Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aybar View Post
    The USA is a free country, that also means you are free to reject any ideas even for bad reasons. If you break the law doing that there is jail, if you stay within the law; great more power to you.

Forcing people to comply at gunpoint is neither rule of law nor freedom. It's occupation and oppression. What I said is not as ironic as you think.
    It is ironic because first, this goes well beyond Berkeley. Second, the left is doing far more crowding-and-conquering of anyone who disagrees with their ideas than the right. (Mind you, I'm fairly center, slightly right leaning if anything, though to be fair.) I mean literally tons of government officials briefed to reject anything that comes down the pipelines from republicans just because it's from them, to the most blatant degree. Citizens across the US who won't even try to take any policy into consideration and marches every time Trump opens his mouth because it's not left Agenda. And the real sad part is, half of Trumps ideas (the extreme vetting, stronger boarder security, mass deportation) weren't just proposed, but actually done by Obama, and it was a non issue, in fact, I'm fairly sure half or more of these drones have no idea this is even the case.

It's becoming a childish game at this point. It's marked with a red pen, not a blue pen, so let's get into semantics and call it racist. It's only justified if we do it, type of attitude. It's all garbage. Hype right, deep left, they are both screwed and filled with ignorance.

And while on the subject of semantics, you can call it what ever you want, but what these crowds and left government are doing is exactly what you accused the right of doing originally, except, the left are actually being far more physically violent in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieshitposter View Post
    No idea mate, not my country.

However if I was part of the agitators side that even the media pointed out "were not part of the university" and were labeled exactly as agitators I'd certainly wouldn't want to be running around chucking a quick punch then running away since in the other states its a case of "If you believe you're under threat. Shoot" which I believe occurred at another protest not to long ago, I believe it was at a uni as well?
    Yes, I know that people feel the need to pack heat and shoot everytime they feel threatened. Which is all the time.

Since when did tolerant mean tolerant of hateful demagogues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Regardless, peaceful protests don't change things. Working together doesn't work. To get what you want you have to be as disruptive as possible, Republicans proved that over the last 8 years. I really have no problem with this situation.
    It only becomes a problem when they destroy your stuff right? hope they will burn your car or destroy the windows from your home soon so that you can wake up and see that its not oke to destroy things from others.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    It is ironic because first, this goes well beyond Berkeley. Second, the left is doing far more crowding-and-conquering of anyone who disagrees with their ideas than the right. (Mind you, I'm fairly center, slightly right leaning if anything, though to be fair.) I mean literally tons of government officials briefed to reject anything that comes down the pipelines from republicans just because it's from them, to the most blatant degree. Citizens across the US who won't even try to take any policy into consideration and marches every time Trump opens his mouth because it's not left Agenda. And the real sad part is, half of Trumps ideas (the extreme vetting, stronger boarder security, mass deportation) weren't just proposed, but actually done by Obama, and it was a non issue, in fact, I'm fairly sure half or more of these drones have no idea this is even the case.

It's becoming a childish game at this point. It's marked with a red pen, not a blue pen, so let's get into semantics and call it racist. It's only justified if we do it, type of attitude. It's all garbage. Hype right, deep left, they are both screwed and filled with ignorance.

And while on the subject of semantics, you can call it what ever you want, but what these crowds and left government are doing is exactly what you accused the right of doing originally, except, the left are actually being far more physically violent in the process.
    Didn't republicans just spend 8 years objecting to everything obama did including refusing to confirm his supreme court nominations? Like at one point they shout down the government rather than do their job. The right has no moral high ground, especially when it comes to good governance

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    yes Milo can rightfully by some be described as that but their is no law against being an asshat troll
    these rioting fascist thugs are breaking the law and they are more dangerous then Milo can be with his trolling
    I don't think so they are both equal in my eyes, anyone who doesn't think Milo does not absolutely love this is delusional. He loves when things like this happens because it grabs headlines and helps him sell more stuff. I am just dumbfounded that universities keep inviting him instead of genuine conservatives who can have substantive debates.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes, I know that people feel the need to pack heat and shoot everytime they feel threatened. Which is all the time.
    Perhaps for you (you're canadian?*old threads I think however I've had a few drinks* from what I know, so I'd understand that as a leaf you'd feel threatened even by the wind)
    Here in Aus land we don't feel the need to "pack heat" however we rarely if ever have these kinds of riots.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Since when did tolerant mean tolerant of hateful demagogues?
    Since people started using words that didn't fit just to justify their own bullshit actions and bolster their own self righteous egos. Does that sum it up pretty good?

For good measure, you should know Obama did mass deportation, wanted to increase border security, and even did a similar vetting ban for the same reasons. The part that escapes me is how Obama is a saint and Trump is the devil. Except, it doesn't escape me, actually... Mindless people read a mindless media that's ran very heavily by liberals without much center reporting and think they have some great enlightenment in what's happening in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieshitposter View Post
    Perhaps for you (you're canadian?*old threads I think however I've had a few drinks* from what I know, so I'd understand that as a leaf you'd feel threatened even by the wind)
    Here in Aus land we don't feel the need to "pack heat" however we rarely if ever have these kinds of riots.
    Yes, of course, between the Canadian who does not feel the need to have a gun and the American that boast to have 12 guns on his car and get ready to use them when the terrorists attack, one is clearly more afraid than the other, and it's likely the Canadian...

Deleted
    Well, isn't the rubber bullet invented for situations like this?

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Didn't republicans just spend 8 years objecting to everything obama did including refusing to confirm his supreme court nominations? Like at one point they shout down the government rather than do their job. The right has no moral high ground, especially when it comes to good governance
    The right have done very stupid things too, you bet. Hence why I make it very clear, I'm not Republican. A nation cannot be split into black and white. I'm just pointing out the irony in people saying Republicans are "my way or the highway". Both sides of the polar caps are doing the same crap, and the sad part is, people get hurt over it, and no one cares that both Obama and Trump have done pretty much the same things, but Trump is an icon for some garbage political movement mixed with massive amounts of word twisting and bad reporting.

But you're right, Republicans can be garbage too. But as far as I've seen, the Right wing PEOPLE (not the government), I've yet to see become as physically violent. And by physically I'm referring to actual property damage, attacking opposition with force. I remember a lot of republican big mouths who said they'd shoot someone if they tried to take their guns, but it I'm not aware that they actually went out and attacked Liberals physically for it as often. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    It only becomes a problem when they destroy your stuff right? hope they will burn your car or destroy the windows from your home soon so that you can wake up and see that its not oke to destroy things from others.
    Aww, do you need a safe space?

If destroying things is the only way to make change then it has to be done. Also I like how you're wishing that someone else's stuff gets destroyed but you're too much of a pussy to do it yourself. Can just sit back and hope someone else does it for you. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes, of course, between the Canadian who does not feel the need to have a gun and the American that boast to have 12 guns on his car and get ready to use them when the terrorists attack, one is clearly more afraid than the other, and it's likely the Canadian...
    The day of the rake sarah.

https://imgur.com/a/O6AfZ

But on topic, I feel one should be able to defend ones self depending on the countries atmosphere. America is gun pro resulting in a large distribution of fire arms, Americas political climate is resulting in physical hostilities therefore you should be able to protect yourself/family with whatever means.
    Last edited by Aussieshitposter; 2017-02-02 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    That's just a gross over-exaggeration. These blanket statements that paint every liberal with a broad brush are really idiotic.
    I do think MMOC-OT needs a chart on the front page that breaks down the groups. After watching Dave Rubin for a bit, I do like that he (as a liberal) breaks it down as "The Left", Liberals, Conservatives and "the Right" (or alt right). I'd like to not be grouped up with the far right nut jobs and I like to not lump my liberal buddies in with what's going on with the far left crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Milo is a pro-fascism troll who outs sexual minorities. Like or dislike the protests as you will, but don't pretend he's anything else.
    He's an antagonist, but when you get protestors shooting other protesters at UW after throwing rocks and paint balloons at bystanders, and now this situation, there is an issue. It's mean words vs physical violence. I think it's pretty obvious which is worse. It astonishes me how people are allowing Antifa to hijack their protests and turn them into a violent mess.

10+ Year Old Account

If destroying things is the only way to make change then it has to be done. Also I like how you're wishing that someone else's stuff gets destroyed but you're too much of a pussy to do it yourself. Can just sit back and hope someone else does it for you. Sad.
    Pray tell, what change needs to be made here?

Deleted

You want change? if those protesters are destroying my car they will get a change with me on the street hitting them with a baseball bat.
    But anyways the only change this is doing to turn everybody that has destroyed stuff to become a Trump supporter.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-02-02 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    You want change? if those protesters are destroying my car they will get a change with me on the street killing them with a baseball bat.
    But anyways the only change this is doing to turn everybody that has destroyed stuff to become a Trump supporter.
    Oh, so you value a car that's likely worth around $10000 at best to be more than a human life. You're truly an incredible individual, I wish I could be more like you and happily kill people because they broke something. Seems good.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Since people started using words that didn't fit just to justify their own bullshit actions and bolster their own self righteous egos. Does that sum it up pretty good?

For good measure, you should know Obama did mass deportation, wanted to increase border security, and even did a similar vetting ban for the same reasons. The part that escapes me is how Obama is a saint and Trump is the devil. Except, it doesn't escape me, actually... Mindless people read a mindless media that's ran very heavily by liberals without much center reporting and think they have some great enlightenment in what's happening in the world.
    What does obama have to do with what I said?

Deleted
    Oh, so you value a car that's likely worth around $10000 at best to be more than a human life. You're truly an incredible individual, I wish I could be more like you and happily kill people because they broke something. Seems good.
    It was a type correct it was suppose to be hitting (not killing)