Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I guess no one enjoyed the game before EVERYONE could get a legendary.
    i can honstly say that in all raids before mop given legendary as long questline they have always been nothing but the source of frustration for me - either way in form of having no chance to compete with classes who had them or by loosing players from guild who hold them either to pouching or to people quiting game - tbh this system that we have now or mop/wod one i would take anytime over old pre mop legendaries.

The difference between Vanilla and Legion legendaries is what makes people go jelly when a guildie get one now, instead of happy for the raid when 1 dropped back then.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Ok so Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian wasn't a quest to you? I'm sure we could bring up Thunderfury as well...They have ALWAYS been part of long quest lines, they didn't start in Ulduar you did.

Legendary items like everything else, Titles, Mounts, and even mount SPEED have lost relevance because people have this "I pay, In deserve to win" mentality. A majority of players in the old days didn't see raids at all, let alone top level gear save someone walking by them. It took longer to level, it took more effort to gear, and as such everything had more relevance.
    pedantic, you know what i meant, i meant long ass quest chains spanning months. legendarys pre Ulduar took drops to get and that was it, Thunderfury was 2 drops for a short, short, short quest. atiesh where drops. in a one quest chain.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Legendaries lost their "relevance" in tier 6 back in TBC, when they started dropping like any other item. Ever since, it's just a color.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    No that's why it lost prestige.
    The thing is they had about as much prestige as having a full set of the current tiers top tier gear. Since thats all legends were: proof you beat the raid.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Not again please.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    well, iirc the hand of ragnaros was down to a lot of RNG, first the eye of sulfuras, i think over maybe 50+ molten core raids i saw 1 or 2. then the ingots, also remember multiple weeks in a row where golmagg dropped 0. I only ever saw 1 binding from geddon and that was in a pug not long before tbc came along.

so today we have, utility legendaries and dps/hps increasing legendaries. getting any legendary be it bis or just a good stat stick+util, much better than grinding 1 raid for a year and not seeing them at all.

honestly if we went back to the old loot system and the old 'things never dropping' days, most ppl would cry. ppl think not getting a bis legendary takes to long today, haha, at least your guaranteed to eventually get one, the rng made that much less likely in the past. there were a lot of ppl who ended up going back to mc at 70 and farming their own ingots to finish their now obsolete legendary.

if you think one of your legendaries can increase your performance, they didn't really become irrelevant because you still want to use it, irrelevant would be old legendaries with shit ilvls. why? because the stats are too low to be useful today.

its the polarity I find funny, some ppl get their bis first or second time, other ppl only get utility, some ppl want things to be hard to get, other ppl want the best legendary first time. where is the middle ground? the middle ground is the content not being balanced around legendaries, so in the end it doesn't matter if you have to wait for the one you want because you can progress without it.

at the same time, we're nearly double the classic max level, we've killed countless iconic figures that were supposed to be extremely powerful, at what point in this 'story' would you expect our characters to not be scrubs anymore, the ability to get gear has become easier and easier, now were at the point in the story where we have been collecting artifacts to fight the legion, the legendaries are pretty much central to our success over the legion. it doesn't matter that they have become more common, thats the whole point of this part of the story. I think it emphasises the power required to defeat the legion.

gone are the days where bosses have less than 1 million hp, most of the boss encounters in nh are close to 2 billion hp, thats after a stat crush. ppl stuck in the past with rose tinted glasses glued to their face.
    Yeah, honestly if we went back to how Legends were in the past: super low drop rate, only for top end guilds. There would be a bitch fit of titanic proportions. " X guild only beat mythic because they have a DH with the twin wangs of Kil'jaeden!"

Imagine if the Tusks of Mannaroth shoulders were legends. Those were a very low drop rate, few people ever saw them let alone got them. You think people would have been ok with them being legends rather than just a neat looking model?

wITHUlduar, the mace was irrelevant when you hit ICC 10 men

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    100% correct. When everyone gets something it's no longer special.
    Everybody could always get Legendary items though... I got 2 Legendary items from TBC after 5 Sunwell runs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Except you did not even get your cloak until SoO. So much of that expansion was somewhat normal.
    You didn't get the cloak, but you got other items that you needed to have to be viable raider. And in the Siege of Org tier, not having the cloak put you in a really poor group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Agreed. Blizz built the game around an LFR legendary grind and dailies and stopped paying attention to heroic dungeons.
    Yes exactly. The worst thing about that expansion is what they attempted to do with 5 mans. Seems to me they aimed to remove them completely at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    One of the top expansions along with Wotlk, but it's trash cause lowbies got a chance at legendary..
    It was trash for a lot of reasons. I didn't care one bit that lowbies got legendaries. I didn't like that they used them to keep people subbed to a subpar expansion.

To me Mop was the worst because of scenarios and the attempt at replacing 5 mans with them. I wanted to quit that expansion because I hated it, but I knew if I wanted to down the raids I couldn't just walk away and come back for the next tier. I wouldn't have been able to get into a decent raid group if I did. Even the most casual raid groups want players with highly progressed characters.

That's just the way wow players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post

When this guy appeared to give freebie cloaks to everyone.
    They might have been giving them out to everybody, but that ended up making them more expected to have and at some point mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    wITHUlduar, the mace was irrelevant when you hit ICC 10 men
    The mace was pretty bad. Took so long to get that the short tier of Ulduar was over before many raids finished it and in many cases the weapon wasn't BIS for healers. This of the SWP bow that was BIS for some rogues and warriors, but not hunters was just poor design.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Cata is when legendaries started losing their prestige. You could pug for the staff and daggers were a legit joke to get. You only didn't see more because firelands was easier and out for longer. I remember doing random bgs and seeing more casters with that damn staff then without it. Shadowmourne and The mace were the last true legendaries, they actually required an organized group to complete the task objective. Also BC oranges werent imo very real legendaries since they were just random drops with no raid quest to obtain them. But at least they required you to clear very difficult content with a dedicated group.

Legion. Felt fine in every other expansion to me.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Around the time when your adolescent mind stopped being impressed by people in Ironforge, and instead focused on your own gameplay.
    Thread closed.

If you think having a legendary item on an epic mount makes people shit their pants and follow you around like Zezima, you're adolescent. Nobody cares on MMOs made up of mostly adults.

If you think you deserve prestige or bragging rights, go work towards it in the real world OP.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-01-31 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You didn't get the cloak, but you got other items that you needed to have to be viable raider. And in the Siege of Org tier, not having the cloak put you in a really poor group.

Yes exactly. The worst thing about that expansion is what they attempted to do with 5 mans. Seems to me they aimed to remove them completely at that point.

It was trash for a lot of reasons. I didn't care one bit that lowbies got legendaries. I didn't like that they used them to keep people subbed to a subpar expansion.

To me Mop was the worst because of scenarios and the attempt at replacing 5 mans with them. I wanted to quit that expansion because I hated it, but I knew if I wanted to down the raids I couldn't just walk away and come back for the next tier. I wouldn't have been able to get into a decent raid group if I did. Even the most casual raid groups want players with highly progressed characters.

That's just the way wow players are.
    I dont see how 5mans were any less relevant in MoP compared to Cata or WotLK. Why attribute something to MoP that happened years prior?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    stopped paying attention to heroic dungeons.
    That happened in Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    no i think it got bad when people could do a Questline to get them and farm it. it made it have a clear outlined goal, you would eventually get it, this happened since Ulduar, where you had to do a quest to get items to drop or do a quest from item drops.

before that they were random drops in raid that you had to get.
    they should go back to that thoery make them actuall legendarys not a FoTm you won the lotto here have this.
    100% agree with this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Mop was such trash. So much bad happened.
    MoP legendary system was trash.
    MoP was one of the best expansions made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I dont see how 5mans were any less relevant in MoP compared to Cata or WotLK. Why attribute something to MoP that happened years prior?
    MoP 5-mans were obsolete before the first tier. They didn't even last a full tier until 5.1 arrived. They were like.. tier 0.5 and then never touched again.

In WotLK and Cata, I remember running the launch dungeons even up to the point of the new dungeons being released.