Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Good job OP. You proved that people die from terrorism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Why stop there? Just imprison everyone that makes less than the median income, has had any sort of mental illness, or fails to look European.
    Well you just about eliminated 90% of MMO-Champion's Conservative posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    yah because we have this big problem of guns getting up on their own and going out shooting someone

blaming the gun is the same as blaming the folk for obesity. if we just ban forks people wont be obese
    If we only allow them access to broccoli and skinless chicken breasts, I bet the rate will drop pretty quick.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

knowing and understanding motives is used in prevention, apprehension, and conviction

- - - Updated - - -

that argument is the same as saying because wearing a seatbelt doesn't save all lives why are we forced to wear seatbelts
    It is called minimalizing the risk
    Because there is evidence that wearing seatbelts will minimize risk. There is no evidence that our vetting procedures are inadequate, other than Trump's grandstanding on the issue and the fearmongering among his base.

Furthermore, the rate of fatalities/serious injuries tied to not wearing a seatbelt is actually significant. Islamic terrorism in the US is not. Hence why I stand by what I said above; absolutist policies that go against what we as Americans stand for are stupid and counterproductive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Well you just about eliminated 90% of MMO-Champion's Conservative posters.
    And I feel safer already
    indignantgoat.com/

We know why most murders happen. Poverty, passion, psychopathy. We mostly don't use that knowledge for anything except profiling and conviction, and even for conviction, the 'why' isn't really important beyond establishing that there was a motive.
    It is also used in prevention
    sir why did you hold up that store
    because I needed money to buy illegal drugs
    so that motive can now be used in prevention by cracking down on illegal drugs and educating people not to get hooked

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Because there is evidence that wearing seatbelts will minimize risk. There is no evidence that our vetting procedures are inadequate, other than Trump's grandstanding on the issue and the fearmongering among his base.

Furthermore, the rate of fatalities/serious injuries tied to not wearing a seatbelt is actually significant. Islamic terrorism in the US is not. Hence why I stand by what I said above; absolutist policies that go against what we as Americans stand for are stupid and counterproductive.
    FBI Director Admits US Can’t Vet All Syrian Refugees For Terror Ties

FBI director James Comey said during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing on Wednesday that the federal government does not have the ability to conduct thorough background checks on all of the 10,000 Syrian refugees that the Obama administration says will be*allowed to come to the U.S.
    “We can only query against that which we have collected,” Comey said in response to a line of questioning from Mississippi Rep.*Bennie*Thompson.
    “And so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/21/fb...#ixzz4XTN7XJiJ

other in law enforcement and intelligence gathering has made very similar comments so dam right Trump has a good enough reason to halt it until it can be assessed and strengthened

any Terrorist attack that happens from here on out will be blamed on Trump even if the terrorist entered under Obamas vetting program
    I wouldn't either trust Obamas vetting program if I was going to be the one blamed if it failed
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2017-02-01 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forget that even 1 death is a death too many. Knock it off.

Well you just about eliminated 90% of MMO-Champion's Liberal posters.
    FTFY /10characters.

yah because we have this big problem of guns getting up on their own and going out shooting someone

blaming the gun is the same as blaming the folk for obesity. if we just ban forks people wont be obese
    But, banning and confiscating guns will prevent shootings, correct? Otherwise, the United States wouldn't be so hell bent on making sure Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon. Why can't Iran have it's "fork?" Why are we constantly trying to take every other country's forks away from them?

It appears that you are being a hypocrite. You have no problem taking away someone else's freedom, but don't seem as ready to give up your own.

The Trump administration doesn't work from analysis or facts. They work on a biased truth/feeling and agenda. basically whatever Trump thinks is reality, that is what then gets put forward. I'm still waiting for this big investigation to find the 3-5 million illegal voters.

Why stop there? Just imprison everyone that makes less than the median income, has had any sort of mental illness, or fails to look European.
    Heck, if we really want to protect people, imprison everyone. TRhe biggest danger to a human, is another human. we may as well incarcerate everyone on the planet in order to prevent it.

so that motive can now be used in prevention by cracking down on illegal drugs and educating people not to get hooked

- - - Updated - - -

FBI Director Admits US Can’t Vet All Syrian Refugees For Terror Ties

FBI director James Comey said during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing on Wednesday that the federal government does not have the ability to conduct thorough background checks on all of the 10,000 Syrian refugees that the Obama administration says will be*allowed to come to the U.S.
    “We can only query against that which we have collected,” Comey said in response to a line of questioning from Mississippi Rep.*Bennie*Thompson.
    “And so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/21/fb...#ixzz4XTN7XJiJ
    Well yes, the vetting process will never be 100% perfect...I'm not quite sure what Trump will do to fix that. And again, that still doesn't counter what I'm saying. That we should't have to compromise our values because SOMEONE could get through the cracks. That will ALWAYS be a possibility, no matter what Trump does. Besides, ALL of the terrorist attacks linked to Islamic extremism in the US were homegrown OR from countries not even on Trump/Obama's list.

I always love the logic, "this catagory of something is doing harm to people and it's not banned, therefore why try and fix this other problem and instead just let this other problem continue to harm people. I love disagreeing with the logical stance though because it came from a Republican."

Better yet, Obama did the exact same thing and got praised by the same people in this forum that frown when Trump does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    blaming the religion for people killing is the same level of stupidity.

blaming a bunch of nuts in a given country and placing that generalization on everyone from that country, is the same level of stupidity.
    not the religion but those that are teaching a radical extremist version of it that motivates those to go out and commit acts of terror
    guns don't get up and teach a radical extreme view of anything

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I always love the logic, "this catagory of something is doing harm to people and it's not banned, therefore why try and fix this other problem and instead just let this other problem continue to harm people. I love disagreeing with the logical stance though because it came from a Republican."

Better yet, Obama did the exact same thing and got praised by the same people in this forum that frown when Trump does it.
    Terror attacks are barely a thing in the US. I would consider them a non-issue frankly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, ALL of the terrorist attacks linked to Islamic extremism in the US were homegrown OR from countries not even on Trump/Obama's list.
    Hell the country was the #1 spot of actually killing American citizens via terrorism was praised by Trump. He likes those Saudis "Very much" because they buy apartments from him.

Basically what I gather out of this is Trump and his supporters are OK with American's being killed by actual terrorist countries but they're going to point at other ones just because.

Well yes, the vetting process will never be 100% perfect...I'm not quite sure what Trump will do to fix that. And again, that still doesn't counter what I'm saying. That we should't have to compromise our values because SOMEONE could get through the cracks. That will ALWAYS be a possibility, no matter what Trump does. Besides, ALL of the terrorist attacks linked to Islamic extremism in the US were homegrown OR from countries not even on Trump/Obama's list.
    maybe nothing, but he doesn't know, and he isn't going to take Obamas word on it when lives are at stake. lives he will be blamed for if they are murdered in a terrorist attack. it is why he wants to put a halt on refuges and those entering from those Obama administration designated terrorist risk countries till he is satisfied the vetting process is adequate enough for it to be an acceptable risk

Hell the country was the #1 spot of actually killing American citizens via terrorism was praised by Trump. He likes those Saudis "Very much" because they buy apartments from him.

Basically what I gather out of this is Trump and his supporters are OK with American's being killed by actual terrorist countries but they're going to point at other ones just because.
    I've given up hope that Trump supporters can even be reached at this point. The fact that they excuse literally everything Trump does is truly astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why we're in the shitter right now. People with no depth or desire to achieve understanding.

Why are you on illegal drugs?

- Because I don't have (mental health coverage, decent parents, a future, hope, ++++++++), and I cope with that by getting high.

Oh, so we should actually be trying to make sure people don't feel the need to use illegal drugs, rather than failed bullshit we've been doing for the last 30+ years?! That's downright unpresidented!
    indignantgoat.com/

maybe nothing, but he doesn't know and he isn't going to take Obamas word on it when lives are at stake lives he will be blamed for if they are murdered in a terrorist attack it is why he wants to but a halt on refuges and those entering from those Obama administration designated terrorist risk countries till he is satisfied the vetting process is adequate enough for it to be an acceptable risk
    Why would you trust Trump's judgement on these things to begin with? The man is an idiot.