Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yep, added a lot to the guide last week. So all the common questions should already be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Same logic. M+ do ring, raid do cloak.
    I disagree. He has 2 legionaries, upgrading 1 only increases the stats not the effect. Cloak provides agility, while ring only gives secondaries. He should upgrade cloak first.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Start with Demon Spikes bc you can use it immediately after Imo Aura. After that use the artifact ability and a Fracture to generate 5 frags fast and have Soul Barrier Ready, or conversely use Fracture and then Soul Bomb. Best thing is to remember is that you don't need all three rolling, and not to forget your Sigils and Interrupt(s).
    thank you! <3

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    I disagree. He has 2 legionaries, upgrading 1 only increases the stats not the effect. Cloak provides agility, while ring only gives secondaries. He should upgrade cloak first.
    This is true.

/10 char

I'm having a really had time deciding between my Blook DK and my Veng DH. I wish I had more time to play, but just have time for one. As soon as I log onto my DH, I play for like 20 mins, then I start 2nd guessing myself thinking I should be investing time in my DK instead. Then I log to my DK and the same thing happens. After all that I surf forums looking for something to swing me over the edge and just choose one over the other.

I recently came back from being gone for a few months. I had played a Dwarf Prot Warrior for my guild through 3/7 Mythic EN and completed Heroic ToV so I dont' think I'm a slouch lol. Just can't decide on what horde tank I want to play. I hate when I get like this.

Would an 890 Royal Dagger Haft worth using ever? I like running Soul Barrier now, so it is kind of like I still have a death passive. Other options I have, using DMC of course, are 860 raven/dinner bell, 885 cragshaper, 875 agi/vers stat stick, and 860-870 en trinks.

Quote Originally Posted by select21 View Post
    I'm having a really had time deciding between my Blook DK and my Veng DH. I wish I had more time to play, but just have time for one. As soon as I log onto my DH, I play for like 20 mins, then I start 2nd guessing myself thinking I should be investing time in my DK instead. Then I log to my DK and the same thing happens. After all that I surf forums looking for something to swing me over the edge and just choose one over the other.

I recently came back from being gone for a few months. I had played a Dwarf Prot Warrior for my guild through 3/7 Mythic EN and completed Heroic ToV so I dont' think I'm a slouch lol. Just can't decide on what horde tank I want to play. I hate when I get like this.
    I had the same problem all through Beta and a few weeks ago before some of the nice DH buffs. Honestly, if you have more "fun" on one just stick with it. For me, two charge leap, double Jump, glide, etc are all things that I decided I just couldn't live without anymore so I stuck with DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator View Post
    Would an 890 Royal Dagger Haft worth using ever? I like running Soul Barrier now, so it is kind of like I still have a death passive. Other options I have, using DMC of course, are 860 raven/dinner bell, 885 cragshaper, 875 agi/vers stat stick, and 860-870 en trinks.
    You should know the relative worth of your trinkets and why you're using them.

We started on Normal last night just to see the mechanics first hand and to see what mechanics we're going to fail on once we actually get to the harder difficulties. I considered myself lucky enough to get one last night and will be using it throughout our progression related fights when I don't know the fights as a safety net. On fights that are farm, I'll be replacing it with something more useful. With the Royal Dagger Haft, there's no reason for me to agonize over Last Resort vs Soul Barrier, so I just take Soul Barrier.

I had the same problem all through Beta and a few weeks ago before some of the nice DH buffs. Honestly, if you have more "fun" on one just stick with it. For me, two charge leap, double Jump, glide, etc are all things that I decided I just couldn't live without anymore so I stuck with DH.
    Yeah, I love that about the DH, however I've always loved the look of a plate wearer wielding a huge 2h weapon. Lore wise, I would go with the DK, playstyle wise, I like the DH lol. I'll keep browsing and hopefully make a decision tonight. My DK has been my main since Wrath and many times, even though I love him, sometimes I think a change would be good.

Any ideas what the new artifact trait Duality might be? Perhaps a lingering effect post-Meta?

So we're all on the same page, the new artifact traits are:

Duality: Under Construction. Check Back Soon!
    Erupting Souls: Soul Cleave deals 0 damage for each Soul Fragment it consumes.
    Lingering Ordeal: Increases the duration of Metamorphosis by 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 sec.

Seems to be one new ranked trait, and two gold traits for everyone, and all the ranked traits go up to 8 now. A bit different from what was said at Blizzcon.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    So we're all on the same page, the new artifact traits are:

Duality: Under Construction. Check Back Soon!
    Erupting Souls: Soul Cleave deals 0 damage for each Soul Fragment it consumes.
    Lingering Ordeal: Increases the duration of Metamorphosis by 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 sec.

Seems to be one new ranked trait, and two gold traits for everyone, and all the ranked traits go up to 8 now. A bit different from what was said at Blizzcon.
    Looking at the datamining, you'll notice only ranks 7 & 8 were added for old traits. This implies 4-6 are already in game... which they are: they are for the +traits on relics. So it would appear that they are only adding 2 more ranks per trait.

I suspect we are getting all bronze traits boosted by 2 ranks, a new multi-rank bronze trait, a new silver trait and a new golden trait.
    Some of these extra multi-rank slots may be used for these rumoured multi-trait relics, altjhough they dont seem to have added enough for that...
    Last edited by Yxiomel; 2017-01-21 at 12:37 PM.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    Looking at the datamining, you'll notice only ranks 7 & 8 were added for old traits. This implies 4-6 are already in game... which they are: they are for the +traits on relics. So it would appear that they are only adding 2 more ranks per trait.

I suspect we are getting all bronze traits boosted by 2 ranks, a new multi-rank bronze trait, a new silver trait and a new golden trait.
    Some of these extra multi-rank slots may be used for these rumoured multi-trait relics, altjhough they dont seem to have added enough for that...

Multi-trait relic doesn't mean multi-rank. There would still be only one rank added per trait on the relic, so no, it all works out.

I guess I wasn'tt hinking clearly about those; I kinda assumed they could have the same trait twice, but they almost certainly wont.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Datamining is inherently untrustworthy. Nothing we see has even been announced, let alone finalized. Iirc, the initial announcement was 1 golden, 3 normal traits for everyone. Right now literally every spec has a placeholder trait in "Infinite", though it's possible that's just the new version of the last 20 we have now. Don't assume anything until there's official data live on the ptr for testing. Even then it's possible and likely to change before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else disappointed with vengeance changes?

Not saying they weren't in the right direction but in the wrong spots.

Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    Datamining is inherently untrustworthy. Nothing we see has even been announced, let alone finalized. Iirc, the initial announcement was 1 golden, 3 normal traits for everyone. Right now literally every spec has a placeholder trait in "Infinite", though it's possible that's just the new version of the last 20 we have now. Don't assume anything until there's official data live on the ptr for testing. Even then it's possible and likely to change before launch.
    I just went back and rewatched the announcement and it's one three point trait, one gold border trait, a "utility" trait, and a 4th rank in existing minor traits. For a total of "15" apparently (7 new + 8 existing minors?), but that only works out if the "utility" trait is also a three pointer, which it doesn't seem to be at the moment for any spec.

Also, not assuming anything. Just collecting all available data.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by ghostomc View Post
    Anyone else disappointed with vengeance changes?

Not saying they weren't in the right direction but in the wrong spots.
    Personally the only thing I was disappointed with was the increase to Sigil of chains CD

Personally the only thing I was disappointed with was the increase to Sigil of chains CD
    Happy with everything but this, 90s feels really bad - not to mention its not lining up with silence hurts a bit also.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Deleted
    Lingering Ordeal: Increases the duration of Metamorphosis by 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 sec

Will that be for all metamorphosis's or just the on use one? I mean does last resort and soul proc get the timer increase?

Wishful thinking on my part i guess but the hp increase artifact trait also affects all 3 i believe.