Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You didn't read very far...

"A duty to retreat generally means that you can't resort to deadly force in self-defense if you can safely avoid the risk of harm or death (by running away, for example)"
    And Nexx226's original point, that you claimed was wrong, was this;

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Again, you can not "hold your ground" in many states and then claim self defense. You can only use self defense if you are unable to flee.
    The line you just quoted absolutely confirms Nexx226's original statement. You cited a source that totally confirms his point, and directly contradicts the point your were trying, and failing, to back up.

HANDS! Shoving doesn't always involve hands. You can use your body or objects to shove someone.

Again, stop being dishonest.
    Then there's still no "shoving". There's getting into his face, but no "shoving". You're literally complaining because Shia may have bumped the guy a little. Are full city buses/subway cars filled with dozens of assaults every time the transit starts and stops? Because that's the level of "violence" here.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-23 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HANDS! Shoving doesn't always involve hands. You can use your body or objects to shove someone.

Again, stop being dishonest.
    Advancing on somebody and them backing down is not "shoving". At no point is the guy "shoved" he's just backing down because he's losing the shouting match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying someone should be held accountable for PHYSICAL SHOVING SOMEONE isn't the same as asking for a place to hide from your point of view. Go somewhere else and lie about other people. No one likes dishonest people.
    He was more like ~~~ chest bumping the guy around. I'm not so sure that's 'criminal'.

It might be, but I doubt it.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are by far the most dishonest person here.

You had to dig up post from really far back and take them out of context. You know very well that the safe spaces I was talking about is a place to hide from idea that oppose yours. There was shoving no matter what you say.

Saying someone should be held accountable for PHYSICAL SHOVING SOMEONE isn't the same as asking for a place to hide from your point of view. Go somewhere else and lie about other people. No one likes dishonest people.
    So you accuse him of lying, then you lie about it yourself. (Or perhaps they were "alternative facts"?) Shia trolled a troll.

And then when Endus shows you the inconsistency and hypocrisy of your position, you whine. Man, not only do you want "safe spaces", you want them in front of someone else's camera.

Jesus, you guys are as bad the worst of the greivance hate mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And I really don't see how I took anything "out of context". You're literally complaining here that the counter-protestor didn't get a safe space to counter-protest. And in the past, you've been heavily critical of "safe spaces". That's hypocrisy.
    Ask yourself what safe space I argue against and then ask yourself what I'm arguing here.

Does one involve force and the other ideas? Gee, maybe that's where you're getting it ALL wrong.

A safe space of ideas is dumb and shouldn't be funded by schools. A safe space against violent people should be accepted by everyone. They aren't the same and you know it. Stop, for the love of god, being so dishonest. You don't even know my position and have to straw man me... This is pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Yet another useful idiot among the celebs.

Deleted
    Mosh pits to be outlawed next

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask yourself what safe space I argue against and then ask yourself what I'm arguing here.
    You're asking that this counter-protestor have a safe space where he doesn't have to face the fallout from his actions. That's explicitly what you're asking. Not using the words "safe space" doesn't change what you're asking for.

Does one involve force and the other ideas? Gee, maybe that's where you're getting it ALL wrong.
    Again, no force demonstrated. Just yelling in close proximity, in a protest where everyone's yelling and nobody has any expectation of quiet.

A safe space against violent people should be accepted by everyone.
    No matter how much you want it otherwise, people expressing their freedom of speech is not "violence" against you. And that's all Shia was doing here; getting close and speaking out. No violence whatsoever.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

A safe space of ideas is dumb and shouldn't be funded by schools. A safe space against violent people should be accepted by everyone. They aren't the same and you know it. Stop, for the love of god, being so dishonest. You don't even know my position and have to straw man me... This is pathetic.
    lmao. Now he's "violent"? Dude, go outside and get some perspective. You are the one mischaracterizing and strawmanning. Consequently projecting as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare he shout down a nazi

TIL shoving your body up against another person to try and intimidate them and scream in their ears is polite, peaceful disagreement.

Learn something new every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    TIL shoving your body up against another person to try and intimidate them and scream in their ears is polite, peaceful disagreement.

Learn something new every day.
    TIL yelling about Pepe and Jews controlling the world is engaging in thoughtful debate and not just trolling for reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    TIL yelling about Pepe and Jews controlling the world is engaging in thoughtful debate and not just trolling for reactions.
    TIL yelling about Pepe and Jews controlling the world is being physical with someone.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    TIL yelling about Pepe and Jews controlling the world is being physical with someone.
    TIL Yelling a slogan is being physical with someone.

Aside: Someone countertrolls a troll, and the guys denigrating safe spaces want a safe space. /rolleyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy should report it to the police then, yeah? He doesn't need a white knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    TIL Yelling a slogan is being physical with someone.
    TIL aggressively bumping your body into someone else in attempt to intimidate them is yelling a slogan.

I like that we live in a world where the Left completely defends this, but condemns cat-calling :P makes up for good memes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The guy should report it to the police then, yeah? He doesn't need a white knight.
    Why are you white knighting Shia? :^)

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone shouting in your ear as loud as they can like that should be considered assault, since you are legally not allowed to punch them in the face or shove them away to stop it. of course a pussy like this would only try to intimidate someone smaller than him

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I like that we live in a world where the Left completely defends this, but condemns cat-calling :P makes up for good memes!
    To be fair, one is actually unwarranted.