Poll: Should multi-boxing be against the WoW terms of service?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I see no gameplay disadvantage to Multiboxing. If those 4 MB alts wipe you and this is the best complaint you can come up with, are you really of a mind that if they were 4 separate players you would have survived?
    But it isn't 4 separate players, it's one player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    Not really. There is only one action per press on each account. There is no automation at all: no actions will happen without explicit action from player. Just face it: multiboxing is 100% legal.
    We both know you're reaching really hard. When you press the 3 key you are pressing one ability, not 5. It is physically impossible for a person to focus on and play 5 characters. You are playing one.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-28 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Voted no, since I can't find anything wrong with it. On the other hand if you keep wiping while leveling in a dungeon because of this....It kind of goes against the whole MMO idea

@ Tumaras, Blizzard deems multi-boxing acceptable as long as the actions by the users does not breach ToS. Blizzard however has not actively supported multi-boxing and has made changes over the years that has hindered multi-boxers rather than support them them including account caps and follow changes.

I think it is too late to make a change on the ToS on this mater. I do however think Blizzard should follow their own policies and moderate those who do break policies in regards to AoE spam in same faction cities and being big contributor of repeated instance crashes. If a guild trying to participate in a city raid gets told to GTFO due to crashes then so should the multiboxer. Being a multi-boxer should also not give an individual an unreasonable amount of group control over other individuals in queue content.

I also dont know why Blizzard will not apply the same anti-AFK features to instanced PVE content.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-01-28 at 10:42 PM.

I have no idea about rules, ToS, nor legalities so this is just an opinion.
    I think multi-boxing is a pay to win mechanism that makes leveling multiple characters way too easy. I'd love to have that but I can't pay it. I pay and play WoW because I dislike pay to win games (the game is supposed not to be pay to win right?). So yes imo it should be against tos.
    But then again as many people already said, nowadays it's very rare and doesn't have an impact on most of our playing experience, so I wouldn't care enough to complain.

Up to a small party, like 5 members, I don't see an issue, especially with shared tagging/nodes. Large scale, lag inducing multiboxering should not be allowed. The large scale boxers on Emerald Dream should've never been allowed. Blizzard showed where their priorities are when they allowed the sacks of shit boxing 40-80 toons to destroy the player experience for others and cheat (win trading, abuse of the report feature) without any repercussions. If you pay for 40-80 licenses, you can pretty much do what you want.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If it were more about the integrity of the game than shekels, Blizzard would explicitly ban it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way! As someone who has 2 crafting professions I like that they help keep things cheaper for me now that nodes are shared.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    Not really. There is only one action per press on each account. There is no automation at all: no actions will happen without explicit action from player. Just face it: multiboxing is 100% legal.
    It's a semantic argument where the crux is "per account".

Should raid groups out in the world be against ToS as well?

I have never multiboxed.

I never intend to multibox.

I have been frustrated in the past for being killed by a multiboxer.

I have been annoyed by a multiboxer taking up spots in a pug raid.

I firmly believe multiboxing is a legitimate playstyle and it should not be banned.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Hell no, I've used multiboxing to level when I've done RAF on myself.

I have encountered a few on PVP realms. 5 man groups of identical toons; all casting the same spells simultaneously. Sometimes they even all say the same things; I won't say that all multi boxers are cheating. But, I will promise you that there is a percentage of them that are utilizing 3rd party software to exploit this loophole in the ToS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't affect me much at all so I don't care too much either way, but it's not particularly enjoyable to be insta-gibbed by one person who happens to be controlling 5 characters, that should be something that should be coordinated by a group in my opinion.

But they're all giving Blizzard $$, and it's not against ToS, so there's around a 0% chance it'll ever be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked Blizzard already took the steps to brake them in battlegrounds so it doesn't really matter to me. They may be an annoyance in World PvP, but I don't care too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Simple question. The justification given is that they are still controlling all x amount of characters. Obviously there's a bit of stretch saying that, I would say we consider "playing a character" a 1:1 thing. Wondering what the general consensus is.
    Were u ganked by an multiboxer and then decided to make this post?

also no, multiboxing is fine.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post

I've heard Frolk multiboxes shitposting accounts on MMO-C.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no they payed for the shit and dont break any rules, stop crying and get good

Of course it should be. Especially in rated PvP servers.
    But it isn't.
    Won't be.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post

It's funny how whenever you have an opinion on something people think you must be for some side. Do you play a multibox? Is that why you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    no they payed for the shit and dont break any rules, stop crying and get good
    Stop crying. Get good. You are bad. L2P.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-29 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    Multiboxing is fine until they are using programs to mimic keypresses. Then you're a piece of crap and deserve to be banned. I couldn't vote because your options are too closed minded.
    But it would be okay to control several characters with 1 mouse and keyboard if it was hardware based solution?
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]