Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sorry, pal, but if you're grey on all normal bosses and doing like ~270k on normal Tichondrius as a fury warrior then you need to git gud. 2 top legendaries would boost you for what? 320k dps? Still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Legendary system is bullshit and blizzard will NEVER use this again.
    I feel for you, because I have it the same way. On the 4 chars I play I only get utility legendaries.
    #FeelsBadMan
    Yes they will, if you don't like it, tough shit lol. I could see them maybe disabling them in raids but this idea is here to stay.

"if u're benched in normal you're terribad"?

What if a guild has 40 similar skilled players and only 30 can raid? What would your criteria be to select the 30?

How about doing some research and improving yourself. By your logs, its clear you have no idea what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I'd have to agree with this. The Legendaries only make up a small % of your DPS. People have it in their heads tha you'll go from a 400K player to a 600K player just from 2 Legendaries. Bad is bad. If your guild feels the need to sit a 400K player from Normal or Heroic, they're a bad guild too.
    If you think then then you and me are plying wrong game. After i got Oneth's intuition and IFE my dps jumped from average 450k ( im +M10-15 ) to 600k. Before that i had neck and chest. And in raid with proper talents for each boss it has gone up even more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I'd have to agree with this. The Legendaries only make up a small % of your DPS. People have it in their heads tha you'll go from a 400K player to a 600K player just from 2 Legendaries. Bad is bad. If your guild feels the need to sit a 400K player from Normal or Heroic, they're a bad guild too.
    I remember UH bracers + belt totalled around 12% DPS increase. That aint low man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "if u're benched in normal you're terribad"?

What if a guild has 40 similar skilled players and only 30 can raid? What would your criteria be to select the 30?
    for progression it would be to take the best setup and gear the people who get benched right after that. Idk how long people have been raiding, but benching some people now and then is necessary sometimes. No need to bench on normal or heroic though if people can actually play their char well. We even took 2 semi-geared players for the first 3 mythic bosses...but then krosus is a dps check and we had to bench them.

But the OP just needs to get into his char a bit more. Get into discord or read up guides, look at logs of other warriors and check what they do different...improve..and he should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    If you are getting benched for normal nighthold it's probably not because of your legendaries are bad but because you are a terrible player.
    You wouldn't last more than a couple of pulls in our Guild by being that RUDE. You'd get gkicked by multiple people trying to see who could be first to kick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    How about doing some research and improving yourself. By your logs, its clear you have no idea what you're doing.
    You wouldn't last long either. Based on what I see in these logs, you aren't very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    i assume theres more to it when you get benched from normal, i doubt the reason are ur legendaries
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You got benched because you're fucking awful, not because of a lack of good legendaries.
    You'd get kicked too... Holy fetch... These forums are full o Trolls and plain rude people.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    I remember UH bracers + belt totalled around 12% DPS increase. That aint low man
    12% of 400K is 48K. So like I said, it won't make you a 600K player because 448K =\= 600K

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    If you are getting benched for normal nighthold it's probably not because of your legendaries are bad but because you are a terrible player.
    If you think Normal anything shouldn't allow pretty much anyone in given it is flex size - then you overestimate the difficulty of Normal.

Having said that, I think your armoury and at least another post other than the first may assure us that you are genuine.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But if Blizzard will never use it again, what excuses will people have then for being benched? You mean....they will have to take responsibility for their sucking and cannot blame something else?
    That's the biggest problem with the legendary system: It's an easy scapegoat.

That's not to say nothing is wrong with it. There are definitely tweaks that can be made, and they obviously failed in their original intention that getting a legendary should be an amazing moment (at least if they wanted that moment to last longer than looking at the effect). But if you're failing at something, the absolute first thing you should be looking at is your own gameplay, not shuffling responsibility off onto your legendaries.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Gonna go with what everyone else said.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I have 2 non DPS legendaries, we cleared normal NH. I was not bottom of the meters but was in the bottom 25%.

Now lets be clear I was a touch undergeared compared to the raid but normally I can still keep up through play even if undergeared. But I have to admit it was very frustrating being held back by not having 2 good dps leggos.

Now I am falling behind more since I'll have to find a new group to run NH with since my 400k'ish dps isn't good enough for heroic with the current group.

Anyone else feel the frustration of getting non dps leggos? I'm sure it probably feels great to have the 2 best ones and beat everyone else though too.

I pull about 400k dps on my DH - I still feel like my dps is low. I have the 2 shittiest legendaries too (pvp ring and feet). Just look up your class, see if anything needs to be changed, then work from there. However, if you are pulling 400k dps in a normal / heroic run.. then wtf is your guild thinking? You can always improve.

If you see someone that is your same class, pulling more dps than you, go talk to them! Find out what they are doing, what spec they are using. I assure you, 2 legendaries isn't going to make that huge of a difference.

Did you ever happen to look over your logs? You were sub 300k on 7 of the 12 kills.

Then find a new guild !

I am Raid Leader, and since our Guild Master left, I usually take all the raid decisions with one co-officer.

We raid with 3 guildies that are always 200k dps behind the others raiders and more than often dead, but... that's it !

We talk to them, try to help them, ask them if they do their best, and as long as they'll answer "Yes, I do my best", we'll continue like this.

It gives us more challenge, but who doesn't love challenge in PVE ? We don't play for the other guilds, we play for ourselves, so our difficulty is set with them and that's all.
    Last edited by Yunyuns; 2017-01-31 at 04:44 PM.

This thread is a nice example of how skewed someone's perception can be on a topic where they feel treated in an unfair manner. From their perspective it must be the raid's fault or Blizzard's for not giving him the right legendarys. They also tend to whitewash their own behaviour/performance (400kish dps when never above 400k) in order to further prove what great injustice has happened to them.

Luckily in this case we have proof in form of logs showing that being benched might be reasonable and that OP should work on improving himself instead of blaming other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    You wouldn't last more than a couple of pulls in our Guild by being that RUDE. You'd get gkicked by multiple people trying to see who could be first to kick.

- - - Updated - - -

You wouldn't last long either. Based on what I see in these logs, you aren't very nice.
    No one cares how long they'd last in your guild. What does that have to do with the thread?

the fact i see A LOT of deaths on normal, i dont see you guys doing mythic anytime soon, so there is no real need to bench you. but with that being said if you have the mentality of its just your legendaries then maybe some time out of raid will make you rethink what you need to do to play better