Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Well fortunately for us in the UK we have what we call a civilised healthcare system, so if I ever get to the point where I need someone to wipe my ass I will be well taken care of by the multitudes of systems a decent country puts into place so that these kinds of people don't suffer.

So yes, please do continue to assume everyone should buy their own property when there is absolutely no need to, especially when you haven't got the money behind you to support it. If someone literally tries to buy their own place whilst living on minimum wage then they're as much of a retard as the weekend boozers who blow all their money on shit and cry that min wage isn't enough.
    Hahahaha

Dont even know where to begin with this ludicrous statement.

Do you have any concept about what is happening with the NHS at the moment or indeed the near furture?

The drain on resources by the baby boomer generation, increased immigration and the fact that by the time you are retirement age (assuming you are early/mid 20's) and people are living much longer that you will need significant capital resources behind you.

Its not to say that there will still not be a contribution from your NI payments but to be naive enough to think its all going to be done for you is incredibly and i mean incredibly short sighted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Won't work because of split runs and account bound achievements. Worked in WoTLK because stuff wasn't account bound back then, characters mattered.

Today its a different game. People are playing accounts rather than characters. There are no realm first achievements anymore. So characters don't matter. Attempt gating would mean simply throwing more characters at boss.
    It didn't even work in WotLK for the reason you mentioned, alts. Top guilds were just practicing and spending attempts on alts and when they knew they were close to a kill they would then log mains and kill it.

Blizzard can do a lot of things to make the race better and a much bigger attraction than what it is now, most of these things are already mentioned. The point is, any of these things requires an investment from their part, money. And it's pretty obvious they don't really care about investing in WoW anymore. I mean they don't even have PvE leaderboards and everyone's using wowprogress to track what's going on. The biggest investment they made in the past 4 years was twitter integration, that says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    IMO Serenity needs this win in order to function as a guild. You can't break off from a guild under the premise of them being shitters and then having that guild beat you three times in a row.
    They have definitely improved a lot, 10/10 is very likely unless something unexpected happens.
    Last edited by Poizo; 2017-01-30 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    It loses its fun.
    I'm no raider, but hasn't Legion been at an all time high with respect to bleeding edge raiders complaining that they have to do so much more content than before to stay at a competitive gear level?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlegolas View Post
    I'm no raider, but hasn't Legion been at an all time high with respect to bleeding edge raiders complaining that they have to do so much more content than before to stay at a competitive gear level?
    That's because stupid RNGforged and Mythic+, which forced mindless farming, something I would hate if I was a Mythic raider. Nobody wants RNGJesus as the 21st raider.
    Last edited by Poizo; 2017-01-30 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poizo View Post
    That's because stupid RNGforged and Mythic+, which forced mindless farming.
    Yeah, of course, but Blizzard isn't likely to remove such features, so the grind will continue for next tier regardless - my point being that raiders have expressed that it's less fun than before BECAUSE they have to put in much more time in preparation that they didn't before. A Tourney-realm would solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll be honest, I wouldn't know since I've never done it. It certainly makes sense the way you phrase it. A tournament realm would do nothing for these guilds and might even be bad for them. It would however open up the race for a ton of people who are just not interested in all this extra work. I cannot really say if that is a good thing or not. My main motivation would be that such an arrangement might remove some of the toxic behaviours from the live realms.
    This is a very good point. However, there are some things that can blizzard can do to encourage high-end raiding without having separate realms. For example, split runs are something that are not enjoyed by almost anyone in these guilds. The advantage of being able to gear almost all mains with four set and bis trinkets is too much of an advantage to simply ignore them. Gearing and maintaining 5 characters is an absurd time sink for these players and in my opinion Blizzard should find a way to do away with. Removing split runs from the game would do a large amount to bring more players in, and is something that would *probably *be well received within these guilds.
    Last edited by Jdance; 2017-01-30 at 11:01 AM.

Yeah, of course, but Blizzard isn't likely to remove such features, so the grind will continue for next tier regardless - my point being that raiders have expressed that it's less fun than before BECAUSE they have to put in much more time in preparation that they didn't before. A Tourney-realm would solve this.
    That would be a solution, but I hope they have learned from the Legion mistakes for next expansion, although profession legendaries in 7.2 looks like the opposite. Gear in Legion is chaotic.

If it was just one or two characters it wouldn't be a problem. These players are being forced to maintain 3, 4, sometimes 5 alts.

This is a very good point. However, there are some things that can blizzard can do to encourage high-end raiding without having separate realms. For example, split runs are something that are not enjoyed by almost anyone in these guilds. The advantage of being able to gear almost all mains with four set and bis trinkets is too much of an advantage to simply ignore them. Gearing and maintaining 5 characters is an absurd time sink for these players and in my opinion Blizzard should find a way to do away with. Removing split runs from the game would do a large amount to bring more players in, and is something that would*probably*be well received within these guilds.
    This is a good point, but would likely spark furore if X guild wins because of RNG luck with "the one" raid reset. Some kind of mechanism would have to be in play to ensure equal gearing with respect to game-changing trinkets, leggos and set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Any idea how you would remove split runs without horribly penalizing people who enjoy raiding with their alts?
    I mean most ideas I've heard would end up penalizing casual raiders and people who alt in some way
    I haven't put a ton of thought into it, but something I do miss is all content being available on day one of the expansion release. There would simply be no time to level and gear alts if you could zone directly into Emerald Nightmare as soon as you hit 110.*

This doesn't solve alts for the 2nd and 3rd tiers, and isn't something that even most players of top players agree with, but is something I like the thought of.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a good point, but would likely spark furore if X guild wins because of RNG luck with "the one" raid reset. Some kind of mechanism would have to be in play to ensure equal gearing with respect to game-changing trinkets, leggos and set bonuses.
    Yeah, that is definitely one of the downsides. It comes down to which evil you want to endure more.

Deleted
    If it was just one or two characters it wouldn't be a problem. These players are being forced to maintain 3, 4, sometimes 5 alts.
    Forced? By whom? No one is forcing them, they are forcing themselves and complain after that it's too demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Forced? By whom? No one is forcing them, they are forcing themselves and complain after that it's too demanding.
    I mean you're not wrong. They absolutely don't have to raid if they don't want to (and many burn out because they don't want to do it). With that being said, they don't play the game for the same reason that you probably do. They enjoy the competition and to take part in it means you have to do everything you can within the bounds of the game, which unfortunately means split runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    LOL
    Is your boss forcing you to do anything? No one is forcing, you can quit if you want, so you force yourself? Dat logic, man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Hahahaha

Dont even know where to begin with this ludicrous statement.

Do you have any concept about what is happening with the NHS at the moment or indeed the near furture?

The drain on resources by the baby boomer generation, increased immigration and the fact that by the time you are retirement age (assuming you are early/mid 20's) and people are living much longer that you will need significant capital resources behind you.

Its not to say that there will still not be a contribution from your NI payments but to be naive enough to think its all going to be done for you is incredibly and i mean incredibly short sighted.
    While I agree with your assessment of the situation... Your solution is to buy a house?

Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    While I agree with your assessment of the situation... Your solution is to buy a house?
    Not per say no but having an investment such as a house or perhaps hefty pension, stocks etc will make a significant contribution to your financial well being come later retirement age.

Just as an example how would one expect to pay for rented accommodation come the age where they are either retired or simply unable to work due to ill health or old age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    There should be limited attempts again like Lich King HC. It is getting stupid.
    "Oh, our main group is out of attempts, time to log alts."

"Oh, our 4th alt group is out of attempts, time to log our 5th alts"

Repeat until next reset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    LOL
    Is your boss forcing you to do anything? No one is forcing, you can quit if you want, so you force yourself? Dat logic, man.
    It's the term "forced" that bothers me, not the fact that they have to play a lot to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    LOL
    Idiots like this guy are what make these threads awesome.

Deleted
    We went from mythic Nighthold Progress, to how the youth is the reasonn behind america's recessment? Grow the hell up guys.

Besides, Fusion has been dumped down to their original position on wowprogress. And serenity is in a major lead.