Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You don´t make any sense, like no sense at all.

Everyone is doing bad things, so let´s not look at russia as the boogeyman and keep doing bad things instead. Denounce friendships and piss of allies, sure will make the world more stable and peaceful. o_O
    Why does not denouncing someone suddenly denounces existing friendship and alliances? Is it "Bully Club" where Western nations unite to denounce everyone else?

Humans can compartmentalize everything, "He can be trusted with this and cannot be trusted with that.", repressions against journalists don't stop you from using Turkey as ally (and a few deaths there could probably spun as "Erdogan killings" too by those against him), and how Putin deals with opposition in Russia shouldn't stop you from creating deal that includes Russia into process of solving Middle Eastern crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Do you happen to be new in MMOC? Only way I am able to understand your first reasoning to be actually true

On topic: Shitty move from a president of said country. However, let us not pretend if he had said the opposite that people, who normally are against him, wouldn't be accusing him of not pointing the bad the USA also does.
    Considering the whole thing was on the O'reily factor and he is a republican, it would not even be a scandal.

Yeah, russia should be the first pick when fighting terrorism, not the countries that suround the area that houses all those terrorists, nope. Let´s pick the country that invaded and occupied parts of Ukraine.
    Well, have you ever compared Russian capabilities and those of "surrounding countries"?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-02-05 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Liberals have to stand opposite of Trump.

Trump says critical comment of America.

Liberals are more patriotic all of a sudden!
    sounds about right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Why does not denouncing someone suddenly denounces existing friendship and alliances? Is it "Bully Club" where Western nations unite to denounce everyone else?

Humans can compartmentalize everything, "He can be trusted with this and cannot be trusted with that.", repressions against journalists don't stop you from using Turkey as ally (and a few deaths there could probably spun as "Erdogan killings" too by those against him), and how Putin deals with opposition in Russia shouldn't stop you from creating deal that includes Russia into process of solving Middle Eastern crisis.
    I am talking about what he says and what he does. What is it worth that he says "the US did shady things too" while doing exactly those shady things? The answer about a russian ally and denouncing friendships and allies was in response to the poster who said this is a positive move because it does away with the russian boogeyman and might bring peace and stability to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Considering the whole thing was on the O'reily factor and he is a republican, it would not even be a scandal.
    It wouldn't be there, but it would once it would come out.

So I am not too particularly phased by the complaining coming from people that don't like Trump, they'd criticize it for either reason.

But critiques from the "America First"-crowd, yes, I find them to be completely viable. Not because of what he said is false, but because I don't think the president of any country should be throwing the country under the bus - for someone else of a different country.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Well, you think our country is so innocent?”

Uh oh right-wingers, your inbred turnip god-king is turning on you!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, have you ever compared Russian capabilities and those "surrounding countries"?
    As a whole, or country by country?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Now you are trying to put words into my mouth. He has authority over where they strike, that is a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing wrong with questioning the actions of your own government. That's not what he was doing. He was trying to defend the actions of a murderer, by calling out his own country. Now, if he wants to condemn both, great... but he didn't do that.
    In such case I really hope that there's the same kind of condemnation reserved in your mind for US, because they too did a lot of "accidental" bombings, killing many civillians.

He wasn't protecting actions of "murderer" ffs, and besides, don't you think that there's enough of condemning Russia on mainstream media, so he didn't need to condemn them?? But at the same time there's this notion that what America does is alright, if they bomb the wrong guys, well, "mistakes happen" they will say(and give no apologies even), but there is no condemnation of the act on the scale that would have happened if Russia accidentaly bombed something.

So you gotta be honest - Russia is being shittalked everywhere on mainstream media, and Trump simply won't stand for it, because he knows this idiotic cold-war thinking belongs in history books of previous decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    “Well, you think our country is so innocent?”

Uh oh right-wingers, your inbred turnip god-king is turning on you!
    I think only left-wingers try to remain appearing squeaky clean all the time, right-wingers generally go with whatever works toward their goals even if not 100% morally right (though they would not pass opportunity to whitewash when given a chance).

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's a lot of political opponents who have found themselves very dead.
    I hope you can name at least one.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

As a whole, or country by country?
    Should be ahead even as a whole.

Dealing with single entity when trying to get things done is generally easier then trying to juggle multiple smaller interests working against each other, as it happens in Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    In such case I really hope that there's the same kind of condemnation reserved in your mind for US, because they too did a lot of "accidental" bombings, killing many civillians.

He wasn't protecting actions of "murderer" ffs, and besides, don't you think that there's enough of condemning Russia on mainstream media, so he didn't need to condemn them?? But at the same time there's this notion that what America does is alright, if they bomb the wrong guys, well, "mistakes happen" they will say(and give no apologies even), but there is no condemnation of the act on the scale that would have happened if Russia accidentaly bombed something.

So you gotta be honest - Russia is being shittalked everywhere on mainstream media, and Trump simply won't stand for it, because he knows this idiotic cold-war thinking belongs in history books of previous decades.
    I have no problem condemning the actions of my country, and I do it quite often. I like to be logically consistent. Personally, I think indiscriminately bombing women and children is a bad thing, regardless of the country or people doing it.

Russia is being shit talked, because they are doing some pretty shitty things. Not only are they trying to ostracize gay people in their country, but their bombing campaign in Syria is fucking terrible. Their leader has been in power for nearly two decades, and they continuously try to censor the media and restrict free speech. There's also the sudden fates that befall many of those who speak out against Putin. Now, Russia is not the only authoritarian regime, but they are one of the biggest.

Trump was straight up trying to defend his support for Putin. His defense was basically saying that lots of people are bad, so it's fine to admire him. That sets a pretty fucking low bar for what is deemed admirable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    It's still way more credible than CNN mind you
    No, it isnt. There is the truth and there are lies.

And no alternative truths.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    You know, the Right's known for calling out their own as cucks, and how they truely believe the Left wants the US to get cucked by Muslim immigrants.

But they seem to have no problem watching their Overlord get down on his knees and suckle on that sweet Putin juice.

Projection at it's finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Reason why I voted for Trump is because he reminded me of the "America's not the greatest country anymore" speech from The Newsroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If Obama said something like this Trump supporters would be losing their mind talking about how he isn't a real American.
    and the Obama supporters would be defending it.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

15+ Year Old Account
    Should be ahead even as a whole.

Dealing with single entity when trying to get things done is generally easier then trying to juggle multiple smaller interests working against each other, as it happens in Middle East.
    Considering Pakistan has about half of Russias military strength (going by military strength index), i doubt the region as a whole is behind Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It wouldn't be there, but it would once it would come out.

So I am not too particularly phased by the complaining coming from people that don't like Trump, they'd criticize it for either reason.

But critiques from the "America First"-crowd, yes, I find them to be completely viable. Not because of what he said is false, but because I don't think the president of any country should be throwing the country under the bus - for someone else of a different country.
    Agreed, but you should also consider the state that US has been put to under Obama. You cant even hope for the help of your allies with position. There is only one way to show that you're not all selfconcerned anymore, willing to solve problems together and take others' interests into consideration.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Somehow Navalny being convicted in your seconds article didn't stop him from trying to go for President next time around... so much for intimidation.

His case was even sent to re-trial after his appeal to European courts succeeded and Russian courts actually listened...