Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll note that since MoP Trash in raids has become more mechanic oriented than ever before and it seems to just ratchet up from there. In Emerald Dream you have circles the group has to get into after the first boss or people die on the tree bosses, and others that people have to get out of. The slimes require people to step away from the group and walk away from big bugs. In MoP there were ghosts on the walkways that stacked -heal % on the entire group and if they were not killed fast enough could wipe the group.

So yeah I am not surprised a group would want you to not play with your phone during trash. If more people did it it would make trash a nightmare for the rest of us.

I will note 2 things.
    1. Everyone justifies the shitty things they do. They make up reasons in their heads as to why it is okay for them to do something. A Bank Robber thinks, "I need the money, it is ensured, victimless crime." but the bank teller who gets the gun waved in their face and thinks they are going to die doesn't think it is a victimless crime.
    2. We only get the story from OP's point of view, thus we don't really know what happened. The story will be twisted just slightly to paint themselves in a more positive light as they are incapable of experiencing life from another's perspective. "I checked my phone from time to time."= "I spend the rest of trash texting my friends because I don't care about trash."

Your guild came to you and said 'fix this or you are out', obviously it is an issue and has happened a lot. Your options are to fix it or be removed. Figure out what you want to do.

Like I said, Trash is no longer spam AOE. If you are getting killed by trash mechanics because you are not paying attention then yeah, your guild having to carry you and wait for you is costing them their enjoyment.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by murosfw View Post
    So much bullshit in this thread, but bottom line, if you don't get on with your guild, find a new one. Personally, in my guild, we have people who disappear completely between bosses. Being pregnant and close to term gives you the right to say that the game isn't the most important thing in the world. We've stopped mid-raid for half an hour while ppl sang their babies to sleep. It's just a fucking game, and having fun with your fellow players is the most important part of it.

Edit: and if teamspeak/ventrillo/whatever isn't more fun than the actual raid, you're doing it wrong.
    Its important to remember that not all guilds are the same and what might be acceptable for you and yours, would not be acceptable for mine.

We have 19 other people in the raid whos time is valuable and for them, fun is killing bosses. If they dont wish to wait for someone to sing their baby to sleep, thats when we as officers need to say ok maybe this person needs to find a guild that is better suited to their current circumstance and that is fine.

no one goes afk on trash, thats why we have a break. if someone avoid trash and leave it to others to clean, it is selfish. It is not fun to clear trash, but what makes you a special snowflake to take a trash break every time and leave it to others? Sorry but it is your attitude that need to be checked.

In my guild it is really simple. Go on trash break, you might or might not be penalised by not being given priority on your next bis that drops.

thats incentive enough for everyone in my group to actually speed clearing the boring trash.

ps: yeah, I am an asshole raid leader.

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    Ok! Continued to browse the OPs older posts and found yet another link to logs (albeit from WoD). Using the information there I discovered our friend raided on a paladin, following this cookie trail intrigued me so I continued! He switched to a demon hunter before then switching to a warrior and joining his current guild. Using wowprogress i looked up that guild and confirmed their progression to match the ops original post as wel as the timeline for his joiNing (they also mention being a tightnit group who has played together for sometime, like he said). I then noticed the logs I found to be uploaded by the....dun dun dun....Same person, the OP.
    I'd like to thank the OP for giving me a fun way to waste some time lol. Feel free to look over his logs, filter to trash and you'll start to see the picture.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22674

Oh, his character is Rexxr on thoselogs.
    Yeah....that pretty much tells the whole tale. He thinks Trash is for "other people" and yet he has the balls to accuse his guild for being "elitist" when they call him on his bullshit.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    its pretty circumstantial though. taking less than a minute to run upstairs during loot distribution or during trash to get more water isnt a crime. You raid with people not robots.

however it sounds like op was gone for an extended period of time during trash and was punished for it, thats inexcusable and i dont agree with it

sometimes im trying to do trash with one hand (razer naga) and eating a sandwich with the other hand, doing lazy dps. sue me?
    Running to get a drink once a night or something usually goes unnoticed. Everyone does it once or twice.

As you said, OP is a habitual offender who takes extended breaks.

This isnt about numbers. Its about laziness.

It's unreasonable to expect the raid to go straight for four hours at peak performance with no breaks. You should request two gen minute breaks. At the same time, if trash is pulled you're being an ass for not pulling your weight. Why do you think trash got the name trash to begin with? It's because it's an added time sink into what otherwise would be a bunch of five or so minute boss fights. It's important for everyone to do their best on this as well so that you can get to the real stuff faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    But the thing is we don't get a break, were expected to raid solid for the 4 hours we raid, like what do they expect us to do? Have a piss bucket under the desk?
    You don't "need" a break for a 4 hour stint at a computer. It's not a long period of time. I fail to believe they would threaten to kick you for just asking to go brb while you take a quick toilet break if absolutely necessary. There's a big difference between nipping to the loo and sitting on your phone while your guild clears the trash for you.

This thread is just downright ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    It's unreasonable to expect the raid to go straight for four hours at peak performance with no breaks.
    LOL. Do you have a job by any chance? How often do you take breaks there?
    Last edited by mmoc71c5112e9f; 2017-01-28 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    Ok! Continued to browse the OPs older posts and found yet another link to logs (albeit from WoD). Using the information there I discovered our friend raided on a paladin, following this cookie trail intrigued me so I continued! He switched to a demon hunter before then switching to a warrior and joining his current guild. Using wowprogress i looked up that guild and confirmed their progression to match the ops original post as wel as the timeline for his joiNing (they also mention being a tightnit group who has played together for sometime, like he said). I then noticed the logs I found to be uploaded by the....dun dun dun....Same person, the OP.
    I'd like to thank the OP for giving me a fun way to waste some time lol. Feel free to look over his logs, filter to trash and you'll start to see the picture.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22674

Oh, his character is Rexxr on thoselogs.
    Yup looks like he just goes afk during trash. This was a big problem for the guild I raided with back in Highmaul, about 8 people would do trash so it would take about 3x longer than it needed it. People called out about being afk the entire time would do the same thing op is doing.
    I find it comical he removed his logs from other posts to hide it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    You don't "need" a break for a 4 hour stint at a computer. It's not a long period of time. I fail to believe they would threaten to kick you for just asking to go brb while you take a quick toilet break if absolutely necessary. There's a big difference between nipping to the loo and sitting on your phone while your guild clears the trash for you.

If you have a desk job and you're sitting 4 hours straight you're doing it wrong (and you'll really feel it by the time you hit your 40s). You absolutely need to take breaks more often than ever 4 hours.

Take microbreaks (stretch) every 15-20 mins. Stand up and take a leg stretcher every 60 mins.

When it comes to raiding, take a break for 10 minutes every 1.5-2 hours. Walk, stretch, drink a bit of water.

Every raiding guild I've ever been to since Vanilla has had 10-15 min raid breaks mid-raid. Going for 4 hours straight seems really silly.

And then it comes to trash: OP you're a selfish douche and deserve to be kicked.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You said tho, it is a social guild, you are not being social friendly.

You can not expect to be special and avoid the trash, none likes it, but the point is that if the whole raid nukes it down, then you have more time for the bosses.
    If you go afk in the trash when you are new in the guild, of course you are having it coming.

Being casual has nothing to do with slacking. You are delaying 24 people.

10+ Year Old Account

OP "I only take occasional breaks on trash".

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

I can't believe they let him off with a warning.

It's a matter of perspective.

If you are too good for the guild, not only will the guild tolerate breaks, but will also buy you gametime and boes and blow you.
    If you are average or bad for the guild, they will criticize everything you do.

It happens in real life as well.

I've been nasty, cruel and a dick to an ugly girl, yet she'd stick around me like glue.
    I've been the best person, caring, devoted etc to a beautiful girl, yet couldn't get out of the friendzone.

kinda like supply and demand.

Roll a range dps, healer or tank, be good at it, and nobody will care if you afk in trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    If you cannot hold your urine for four hours straight, you have bigger problems then a possible guildkick. Either do, like mommy and daddy did when you were little and go potty before the raid starts or just don´t gulp that third bottle of mountaindew.
    But but Mountain Dew has dem Electrolytes
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post

Well, as a matter of fact I do ya patronizing fuck. First of all, it's a goddamn game, not a job. Next, show me a job that requires no breaks for 4+ hours and I'll show you twenty otherwise.

im in the same guild as the person who posted this...I can clarify he is afk for 90% of the trash...the raid night in question he was warned numerous times about going afk on trash, but he still continued to so. further to that we raid for 3 hours in the evening and have a full 10 min break at the 1 and half hour point, always have done. so the matter is that poor my rexxr spat his dummy out for being called a slacker and finally being removed from the raid...oh and by the way GL finding a new guild mucker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Well, as a matter of fact I do ya patronizing fuck. First of all, it's a goddamn game, not a job. Next, show me a job that requires no breaks for 4+ hours and I'll show you twenty otherwise.
    Show you a job doesn't require a break? What exactly would you class as "NEEDS" a break? I'm hardly the pinnacle of athleticism and health and I don't just fall to pieces if I work continuously for 4 hours. If gaming breaks someone in 4 hours then it's probably the persons state of mine or physical health that's the issue.

I'm not suggesting there shouldn't be breaks in raiding to go stretch legs and grab a drink at all. I am not suggesting anything like that, but listening to people go on it makes it sound like they are worried they may drop dead if they don't relax every 90 minutes. The whole thread is so over the top it's mind blowing.

Bottom line, OP is lazy and can't be arsed to pull his weight. Makes it sound like he's being driven to exhaustion in Guantanamo by his evil raid leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    If you have a desk job and you're sitting 4 hours straight you're doing it wrong (and you'll really feel it by the time you hit your 40s). You absolutely need to take breaks more often than ever 4 hours.
    Guilty as charged and yes I have no doubts you're right. I'm a sucker for punishment some days.
    Last edited by mmoc71c5112e9f; 2017-01-28 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    It applies across all aspects of raiding "what if everyone decides to do what you've done?"

In regards to skipping/afking trash, it means if everyone decides to do it, you're never going to get to the next boss.

In regards to speccing AoE, it means if everyone decides to do it, you're never going to have the single target needed for the boss.

In regards to standing in fire so you don't lose dps from movement, it means if everyone decides to do it, you're going to wipe.

In regards to not using pots/flasks, it means if everyone decides to do it, you're missing out on a massive amount of dps.

It basically boils down to raiding being a team effort, if everyone decides their own thing is more important, then its going to be a really shitty raid. I don't even recall who it was, but someone in my raid team tried to say they weren't going to ress while X of another class were in the group. I immediately called through that bullshit at the next available moment (after loot was sorted, and everyone was ready for the next boss) because if every little snowflake thinks they don't have to ress because someone else can ress, then no one is ever going to get a ress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Oh boy, that's worse that I had thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxr, I'm afraid this thread has seriously backfired on you. We are not some slave driving guild. Anyone can see that from the saved streams or vids on Youtube. Unfortunally for you, the story was so thin that people outside of the guild started looking at the logs. I wish you all the best in the future, and I'm a bit sad really that this is how it ends for you with us. Learn from this I'd say.