Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Pick pretty much any thread in Gen-OT. The most recent one I can recall right now was some sensationalized story about some "leaked" EO to legalize discrimination against the LGBTQ community (of which I am a part) and women.

Look, I am terrified of the Trump presidency, but why shit bricks about "leaked" and "unverified" news (like the EO and the Russian investigation)? What good does it do? It only saturates the public with sensationalized news and desensitizes us against the actual, impending terrifying news to come.
    Out of curiosity, how exactly do you tell when someone is "shitting bricks" over the internet?

Am I correct in understanding that we're taking Howard Stern seriously now? Are we also taking Alex Jones seriously now too?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that we're taking Howard Stern seriously now? Are we also taking Alex Jones seriously now too?

Care to explain why he wouldn't have an idea on what would bother a friend of his?

Would you not know things that upset your friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    The media reports it, and you know full-well that the average reader doesn't process the word "leak" or "unconfirmed." That you are capable of doing so is fantastic, but many are indeed not. They run with those stories to get clicks and traffic and obscure actual, important news.

I've gone way off-topic. Good night all. Apologies >.>
    No apologies required. I feel the same.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Out of curiosity, how exactly do you tell when someone is "shitting bricks" over the internet?
    Hm, a good question. If you turn the volume of your earphones up to maximum and listen very closely as you read someone's post, you can sometimes hear slight tinkling and cracking noises in the background. If you do, a brick has just fallen. No lies, try it.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Well, gee, if only there were some way Trump could have come across as less antagonistic toward so many people's existences and morals he might be popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, a good question. If you turn the volume of your earphones up to maximum and listen very closely as you read someone's post, you can sometimes hear slight tinkling and cracking noises in the background. If you do, a brick has just fallen. No lies, try it.
    Sooo wing it basically?

Trump is a liar and plays politics, so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't believe in half of the stuff he says. That doesn't matter though, he'll still do things he doesn't really believe in if it means attention and love from people. It's all about him.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Sooo wing it basically?
    I'm too tired to make proper jokes, sorry lol. In actuality, I guess I just try to read into what people say, the vehemence with which they say it, and the general direction of the thread that the post resides in. People are afraid right now, there's no denying that. I just think we should take a step back from time-to-time and evaluate. If we panic and jump on every new feed that pops up in the news to scream doomsday, we aren't doing much for ourselves either individually or as a group.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm too tired to make proper jokes, sorry lol. In actuality, I guess I just try to read into what people say, the vehemence with which they say it, and the general direction of the thread that the post resides in. People are afraid right now, there's no denying that. I just think we should take a step back from time-to-time and evaluate. If we panic and jump on every new feed that pops up in the news to scream doomsday, we aren't doing much for ourselves either individually or as a group.
    Ah I gotcha, that makes sense. Not sure I really agree about reading into other people's emotions over the internet but at least you aren't just guessing. I fear a lot of people do.

I don't know who wouldn't have their mental health negatively affected by being President to be honest...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'd be laughing more at seeing this greedy, smirking asshole, suffering a mental breakdown from the pressure of his role, but honestly, any joy I'd get out of that is marred by the fact this guys got his finger on nuclear launch codes now, and having someone who's mental stability could just get worst with that kind of power is unsettling.

Your country really needs better screening for your candidates.
    You people just say things, regardless of if they're founded in logic, or even sound reasoning. POTUS can't just walk over and type in a code and BOOM nukes. He literally couldn't even order a drone strike on his own.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if he does have mental health issues after this or during, if he doesn't have them already.

After this campaign, and the start of this term, it's clear that people out and out hate the man. And clearly, even if he survives for the 4yrs, unless something crazy happens and this gets better, his life has forever changed for the worse.

He won't be welcomed in open arms in Hollywood after this, business deals might not go his way because people just won't want to make deals with him. He'll likely be a pariah after this is all said and done.

Maybe not too different than Hillary, she's becomes a non-entity after this election.

It'll be the same for Donald after this.

Its sucks that politics has to be this way. But hopefully, after this is all said and done, we'll get candidates that are actually worthy of the office. I think the only one that came away clean was Bernie. And he's continually showing that he is worthy and deserves to be in the Oval Office.

I was thinking the same thing for weeks, actually. He's spent his life showboating, that's what he likes best, and he is like a bear with a thorn in his paw whenever he gets any negative feedback. Cannot let it go. This job is actually going to destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Line Of Succession:

Trump > Pence > Paul Ryan > Orrin Hatch > Rex Tillerson

Even if Trump died, would you really be happy?
    I really hope he doesn't, Trump is like a source of infinite ammunition for the left. I haven't seen them this energised for decades. Not even versus Bush.

Trump is a living breathing indictment of the state of right wing politics in the US. Nothing is hidden, because he's either too stupid to hide it or has antagonised so many people that it leaks anyway.

Every moment he's in power the Republican Party is taking damage that will take years to undo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Care to explain why he wouldn't have an idea on what would bother a friend of his?

Would you not know things that upset your friends?
    Are they really friends? I feel like Howard Stern might be overstating their friendship.

You mean he can get worse than being a megalomaniacal man baby that threatens anyone who dares disagree with him?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if he does have mental health issues after this or during, if he doesn't have them already.

After this campaign, and the start of this term, it's clear that people out and out hate the man. And clearly, even if he survives for the 4yrs, unless something crazy happens and this gets better, his life has forever changed for the worse.

He won't be welcomed in open arms in Hollywood after this, business deals might not go his way because people just won't want to make deals with him. He'll likely be a pariah after this is all said and done.

Maybe not too different than Hillary, she's becomes a non-entity after this election.

It'll be the same for Donald after this.

Its sucks that politics has to be this way. But hopefully, after this is all said and done, we'll get candidates that are actually worthy of the office. I think the only one that came away clean was Bernie. And he's continually showing that he is worthy and deserves to be in the Oval Office.
    Tell you this much I myself would not want to be a politician even if someone paid me all the money in the world I would not want too.. If I had to guess the other reason people hate trump so much is that their precious Hillary lost and they just can't stand that thought..

Yes Trump may not be the right person but he is doing somethings that secretly people really want to happen but will not admit it if asked and that previous presidents just tiptoed around..

Will be a case of wait and see at this point the funny thing in all this is I think that more tyrannical dictators have had a more adoring public than what Trump has at the moment..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I was thinking the same thing for weeks, actually. He's spent his life showboating, that's what he likes best, and he is like a bear with a thorn in his paw whenever he gets any negative feedback. Cannot let it go. This job is actually going to destroy him.

I really hope he doesn't, Trump is like a source of infinite ammunition for the left. I haven't seen them this energised for decades. Not even versus Bush.

Trump is a living breathing indictment of the state of right wing politics in the US. Nothing is hidden, because he's either too stupid to hide it or has antagonised so many people that it leaks anyway.

Every moment he's in power the Republican Party is taking damage that will take years to undo.
    The thing you have to ask yourself is this why did the bulk of the US public vote him in, if you can work that out then you will know why.. One last thing those that are complaining about Trump, and who did not vote in that election then they really have no right to complain about the outcome since they could not be assed to get out there and vote..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The thing you have to ask yourself is this why did the bulk of the US public vote him in, if you can work that out then you will know why.. One last thing those that are complaining about Trump, and who did not vote in that election then they really have no right to complain about the outcome since they could not be assed to get out there and vote..
    If by "bulk" you mean "majority", Trump didn't have it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Well given how easily Trump can work himself up into a lather over things I quite frankly believe this to be quite true. It's stressful enough in those roles without getting worked up over things at the age of 70.

The question for me is, what will come first the aneurysm, heart attack or stroke?

Doesn't matter what any of those doctors say. All they are doing is making assumptions. Until trump shows up in their office and submits to a true mental evaluation, their diagnosis is nothing but biased garbage.