would bet you any amount of gold this is a net nerf to arcane

you can double your post count while you're at it
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2017-01-22 at 01:28 AM.

I was doing some sims with the newest nightly build of SIMC with the planned changes and the fix for AF talent.

On patchwerk fight AMP is ~1K ahead. However if i go with a different model using HelterSkelter (movement, stuns, interrupts, target switching) AF pulls ahead of AMP. This is running with Erosion and with the AF the stacks build faster and they also stay on the mob and don't drop while we Evo or deal with mechanics that prevent us from doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    i would bet you any amount of gold this is a net nerf to arcane

you can double your post count while you're at it
    Here's some napkin math for you.

Before the 5% buff damage buff, overpowered damage drops by a little under 6% and Arcane missiles does 3.5% less.

So thats a net nerf of ~1% to damage during overpowered (but actually less than that because AM will be doing some extra damage) and a net buff of ~1.5% to all AM damage.

Then 5% more to everything else.

In what world is this a nerf?