Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our desire for Retribution isn't really a top priority. We just do it if it's along the way.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    You should try a frost DK then complain about paladin movement speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    Ret Mobility is certainly joint bottom in the game for melee along with DK's.

It's an infuriating design and literally makes the spec unable to perform some basic melee tactics like effectively swapping targets at medium ranges on a frequent basis, by the time you run to the adds to begin aoe, then build holypower to aoe, the adds are already dead and you are auto running back bleeding dps while the monks and rogues and DH's and ferals and enhancements and warriors have already finished and are already back again.

It's pathetic and it's my biggest issue with the spec. Pursuit of Justice 15% movement has been a passive of the spec since vanilla, all melee need a certain baseline mobility to effectively do their job. This we do not have. We can't even keep up between packs in mythic+ dungeons where every other class zips ahead of us and continues pulling as we slowly cripple after them.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and no it's not, range can swap targets 30 yards apart instantly with tab, Ret can auto run to them for 10 seconds then autorun back.

Most range have better mobility not even including their 40yard range. If you ever do mythic+ and there's a paladin in the group, just check to see who is always trailing behind.

It wont be a ranged.
    Pretty much this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    It's not rage quitting because of a failed key. I have failed lots of keys before and never thought of quitting ever until now. The only thing we got was at least some respectable damage, and they took it away from us. What have we now? A weird ability that could be used once in 3 minutes only if you tell your healers not to heal you when you go close to zero health so that you may somehow incorporate it into your rotation. Too much needless stress and confusion for almost nothing. Why should I suffer from this design flaw and lack of quality anymore? I don't think anyone should really.

- - - Updated - - -

DK being in the same boat doesn't help ret though, does it? And frost damage got a huge buff while ret was overnerfed. Your talent tree isn't bloated with stupid abilities at least.
    Ret still does a more than fair amount of damage though. Just stick to crusade rather than weird clusterfuck that is equality and yes whilst rets clearly and undeniably lack in mobility (reducing the cd on steed or adding some charge sorta thing would do miracles for the spec) , they do make up for it in surviviability . Between LoH, Bubble , FoL, BoP, BoF and SoV you bring a fuck load of utility for the group and yourself - something others classes can't . If you overbuff Paladin mobility , then it would simply be too much.
    It's not really lack of quality , but rather the fact that different specs shine at different things. Everyone can't have everything. For example DHs have amazing mobility and great damage but lack utility ( evasion is an alright defensive CD but darkness is an RNG clusterfuck) and on demand heals (besides leech on meta , but since this is your primary burst cd you never really gonna use it for heals in PvE )

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Ret still does a more than fair amount of damage though. Just stick to crusade rather than weird clusterfuck that is equality and yes whilst rets clearly and undeniably lack in mobility (reducing the cd on steed or adding some charge sorta thing would do miracles for the spec) , they do make up for it in surviviability . Between LoH, Bubble , FoL, BoP, BoF and SoV you bring a fuck load of utility for the group and yourself - something others classes can't . If you overbuff Paladin mobility , then it would simply be too much.
    It's not really lack of quality , but rather the fact that different specs shine at different things. Everyone can't have everything. For example DHs have amazing mobility and great damage but lack utility ( evasion is an alright defensive CD but darkness is an RNG clusterfuck) and on demand heals (besides leech on meta , but since this is your primary burst cd you never really gonna use it for heals in PvE )
    Fuck survivability mate, damage is everything for a damage dealer. And ret survivability in pvp sucks big time. Holy Wrath, and Judgement of Light are troll talents. Take away god damn lay on hands and give the god damn spec a proper rotation, some movement and respectable damage. Or just don't ever bother trying to say retribution is a damage spec because the way it is now, saying that would be a bad joke.
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Ignore FelPlauge post
    Do not respond to FelPlauge post

The person post in almost every thread and makes it cancerous quick. Normally having nothing constructive to say.

In response to the original post pallys from what I remember had blessing of freedom that used to give a really nice burst of speed. But now instead you have two horses which is not bad at all compared to DK's.

My new main warlock is becoming a bother as I am noticing every class is able to run away from me with much ease. Most likely the worst mobile class.

Honestly both DK's and pallys should just move as a passive 120%. Like how DK's used to be back then, I have no idea why they took it away from them. Warriors even get a nice speed boost after heroic leap. Its really like night and day compared to pallys and DK's.

But of course you are a pally because they are awesome. They get beautiful sets, amazing spell effects, and the ash Bringer for crying out loud. Warriors have a much better play style but have horrible artifacts if you noticed lol.

But seriously FelPlauge is on here all day, just don't respond to its post.

Please refrain from insulting other forum users (or insinuating that they are trolls).
    why do you say im wrong, (that paladins arnt the least mobile class, as warlocks are extremely immobile) then say i am right, and paladins arnt the least mobile classes, as warlocks are extremely immobile? what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    So, this derailed and got back on track again and turned into bickering back and forth...

I just wanted to state that the class feels slow. I see the running animations but it feels more like a slow jogg.

I dont care about balance, I don't care about dps or pvp etc. I just feel slow running around in doing all kind of stuff, and it feels less fun than running a bit faster.

Hopefully we can get a permanent movement increase to our class (and everyone else too, including warlocks).

Or at least add a damn sprint bar with stamina like other games have, so the pretty nice and cool looking lean forward animation gets used more often!

/peace
    a perma movement speed increase out of combat in the world would be very nice, as it sucks to move from mob to mob when you have no speed boost, or a massive speed boost that you only need 1/3-1/2 of it to reach your target...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Fuck survivability mate, damage is everything for a damage dealer. And ret survivability in pvp sucks big time. Holy Wrath, and Judgement of Light are troll talents. Take away god damn lay on hands and give the god damn spec a proper rotation, some movement and respectable damage. Or just don't ever bother trying to say retribution is a damage spec because the way it is now, saying that would be a bad joke.
    Rest do have respectable damage , our guild ret is pullin 600k+ DPS - if that's not respectable , idk what is .
    Hell even i, on my 860 ret alt , can pull of 350-400k , with like 27-ish traits in the weapon

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Fuck survivability mate
    Sounds like a fire mage early tbc.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Try being a dk. Oh I got stuck on a twig while using Wrath walk for the billionth time.
    Glyph it.

Yes, it's stupid that we have to glyph an ability in order for it to work properly, and we don't get to choose colors, but glyph it. You'll hate it somewhat less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why do you say im wrong, (that paladins arnt the least mobile class, as warlocks are extremely immobile) then say i am right, and paladins arnt the least mobile classes, as warlocks are extremely immobile? what?

- - - Updated - - -

a perma movement speed increase out of combat in the world would be very nice, as it sucks to move from mob to mob when you have no speed boost, or a massive speed boost that you only need 1/3-1/2 of it to reach your target...

You made the tread about improving warlocks when this is a pally thread. You got far off topic. This is not a thread to qq about warlocks. This is a thread about pallys. Notice I only said only sentence and then the rest of the post is about how to improve pallys and comparing them to their brothers dk and warriors.

It does not matter if warlocks are the worst it is NOT relevant to the thread to continue discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    You made the tread about improving warlocks when this is a pally thread. You got far off topic. This is not a thread to qq about warlocks. This is a thread about pallys. Notice I only said only sentence and then the rest of the post is about how to improve pallys and comparing them to their brothers dk and warriors.

It does not matter if warlocks are the worst it is NOT relevant to the thread to continue discussion.
    again no i dident, im not making the thread about improving warlocks

im making the point that "PALLIS HAVE THE WORSE MOVEMENT, THIS IS BULLSHIT BLIZZ" is false, as there are other classes who have much worse movement

I also removed the Leg boots (my very first Leg) to get the Belt and enjoyed the movement speed even if it wasnt a dps increase. Well in a way it was a dps increase. I changed them for the Leg Belt and I miss that running speed so bad. When Crusader is stacked you get an insane running speed that also let you to always be in melee during high movement encounter. Now those 2 Holy Charger's charge are more precious then ever. Getting to know fights and what to priorise will help counter the lack of speed. (Knowledge makes power, even if you're slower).

I really miss long Arm of the Law as a talent.

DKs are in the same boat, if not worse and that since almost forever. I feel you boys!

10+ Year Old Account
    again no i dident, im not making the thread about improving warlocks

im making the point that "PALLIS HAVE THE WORSE MOVEMENT, THIS IS BULLSHIT BLIZZ" is false, as there are other classes who have much worse movement
    Movement isn't the only problem though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Movement isn't the only problem though.
    oh man, where could i possibly have gotten the thought that this thread was about the movement of paladin, and not about overall the paladin class... i wonder

10+ Year Old Account
    oh man, where could i possibly have gotten the thought that this thread was about the movement of paladin, and not about overall the paladin class... i wonder

Well, we have been talking about pretty much everything and I think it should be fair to say that movement isn't the only problem for retribution here as well. Saying that warlocks and death knights don't have better mobility is fair too.

I'd pretty much prefer to have somehow closer mobility to warriors for better uptime on my target but given the current awkward and different toolkit, it would be almost impossible to balance.

The worst mobile melee damage dealers are death knight and paladin as far as I know. Warlocks aren't too mobile either but they are ranged damage dealers. Less mobility effects everyone badly but melee even worse.
    Last edited by Vuagnon; 2017-01-29 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Maybe if you have not cherry picked my quote you would have seen .
    Speaking of cherry picking, I like the part where you completely ignore the part where I destroy your argument about shadow having inferior mobility, and just jump to attack any other part of my post you can.

I won't be replying to you again since you seem incapable of rational argument. Make as many strawmen as you like, I'm not going to take the time to burn them.

DK's and Ret have the worst mobility problems of all classes. I would perhaps concede warlocks have similar, but again, warlocks are not a melee, they don't need mobility for damage in the same way.

Why does everyone forget that warlock is somehow "tanky" caster who is intended to be immobile, however they don't need to run from one pack of adds to another. Dk's might be even slower than pallys, but since the moment they get to their target they would never let it go, which is guaranteed by permanent snare\aoe snare and death's grasp. What do pallys have? blessing of freedom to run with normal speed and hand of hindrance to slow someone once every 30 sec lol? I feel so helpless when ele shaman places his frost shit on me and onebuttonpurge my freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    Speaking of cherry picking, I like the part where you completely ignore the part where I destroy your argument about shadow having inferior mobility, and just jump to attack any other part of my post you can.

I won't be replying to you again since you seem incapable of rational argument. Make as many strawmen as you like, I'm not going to take the time to burn them.

DK's and Ret have the worst mobility problems of all classes. I would perhaps concede warlocks have similar, but again, warlocks are not a melee, they don't need mobility for damage in the same way.
    Uh I did? Pretty sure I covered it. I play both classes, paladin is far superior when it comes to movement.

And that is fine, I rather not argue with someone who can't respond without attacking.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    Recently bought Legion and decided to start out with my really old Paladin.

Lots of spells abilities removed/changed, didn't expect anything else.

But from what I remember, we (Paladins) used to be rather swift on our feets, but with the removal of speed enchants and movement increase abilities it feels like I'm jogging, at most, around Azeroth.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the same? (I played around with a DH in the start zone and that felt like a complete different game)

ummm what? Paladins never had any movement increase compared to any class. The only thing they had was a aura for mounts.
    Umm what? Speed enchant is still there its on the cloak.
    Umm what Movement increase abilities? What game were you playing...

Now paladins got a 2 charge horse for movement its pretty epic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    ummm what? Paladins never had any movement increase compared to any class. The only thing they had was a aura for mounts.
    Umm what? Speed enchant is still there its on the cloak.
    Umm what Movement increase abilities? What game were you playing...

Now paladins got a 2 charge horse for movement its pretty epic.
    We used to have the choice of a passive movement speed, plus extra movement speed depending on our holy power - a 'holy sprint' choice - and one so that if we cast Judgment, we got a short burst of speed.