This whole thread is comedy level action packed with insults and derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    Woah please calm down. There is no reason to get so worked up, like I stated earlier this is just a game. I try to show you kindness and you respond with insults. Why do you think people are always attacking you? Your first assumption is that I am mocking you when the truth couldn't be farther from that. Whether it's a lack of confidence or childhood trauma, a therapist would be of great help to you. I truly hope you seek the help that you desperately need. Best of luck to you kind sir. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Again with the same argument. Is this all you can say? Not only does this have nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but you also don't know anything about me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're incessantly trying to make a question which had absolutely no bearing on the stupid fucking EU vs. NA debate somehow be about EU vs. NA. I don't understand why you keep trying to use mental gymnastics to deflect a very obvious prejudice you have for EU guilds. The smug manner which you speak about EU guilds is further proof. And while you're perfectly entitled to have an opinion, you're kind of being a prick about it... and to accuse other people of perceived arrogance when you're the one instigating is even more petty.
    Looks like someone's upset. But don't worry, I'll back down - this is kind of getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Again with the same argument. Is this all you can say? Not only does this have nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but you also don't know anything about me.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like someone's upset. But don't worry, I'll back down - this is kind of getting out of hand.
    What argument? I'm not trying to argue with you. Why do you see conflict where none exists? Once again, PLEASE seek professional help before you do something RL that you will regret. All this anger isn't healthy. There's a reason why I'm ignoring what you are saying and it's simple: it's a game. The main concern here is your mental health. Discussing something as trivial as video games while your mental health is in jeopardy is cruel and pointless. I wish you all the best. There are people out there who can help you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    What argument? I'm not trying to argue with you. Why do you see conflict where none exists? Once again, PLEASE seek professional help before you do something RL that you will regret. All this anger isn't healthy. There's a reason why I'm ignoring what you are saying and it's simple: it's a game. The main concern here is your mental health. Discussing something as trivial as video games while your mental health is in jeopardy is cruel and pointless. I wish you all the best. There are people out there who can help you. Good luck.
    Your trolling is getting old, dude.

Deleted
    If the Speed Kill Rankings on wowprogress are somewhat solid than Method has the better strat/dps right now, talking about the reclear.
    The first week Serenity was on top on almost every single boss, but dropped down on the second week.

I know the times next to the rankings are bs but maybe the ranking itself is still reliable.

http://www.wowprogress.com/speed_kills

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noknoknokia View Post
    If the Speed Kill Rankings on wowprogress are somewhat solid than Method has the better strat/dps right now, talking about the reclear.
    The first week Serenity was on top on almost every single boss, but dropped down on the second week.

I know the times next to the rankings are bs but maybe the ranking itself is still reliable.

http://www.wowprogress.com/speed_kills

method is clearing faster than serenity because they got the cleaner strats.

Serenity bruteforces a boss until the stars align. (because they have top-level dps) This gave them an advantage in the race but made them some trouble on the reclears I suppose.

So many fanboys and haters in full swing again

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    method is clearing faster than serenity because they got the cleaner strats.

Serenity bruteforces a boss until the stars align. (because they have top-level dps) This gave them an advantage in the race but made them some trouble on the reclears I suppose.
    I think it was more of a comp/attendance issue, and rogue nerfs, that caused Serenity to have issues on their reclear.

Give it a few weeks and the standard Star Augur strat will be the one Serenity used. It'll be just like Cenarius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Febo View Post
    What does clearing heroic have to do with it in any way? It's like saying nobody should criticize a profressional athlete if they don't also play sport at that level.
    Which you shouldn't either because you have just as little clue. People doing it anyway doesn't make it any less stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think it was more of a comp/attendance issue, and rogue nerfs, that caused Serenity to have issues on their reclear.

Give it a few weeks and the standard Star Augur strat will be the one Serenity used. It'll be just like Cenarius.

You are probably rigth because in a few reclears the average item level will be much higher and they easily got the dps for the strat.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is some serious goal post moving going on here.
    Reminds me how people argued Paragon's Archi and Blackhand kills were 'cleaner'.

I kinda like the Method guys more for the streams/interviews I've seen, but that's just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-02 at 08:15 AM.

i thought it was them trying to clear with their guldan comp
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    There is some serious goal post moving going on here.
    Reminds me how people argued Paragon's Archi and Blackhand kills were 'cleaner'.

I kinda like the Method guys more for the streams/interviews I've seen, but that's just ridiculous.
    Yes, it's like judging how players score in a football match.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Imo you should be able to appreciate both. Yes the winner of a race is whoever comes first and that is easy to determine because it's evident. Yet it is also certainly a fact that the human mind appreciates elegance in design and that an elegant kill will be much easier to replicate than the fastest kill. Since the latter quality though is far more subjective, there cannot easily be a competition for the most elegant kill. Still that doesn't mean people should not be allowed to appreciate elegant strategies perfectly executed
    Not true.

If you have the output for a brute force strategy, then it is always easier to do than a strategy that relies on doing the mechanics correctly. There's no in between with brute force strats. You either have the numbers, or you don't. If you don't have the numbers, it's impossible. If you do have the numbers, then it's a guaranteed win if you don't fuck up to mechanics that you would have to do correctly anyway with a non brute force strat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    i thought it was them trying to clear with their guldan comp
    Sloot made a post on twitter bitching about people no showing with no notice.

I mean, that could always be misdirection, but taking his statement at face value, they had different people in because one or more people did not show up.

Deleted
    this is great entertainment lol

Today's the day Serenity! Let's do it!

That's just another proof of how fresh leadership deals with problems versus how experienced leadership deals with problems.

Serenity encounters the problem? Brute force it! Save all cooldowns for problematic phase, and then ignore mechanics and just nuke.

Method encounters the problem? Let's focus on the mechanics, attempt and learn, do everything perfectly and the boss will die.

Connecting it with data about previous bosses in this expansion, it is obvious that Method is just better at dealing with mechanically complicated bosses, such as Gul'dan. I say you this - even if Serenity wins this WF, it would be matter of hours if not minutes before Method, and only due to massive time advantage they have right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    That's just another proof of how fresh leadership deals with problems versus how experienced leadership deals with problems.

Serenity encounters the problem? Brute force it! Save all cooldowns for problematic phase, and then ignore mechanics and just nuke.

Method encounters the problem? Let's focus on the mechanics, attempt and learn, do everything perfectly and the boss will die.

Connecting it with data about previous bosses in this expansion, it is obvious that Method is just better at dealing with mechanically complicated bosses, such as Gul'dan. I say you this - even if Serenity wins this WF, it would be matter of hours if not minutes before Method, and only due to massive time advantage they have right now.
    So why Method like 12 hours behind on 8th boss and like 2 days behind on 9th boss? If they are better "mechanically" why are they not closer? This statement is just stupid, Kuznan is one of the best raid leaders in the game and was the raid leader that bought Method back to rank 1 after being beaten by Paragon in Highmaul race #Fact

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post

I think this is reaching quite a bit and not really connected.

Serenity killed Star Augur before they had attendance issues, so I don't think it makes logical sense to connect their Star Augur strategy to their attendance issues.

Furthermore, Serenity had the objectively better strat. Well, let me back up a bit here and make my position clear.

I think Method used the best strategy for them. Method had a lower ilvl and a weaker comp for Star Augur, so the zerg strat would have been impossible for them.

Serenity had the numbers, so it was absolutely the right call to take advantage of that and go with a strategy that was easier on the execution side of things.

The strategy Method used is worse because with an execution strat like that you need a magic attempt where no one fucks up. Method's kill looked super clean because it needed to be that clean or they would have wiped. Serenity's strategy was much better, but Method was NOT wrong to go with the strategy they did, because that is simply how the circumstances worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I miss Paragon - and their beautiful kill videos - these dudes and dudettes were classy!

Jhazrun solo healing Garrosh 10-man

very nice. They were the best pvpers in the world before they became paragon, Sejita was running the best 5v5 by far with 40-0 s1/s2 on his mage when he was in Knockout.