Thread: Devos Confirmed

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I really would like to know if anyone, right, left, moderate, democrat, republican, anyone have anything positive to say about this?

I just can't think of anything DeVos has said that thinks she was anyway kind of fit for this job.

Not a fan of a lot of Trump's picks but this one, this one just takes the cake, at least with the others I could find some positive angle, admittedly a few more than others, but I got nothing here.
    Someone is FINALLY standing up to those grizzly bears infesting our public school system!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, it's one thing when you've got ethical concerns about someone like Tillerson, or ideological differences in what appropriate policy might be for a certain sector, but Devos is just grossly ignorant about basic fucking concepts in educational theory. She doesn't have the qualifications to head up her local PTA, let alone be Secretary of fucking Education.

The nice thing is that whatever person replaces this "so-called" President will probably go down in history as a great man thanks to all the things he's going to be able to fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You know, it's one thing when you've got ethical concerns about someone like Tillerson, or ideological differences in what appropriate policy might be for a certain sector, but Devos is just grossly ignorant about basic fucking concepts in educational theory. She doesn't have the qualifications to head up her local PTA, let alone be Secretary of fucking Education.
    Yeah, but she gave millions to Trump's campaign, so I'm sure she's totally qualified

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    The nice thing is that whatever person replaces this "so-called" President will probably go down in history as a great man thanks to all the things he's going to be able to fix.
    Assuming we can survive another cycle of "GOP fucks everything to hell and Democrats spend all their time fixing it"

Teachers unions hate her, I'm glad to see that she'll get a chance at the job.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I now think I understand " make America great again." Today is now the greatest day in the countries future. This will be true each day as things get worse day by day.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Supporting someone based entirely on who dislikes them is reactionary dumbshittery.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more H1B visas, no more schools, no more imports... so now what?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2017/...tion-secretary

Really was looking for someone to stop this from happening.
    You might want to put in the OP, that the vice president had to break the 50 50 tie, by casting his vote in favor of devos. Something that is unprecedented in history.
    Last edited by Baneth; 2017-02-07 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No more H1B visas, no more schools, no more imports... so now what?
    More coal jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You must hate the future generations. Might as well give a monkey the job and make bets who screws up less. This is not about giving people a chance, it's about not taking the worst candidate imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I'm embarrassed to be American.
    Canada seems to have an open door policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Easier to control people when they are ignorant. Devos will put more money into religious schools that think science came from the Devil.

Thankfully these intellectuals in office will only be in power for at max 8 years, they cannot damage the system much... hopefully the democrats will stall as much as possible any programs she tries to implement.
    She is a huge advocate for charater and for profit schools. Oddly her state has on of the worst education sysyems and failure rates for charter schools. Trump just wants everything run as a company. The problem with this in education when things fail childrens lives are ruined. There is no bankruptcy to bail the kids out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, but she gave millions to Trump's campaign, so I'm sure she's totally qualified
    Like, I can handle if they answer a question differently than I would prefer, on a major policy concept. When you don't understand the fucking question, that should be an easy bipartisan "hell fucking no".

Every single person who supported this is a spineless partisan coward, who doesn't care about good policy and just cares about supporting "the team". A political party should be about a collection of ideologues who agree on principles, not a fucking sports team that has to blindly support each other no matter how fucking stupid their colleagues' choices are.

Choices like Tillerson I might dislike, but I don't think the man's incompetent, I just think he's too close to private interests that have global reach, which biases his outlook in his role. Devos is straight-up not capable. Her answers in her interviews were like a candidate for Secretary of Defense asking what "drones" are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Supporting someone based entirely on who dislikes them is reactionary dumbshittery.
    Its Hubcap, his critical thinking skills are about as good as his drawing skills.

You're better off ignoring any of his posts, none of them make sense.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-02-08 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Canada seems to have an open door policy.
    Having a relative who immigrated to Canada, I can say that they do not. It's very hard to get in. You have to have a skill set that they feel they need.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    You might want to put the fact that the Vice president had to break the 50 50 tie. Something that is unprecedented in history.
    Not a bad point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like, I can handle if they answer a question differently than I would prefer, on a major policy concept. When you don't understand the fucking question, that should be an easy bipartisan "hell fucking no".

Every single person who supported this is a spineless partisan coward, who doesn't care about good policy and just cares about supporting "the team". A political party should be about a collection of ideologues who agree on principles, not a fucking sports team that has to blindly support each other no matter how fucking stupid their colleagues' choices are.

Choices like Tillerson I might dislike, but I don't think the man's incompetent, I just think he's too close to private interests that have global reach, which biases his outlook in his role. Devos is straight-up not capable. Her answers in her interviews were like a candidate for Secretary of Defense asking what "drones" are.
    Welcome to American politics, where partisan lines guide you to what you should think, and independent thought is frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    You might want to put the fact that the Vice president had to break the 50 50 tie. Something that is unprecedented in history.
    Gotta give it to him, the no brakes rhetoric is impressive, too bad the tunnel isn't painted yet.