Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This is Thal'dranath:

They didn't promised Thal'dranath, they even said when Legion was announced (yes, with Thal'dranath on the map) that is was a concept for the future. We learned about the night elven ruins plan when it was scrapped.

Thal'dranath was always a hand full of nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Which they didn't. They even did the opposite.
    Agree. The whole title of this thread is highly misleading.

To our knowledge Thal'Dranath was never cut. For it to be cut there had to be an intent for it to be there. For all we know, they played and conceptualized the idea, saw that it didn't work out, or found something better, which means that Thal'Dranath (as a concept) was scrapped, not cut.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Do NOT advertise and show us something if you're not absolutely 100% certain it's going to be in the final product.
    That's easy to say when you have never coded a program (or worked on a project really). Even if it is a small project there is a high risk that you won't deliver everything as expected OR in the middle of development you'll notice that idea X wasn't great (or possible) and you need to change it or scrap it altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Agree. The whole title of this thread is highly misleading.

To our knowledge Thal'Dranath was never cut. For it to be cut there had to be an intent for it to be there. For all we know, they played and conceptualized the idea, saw that it didn't work out, or found something better, which means that Thal'Dranath (as a concept) was scrapped, not cut.
    THIS. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    AND What am i not suprised by? You mean I can not recall If anything from TBC, so
    That's mainly because TBC was a compilation of scrapped vanilla content: Karazhan, Quel'Thalas, Blood Elfs , Caverns of Time, Mount Hyal, even Outland itself (in vanilla you could find an alpha version of Hellfire Peninsula in the south-western corner of the eastern kingdoms map).

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    That's easy to say when you have never coded a program (or worked on a project really). Even if it is a small project there is a high risk that you won't deliver everything as expected OR in the middle of development you'll notice that idea X wasn't great (or possible) and you need to change it or scrap it altogether.
    I think you guys are missing the point here. Blizzard has a track record of building up hype for WoW expansions with these kinds of pictures showing content, then later on saying "Sorry! Not gonna happen". Suddenly it's ok because they promise something else that's "cooler" than another set of elven ruins? That's not even implemented yet?

The point I was making that Blizzard(and other game companies) need to stop with the hype they can't, or won't, deliver on.

Deleted
    I think you guys are missing the point here. Blizzard has a track record of building up hype for WoW expansions with these kinds of pictures showing content, then later on saying "Sorry! Not gonna happen".
    Whoever gets hyped about a literal flat island with no detail and little to no story development and claims to be "disappointed" is a loser who projects their own stupidity rather than dealing with it.

Deleted
    I think you guys are missing the point here. Blizzard has a track record of building up hype for WoW expansions with these kinds of pictures showing content, then later on saying "Sorry! Not gonna happen". Suddenly it's ok because they promise something else that's "cooler" than another set of elven ruins? That's not even implemented yet?

The point I was making that Blizzard(and other game companies) need to stop with the hype they can't, or won't, deliver on.
    Expect that Thal'dranath was never showcased. Not even once.

They're probably right, there's enough elven stuff already. I don't give a fuck about Thal'Dranath, I only care about content, and they are providing content.

As long as we actually have stuff to play, whether it's on a shitty elf island or not is really not an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally all the hype for Thal'Dranath (the almost no hype) was built up by dataminers, because Blizzard never made a big deal of it at all and swiftly even deleted it from the datamined map data.
    They never promoted that island as a feature at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Whoever gets hyped about a literal flat island with no detail and little to no story development is a loser.
    Oh, so now it's the customer's fault? Get out of here with that.

Blizzard shows off a bunch of stuff, generates hype, speculation, and interest in the game. It gets players excited about what COULD be. Then later changes things around and says "sorry, nope! Changing conditions in development!" as though it's a get out of jail free card.

Sure, Thal'dranath is a relatively minor instance of this type of thing, but it's not the only time it's happened. It's common practice by game companies, and really is something that the community should be shitting on instead of defending.

Deleted

Blizzard shows off a bunch of stuff, generates hype, speculation, and interest in the game. It gets players excited about what COULD be. Then later changes things around and says "sorry, nope! Changing conditions in development!" as though it's a get out of jail free card.

Sure, Thal'dranath is a relatively minor instance of this type of thing, but it's not the only time it's happened. It's common practice by game companies, and really is something that the community should be shitting on instead of defending.
    Blizzard didn't show anything. Data miners did. Get off your high horse.

Deleted
    Argus is a bone desert, and the only remaining structure on the planet is KJs temple. You can't make a expansion about that

Coulda been used as the Tol Barad/WG for Legion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Blizzard didn't show anything. Data miners did. Get off your high horse.
    I was under the impression that it was announced during the 2015 Blizzcon panel about Legion zones. Is this not correct?

Deleted
    I was under the impression that it was announced during the 2015 Blizzcon panel about Legion zones. Is this not correct?
    And as everyone and their mothers have said in this thread (which I'm either assuming you didn't read or enjoy cherry picking arguments) that they said it was an early concept that was not fleshed out in any way, shape or form.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The much cooler idea they announced in place of Thal'dranath? was the first zone for the next expansion, and then it was re-marketed as "a much better idea" - but really what it was was streamlining and then "handling" YOU the community by spinning it to make is sound cool

"we thought it would be boring to do - yet another Elven ruins place" - no you didn't, you decided to cut it, so you could get the new expansion out faster, just like Ogre island in WoD. Now some would applaud the decision, but we are not plebs to be "handled" and manipulated like this is some politics show or courtroom jury.

- i don't like this level of sneakiness, be more open with us and bite the bullet. And you are cutting a lot of stuff - but it's your game and your decision. I don't like being "managed"
    It was never introduced as a feature of the game. It was one of the many "ifs" that go into developing an expansion and game.
    This is the main problem with datamining alpha or early beta maps, they are incomplete and make people entitled to things that weren't going to be.
    People asked what was Thal'dranath, they answered and told us what it was and why it was not chosen as a piece of content.
    We were never manipulated, it was you and people who think like you that convinced themselves and created expectations out of thing air.

Ok, Ravenmoon. Judging by seeing your posts, I can make assumptions on 3 things:

1. You act as if WOW is your life, and cry about something not being delivered (Which is every game ever).

2. You say that people have been "Managed" when you show no links to guide your back-up.

3. You seem salty right now, and you need to take a chill-pill.

Now, Allow me to clear out 3 things:

1. Blizzard NEVER promised Thal'dranath to be a "Fully Fledged" out thing. Infact, they told us not to hold promises, BECAUSE of the whole farahlon incident.

2. Thal'dranath is not COMPLETELY cut out from the game. Infact, it's the broken shore. So, in a sense, we DID get the Thal'dranath patch we were looking for. (As stated by the ToS Audio Drama).

3. Argus is NOT going to be its own expansion. Ion said it, there are too many hints about it being a patch already, we needed a third tier, and there are still Old Gods among us.

Quit Complaining, and quit acting superior to everyone. Thank you For Listening.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on the whole costumer BS argument, but, again, blizzard never promised Thal'dranth.

They Warned us that it MIGHT be a farahlon, and told us not to get our hopes up, but then said that MAYBE it will, and maybe they might not pull a farahlon again. HOWEVER, they did. But, they did warn us.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was on the map, but it was never fully announced like the other zones, just kind of mentioned as being there as something they were considering for patch content.

And as everyone and their mothers have said in this thread (which I'm either assuming you didn't read or enjoy cherry picking arguments) that they said it was an early concept that was not fleshed out in any way, shape or form.
    Yes, and that's exactly my point! They showed something to the customers in an effort to generate interest. Then didn't follow through. That's bullshit, even if only small bullshit. I'm not trying to make Thal'dranath to be some game breaking tragedy, but you need to recognize it for what it is: one small example of stuff that happens like that all the time. And the more you defend crap like this, the more game companies will do it.

Deleted
    Yes, and that's exactly my point! They showed something to the customers in an effort to generate interest. Then didn't follow through. That's bullshit, even if only small bullshit. I'm not trying to make Thal'dranath to be some game breaking tragedy, but you need to recognize it for what it is: one small example of stuff that happens like that all the time. And the more you defend crap like this, the more game companies will do it.
    Every single Blizzcon since the announcement of TBC has done this.

Also, it's not just game companies that do this. Every company that produces an entertainment product has early concepts that people other than the crew see. Movies, games, tv shows etc. It's a reality that you seem to have extreme difficulty accepting.

Quite frankly this seems less about pining over lost content and more about you having a poor grasp on how these processes work.

They didn't cut shit, they decided to do something else in the end leading to content for us all the same.

They change their minds all the time. As long as the end result is not less/no content, why the fuck should I whine? Give feedback? Sure, but I'm sure as hell not going to give them "feedback" demanding they return to and forge ahead with an idea that they themselves felt wasn't very good...

This discussion was already dealt with back in 2016 when people desperate to keep the bad rep Blizzard got for WoD running by screaming buzzwords like "CUT CONTENT"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-01 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    do not quote me out of context. if you're going to defend blizzard at least do so in response to my statements that are accusing them not applauding them
    I'm not quoting out of context. You said they promised something. They didn't. You could file that under all the other things that were cut that you didn't see, or just didn't pay attention to. It's called the development process.

I take it you don't read or follow all the announcements huh, the broken shore is labelled Thal'dranath, it's not like it's a replacement, but it sort of iis, blizzard make up the lroe as they go along, as is their right
    Source? Thaldranath was always the island separate from broken shore, and was at first going to be a quest zone/hub, and later it was 'a later patch' before being removed.

Early art is not irrelevant if they tell you this is palnned content, lets' not argue over the obvoius, blizzard said it was coming and changed their mind for something better - they were going to give you toy model car, but instead gave you remote control drone. it is a broken promise true, but it's replacement is miles better.
    It's not irrelevant, certainly. But that doesn't mean it's set in stone.

Just because they said it was coming (or at least had mentions of it) doesnt mean anything in the development process. Again, early looks at stuff in development isnt a promise. Its not set in stone.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Source? Thaldranath was always the island separate from broken shore, and was at first going to be a quest zone/hub, and later it was 'a later patch' before being removed.
    I sourced this earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    In THIS audio drama they mention that the Broken Shore IS Thal'Dranath, indicating either a retcon or the original idea was to have the Tomb be located there and the Broken shore just be an island where we fight the Legion.