LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    From what I can tell, assuming his nominations are approved:

1. Vice-President: Mike Pence

2. Speaker of the House of Representatives: Paul Ryan

3. President pro tempore of the Senate: Orrin Hatch

anything better than Pence on the list ? And why IS Pence so bad in the books exactly ? To be more incompetent than Trump seems not possible....

And I thought the CIA had people knowledgable in cryptography and psychological profiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And I thought the CIA had people knowledgable in cryptography and psychological profiling.
    Even they won't be able to decipher his word salad.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    CIA was not asked in the nomination process, i guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How would you write a parody of Trump's presidency? He's literally a parody of himself already.
    An accurate documentary of his term would make for a topnotch sitcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Even they won't be able to decipher his word salad.
    He's saying it like it is.

The only confusing part is: what is "it".

Quote Originally Posted by yourfather View Post
    He constantly refers to himself in the third person, most psychiatrists consider this worrying
    Oh they are worried for a slew of reasons for a long time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    “There is nobody that feels stronger about the intelligence community and the CIA than Donald Trump,” Trump said. “There is nobody.”
    He added, “I am so behind you. I know maybe sometimes you haven’t gotten the backing that you’ve wanted and you’re going to get so much backing. Maybe you’re going to say, ‘Please, don’t give us so much backing. Mr. President, please, we don’t need so much backing.’
    Is....he going to fuck the CIA? He's already screwed over the NPS so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    anything better than Pence on the list ?
    Well Paul Ryan, for sure. Most of the names past his are pretty terrifying.

And why IS Pence so bad in the books exactly ? To be more incompetent than Trump seems not possible....
    Pence is bad in a very different way from Trump. First of all, he's an extremely conservative Christian who has espoused support for using electroshock therapy to "cure" homosexuality and tried to sign a bill that would allow businesses in Indiana to refuse service to gay people (until the people of Indiana fought him so hard that he walked back on it).

He also simply wasn't a very good governor; when he threw out the first pitch at a local baseball game, the entire stadium booed him. He had a habit of not distributing agendas at meetings or telling reporters what bills he was supporting, and then taking credit for anything popular that emerged from said meetings. In 2014 Pence pushed for a successful pilot program to expand pre-kindergarten education, had his staff work for months on a federal grant proposal to expand the pilot program to the entire state, and then on the day the proposal was due he changed his mind and decided to discontinue the program and was never able to articulate a good reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What a clown, he's so self absorbed i'm not sure if it's sad or funny.

Also he's going to hold the media accountable, so he's going to really create a war against free press? No wonder he and Putin get along so well.

Troops still in Iraq and he speaks of that it would have been better if it got exploited but hey you heard it the US might have another chance to start another war and do that better the next time.

Poster boy for anti-american sentiment is the new us president.
    I'm just hoping our friends around the world realize that Donald Trump is as American as an Ak-47 is, and go easy on us. It's not like that time we had a cowboy President. Donald Trump is a deviant.

Look, we've been really well behaved for 8 years, just help us get through this bought of crazy. We really don't mean it. Most everyone things he's completely fucking nuts. First chance we get we'll throw him out.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Well Paul Ryan, for sure. Most of the names past his are pretty terrifying.

Pence is bad in a very different way from Trump. First of all, he's an extremely conservative Christian who has espoused support for using electroshock therapy to "cure" homosexuality and tried to sign a bill that would allow businesses in Indiana to refuse service to gay people (until the people of Indiana fought him so hard that he walked back on it).

He also simply wasn't a very good governor; when he threw out the first pitch at a local baseball game, the entire stadium booed him. He had a habit of not distributing agendas at meetings or telling reporters what bills he was supporting, and then taking credit for anything popular that emerged from said meetings. In 2014 Pence pushed for a successful pilot program to expand pre-kindergarten education, had his staff work for months on a federal grant proposal to expand the pilot program to the entire state, and then on the day the proposal was due he changed his mind and decided to discontinue the program and was never able to articulate a good reason why.

ok, thx a lot.

is Congress somewhat capable of reining in Trump ( or Pence, should it happens) ?
    or are we ( aka western world) "blessed" with 4 years of such bs ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'm just hoping our friends around the world realize that Donald Trump is as American as an Ak-47 is, and go easy on us. It's not like that time we had a cowboy President. Donald Trump is a deviant.

Look, we've been really well behaved for 8 years, just help us get through this bought of crazy. We really don't mean it. Most everyone things he's completely fucking nuts. First chance we get we'll throw him out.
    AFAIK you cannot get rid of him, not even by a motion of non-confidence by the Congress and unless you want to orchestrate an assassination, what else helps ?

anything better than Pence on the list ? And why IS Pence so bad in the books exactly ? To be more incompetent than Trump seems not possible....
    He isn't incompetent, but given his views that is the problem with him.
    Given the chance he might implement them.

ok, thx a lot.

is Congress somewhat capable of reining in Trump ( or Pence, should it happens) ?
    or are we ( aka western world) "blessed" with 4 years of such bs ?

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK you cannot get rid of him, not even by a motion of non-confidence by the Congress and unless you want to orchestrate an assassination... ?
    Impeachment, losing re-election or resignation.

I'm referring to the first or third. Political violence is unacceptable.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Impeachment, losing re-election or resignation.

I'm referring to the first or third. Political violence is unacceptable.
    Resignation then.
    just for more ideas: i know for example pres. Gerald Ford was never elected; he was the replacement for vice president in Nixon's term and suceeded Nixon on his resignation. Who is the likely new vice president after Trump's resignation and Pence's succession ?

Resignation then.
    just for more ideas: i know for example pres. Gerald Ford was never elected; he was the replacement for vice president in Nixon's term and suceeded Nixon on his resignation. Who is the likely new vice president after Trump's resignation and Pence's succession ?
    It could be anyone. Pence could pick a guy of the street. He would just need a majority vote in the house and senate to pass.

Who is likely? Probably Paul Ryan.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't share your optimism for a few reasons.

Trump is a populist and has a large enough following, the people in charge of reporting the news have been demonized by Trump's entourage from the second they oppose anything they say.

The people following trump find it okay to laugh at disabled people, ignore rights of immigrants, okay to make violent threats to those who oppose him, a good citizen thing to do to not pay taxes. I believe it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, let's say he's successful in making it look like he's creating jobs and simply dismiss the fact they'll be getting major tax cuts what is a bad long term strategy. He'll just either blame Obama for the deficient or he'll pass it on to future generations since he'll simply tell the rest they are wrong and stick to it and plenty of simple minded will believe it since that's how he won an election in the first place, since again anyone telling another story is already being reduced to fake news and he's already launching threats to the free press that oppose him, and he's president for how long?

Bush wasn't the brightest around but i think he believed what he was doing was the best option for the nation, Trump seems to be interested more in what's the best for him, a man who has never know any hardships in his life shouldn't be allowed to dictate the direction of a nation in a time of crisis.

I love the fact that some people are so desparate to defend Trump that they had to cherry pick one speech from Obamas EIGHT YEARS as president to compare to Trump's FIRST speech. As if to say "See guys, they both have made poor speeches as president"

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

Which was annoying, went to Mt. Rainier today for some climbing and skiing. Usually the NPS Rainier twitter feed is a handy place to get snow and weather conditions... but not today. So I wonder if some guy at a CIA desk tells Trump some bad news, is he going to get shut down as well?
    Do you know why the NPS Twitter feed was shut down?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you know why the NPS Twitter feed was shut down?
    Because Trump is petty and thin-skinned and the issue that has concerned him the most so far as President was his tiny inaugural crowd size?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Dicks and rich people outlast everyone. Trump is both, so he'll likely be around well into his 90s.
    not with those temper tantrums of his, he just needs a good trolling to blow his gasket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.