Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pestivator View Post
    giving everyone BIS does not solve that problem, wtf... another 5-10% would put as on par, that's it. it's 80k difference from top parse krosus 850k to first mage ( frost - 750k) dps ... fire is another 70k behind. so that's 680k vs. 850k. so that 10% might solve some issues here but... make the math on your own ... 650+65 this is still 125k behind... so really WTF are they calculating???

With current tier set and changes firemage does not anymore feel fluent and reactive as it was before. not sure how it feels like a frost or arcane, I try arcane sometimes but it does not anymore feel like it was in all expansions before, I liked the manage management to keep around 80% current expansion it's just not the same class for me.

I feel like they just ignore nearly all of our concerns!

guess they relax on their "hey we gave you 3%" ... really sad about all what happened. we have been nearly fine pre 7.1.5 and now we are crap or even worse. even with BIS legendaries. that's ridiculous.

but hey, they ignore it. pre 7.1.5 there was a big thread about about fire perception vs. reality. what happend? they just IGNORED hundreds of of posts. wtf should we do more? spam them on twitter? really anoying.

/p
    absouletly right.

Fire FEELS better to me than last patch, but I think that is largely because of the lego belt. DPS wise it's shit tier...
    "And lo, the spaghetti fell from his pockets like a horse off a mountain, in the image and likeness of His Almighty Noodliness."
    - Nessie 3:50

Quote Originally Posted by Fust View Post
    Fire FEELS better to me than last patch, but I think that is largely because of the lego belt. DPS wise it's shit tier...
    Dunno, for me its much worse. Previously I could at least burst on some boss, now Combustion is absolutely rubbish. Without Ice Floes its very clunky. I actually already got used to it and learned now to Blink, but still its clunky. Single target DPS is rubbish, cleave DPS - rubbish, DPS when you have to switch on adds or different targets and stack Ignite from zero - rubbish. Granted, I enjoy when my LB + helm DB + FS combo explodes trash pack of imps for 6m DPS, but in fact this is just for fun and completely useless on serious encounters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Dunno, for me its much worse. Previously I could at least burst on some boss, now Combustion is absolutely rubbish. Without Ice Floes its very clunky. I actually already got used to it and learned now to Blink, but still its clunky. Single target DPS is rubbish, cleave DPS - rubbish, DPS when you have to switch on adds or different targets and stack Ignite from zero - rubbish. Granted, I enjoy when my LB + helm DB + FS combo explodes trash pack of imps for 6m DPS, but in fact this is just for fun and completely useless on serious encounters.
    come on. there are fights where this specific patern is usefull. And, if you like M+, you love DB helm, you love RoP, you love combustion, and you love LB.

The difference now between dps in raid are close enough to make the individual skill more important than the actual class.
    It is obviously true that fire does not shine. but it is not "rubbish" when it is something around +3% above average for top and 3% under average for bottom of the ladder.

the only problem about ST is that for fire relies on having the belt and the bracer

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    the only problem about ST is that for fire relies on having the belt and the bracer
    being balanced around having 2 bis legendaries for ST is fucking stupid.

I have both and 3x pyro relics, i can be somewhat competitive not anywhere top dps, melees still too strong on krosus
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    But won't Frost with 2 bis legendaries jump waaay ahead of fire? By sims, fire would do ~750k with 2 bis legendaries, while frost would be ~830k. That's a huge difference.
    Fire isn't balanced, it's just waaaay behind. You need to have bis legendaries AND compete against players without good legendaries, or without gear, or playing wrong, to be competitive and perhaps even beat them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I have both and 3x pyro relics, i can be somewhat competitive not anywhere top dps, melees still too strong on krosus
    omg. i think you should delete your character then ^^ !
    Or pick up more versatile relics (but it is a bit late for that).
    I have 2 "+1% crit damage" relics and a "+4% ignite dmg" one. I know it is not the best on ST but it is ok for overall - and very good for mass AOE damages.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The bracers aren't even a lot better than Koralons or the Shard, but you really need 2 out of the 3, to do good DPS on single target.
    how about 0?

my single target has fallen so far behind, I have to go frost. with 4 ilvl lower weapon, 0 frost legendaries (though my fire ones suck aside from DB helm) all my gear gemmed/enchanted for fire, and being 15 traits behind, frost still sims 25k ahead of fire for me on ST.

With legendaries, 15 traits, and slightly more optimal gear that's easily going to be 75-100k.

Really wishing I didn't dump 15 extra million AP into arcane too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Even with both we are barely mediocre according to 99 percentile/max percentile logs.

omg. i think you should delete your character then ^^ !
    Or pick up more versatile relics (but it is a bit late for that).
    I have 2 "+1% crit damage" relics and a "+4% ignite dmg" one. I know it is not the best on ST but it is ok for overall - and very good for mass AOE damages.
    This is why people who aren't playing at the top level shouldn't comment on balance....it doesn't matter what gear you have fire mage would top up around 700k ST with the best procs possible. While melee could do that in their sleep.

Personally think fire is great when you have HU procs, it sucks absolute ass when you don't. There is nothing more frustrating than casting 4 fireballs to finally see a HU. Please note I am seeing this at 57-60% crit, just got 2pc last raid so haven't had a chance to see if that dropped FB casts into HU.

Without HU procs our sustain is garbage.

Seems to me the big difference between Melee and Caster DPS is the sustain damage. Casters are routinely saddled with something like FB that chews up their GCD's for garbage damage; whereas never do I feel like I am just doing white attacks as a melee. AKA as melee there is always a button I can mash to do more than the white damage.

Put another way if we go 4 non-crit fireballs and cast time is 1.5 seconds each, and those fireballs are hitting at 150k ea, during that 6 second window we are doing 100k DPS (ignoring any ignite dot), it is easy to see how we drop like rocks on meters when that shit RNG happens

Oh and why exactly did they nerf our combustion? Because we were too bursty? But they have no issue with DH and a few other classes bursting 1.5-2x as high as us now..

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Oh and why exactly did they nerf our combustion? Because we were too bursty? But they have no issue with DH and a few other classes bursting 1.5-2x as high as us now..
    DH has to be strong, its a new class or else noone would play that.

2 pc bonus sims 8k dps for me lawl
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I never bought that argument. The fact that fire had the ability to do enormous burst (and the massive ignite spreading as a result) was what made it enjoyable and gave it a bit of a skill cap.

There were quite a few classes, including Prot Paladin (at the time) who could burst just as high as us, and a mage was only crazy burst with a ton of gear and a really high ilvl sinew. It was fairly weak at literally everything that wasn't burst, though, and I advocated for a buff to our mastery to fix that, which it would've done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I never bought that argument. The fact that fire had the ability to do enormous burst (and the massive ignite spreading as a result) was what made it enjoyable and gave it a bit of a skill cap.

There were quite a few classes, including Prot Paladin (at the time) who could burst just as high as us, and a mage was only crazy burst with a ton of gear and a really high ilvl sinew. It was fairly weak at literally everything that wasn't burst, though, and I advocated for a buff to our mastery to fix that, which it would've done.
    well making ignite be affected by haste would do it too and would give fire an extra scaling factor whuch i think is very much needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    DH has to be strong, its a new class or else noone would play that.
    that isnt exactlt logical tho and is far far away from what they did with new classes in the past. dks and monks were never close to being as powerful in their first xpac as dhs are atm. you see, if every spec is strong, then ppl will play is most fun which would actually fit with they have stated with their "bring the player, not the class" statement, atm it feels much more like ranged dps are just there to deal with the mechanics that arent close to melee and the rest of the time they do 90% of the dps of a melee.

Which would be go to spec for someone with low ilevel? Talking like ~850 here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    dks and monks were never close to being as powerful in their first xpac as dhs are atm
    DK weren't close to being as powerful? Did we play different games?

middle pack in EN , and trash tier in TOV, but they said mages were fucking OP and too bursty

DH and of late Arcane mage again for the pure burst, it seems fine for them to burst 1.5m+ without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.