Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizz ban again really?

So awhile ago i got banned for botting, yes i admit it and don't try to cover it up. Used it to farm ore n herbs. Banned for 6 months, I deserved it.

So I hop back on after my 6 months and within an hour, banned again. I was literally just in Dalaran and looking through the dungeon journal, so I was like wtf?

Well i inquired with blizz....

They said the first ban only caught times A through B....upon logging on they found times X through Z.

I'm not arguing that i should not have gotten banned for botting, but this seems a lot like double jeopardy to me. I was already punished for botting, why am i being punished again for this?

If you bot for an entire year or one day the ban is 6 months regardless. I botted for a month, took a break for a couple months then did it again. I deleted the program and haven't thought about it since my initial ban back in WoD.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    time to buy a new account from the sounds.

Deleted
    oh boy people here hate botting hell itself is coming in the comment
    i got banned also for my namei had DonaldTrump name on 2 char and changed on one of them only after i got the notice so was inposibel to change on second without buyng name change
    Last edited by mmoc5013515e38; 2017-02-05 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Should've been permanent from the start, good thing Blizzard saw the error themselves

Altough i've never botted, never even tought about doing it myself. Isn't the first rule of botting: Don't bot on a account you are not willing to loose?

I've known some ppl that botted over the years but they all had one or more "trash" account running for it, none of them ever risked botting on their main account where their geared characters were on.

Shouldn't have botted mate deserved 100%.

IMO blizz should just insta permban everyone that bots, I don't understand why they are not doing that.

Nothing of value was lost.

Why do you post that here? Do you expect some sympathy or something?

Deleted
    People who bot should be perma banned.
    Happy OP got another slap to the face for doing it.
    However it is a bit silly to get banned so short after being unbanned- for the same crime.
    I never trust a botter - one time a botter always a botter.

10+ Year Old Account
    you broke the rules. why even cry here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    oh boy people here hate botting hell itself is coming in the comment
    i got banned also for my namei had DonaldTrump name on 2 char and changed on one of them only after i got the notice so was inposibel to change on second without buyng name change
    This makes me more happy then the OP being banned for botting.

What I don't understand is Blizzard's banning policy.

Player kick bots in rated pvp/player bots professions (weakening the economy) => 6 month suspension.
    Streamer asks permission to try another player's character because he didn't have said class at max level => permaban.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Shouldn't have botted mate deserved 100%.

IMO blizz should just insta permban everyone that bots, I don't understand why they are not doing that.
    the idea is that if you permaban a cheater, he will just buy a new account and continue cheating.

but if you temp ban them, they may consider they don't want to loose their account afterall and redeem themselves.

a permaban feels permanent psychlogically, a temp ban, even 6 months, doesn't, so you feel more attached still. apparently it works.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, make a post about it on the last place on earth where you'll find even a shred of support. That should be helpful.

Botters or cheaters will never find sympathy or understanding on the official/fan forums.

If you want to talk about such dirty things then consider going to forums built around such tools.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Isn't the first rule of botting: Don't bot on a account you are not willing to loose?
    Yup. On the Honorbuddy forums it explicitly says you will get caught eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    So awhile ago i got banned for botting, yes i admit it and don't try to cover it up. Used it to farm ore n herbs. Banned for 6 months, I deserved it.

So I hop back on after my 6 months and within an hour, banned again. I was literally just in Dalaran and looking through the dungeon journal, so I was like wtf?

Well i inquired with blizz....

They said the first ban only caught times A through B....upon logging on they found times X through Z.

I'm not arguing that i should not have gotten banned for botting, but this seems a lot like double jeopardy to me. I was already punished for botting, why am i being punished again for this?

If you bot for an entire year or one day the ban is 6 months regardless. I botted for a month, took a break for a couple months then did it again. I deleted the program and haven't thought about it since my initial ban back in WoD.
    You most likely still had files/program you used for botting on your computer (yes, OP said he removed the program, but that isn't always enough). That can get you banned too, if you've already used it before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I love all the people that condemn botting, but they'd be the first ones to cry if botting didn't exist because everything would be so expensive. Botting is a necessary evil in this game.

Though getting banned for botting right after you're unbanned does suck, what do you expect? Blizzard is never consistent with their punishments and as long as you aren't making them money with your cheating, aka buying new accounts to transfer characters to share, you'll get banned. Blizzard aren't getting their piece of the pie from you, so you're expendable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I murdered two people but they didn't find out about the 2nd one until after I'd served time for the 1st. I was already in prison for murder... why should I have to go back?

You are actually a hero - Botting is a perfectly valid way to protest against Blizzard's abandonment of professions as a competitive form of content. Hold your head high.