Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    emerald nightmare drops are normal+ only, lfr does not drop them.
    That's false. I've gotten the Guardian one in lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    he is talking about Essences for the Balance quest.

Discussion is about quest items, not the hidden appearance items themselves.

The PVE tier of artifact appearance actually requires some PVE effort and skill? Color me surprised.

You mean the "hidden appearance" then, not the balance of power quest items.

Hidden appearances drop on any difficulty as far as I know, guardian druid, surv hunter, mw monk and shadow priest have ones in EN, balance druid, holy priest, outlaw rogue and resto shamans have ones in dungeons and those dungeons can be even ran on normal I think to get them?

Hidden appearances are not tied to m+15 achievement in any way, their tints are unlocked by doing stuff with that appearance slotted, 1 from WQ, 1 from pvp and 1 from dungeons.

What OP was talking about getting m+15 achiev, glory of the hero achiev or world bosses achiev doesn't give you any appearance IF you don't raid and didn't do the whole Kalecgos questline that requires EN & Nighthold on normal and above, mythic dungeons and few other stuffs like 30 bloods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    The PVE tier of artifact appearance actually requires some PVE effort and skill? Color me surprised.
    Yet another proof Blizz lied claiming m+ is "an alternative to raiding", in practice you're expected to raid and then do m+ on top of it. If you're a purely m+ player who believed in the complete alternate progression path decoupled from raiding? Well the joke's on you.

Personally I'm not in that position, but it irks me that Blizzard is so disconnected from their playerbase. Many, many players like to cherry pick content they like and only play that content. "I'm a raider, I wanna just log for raids." "I'm a pvper, I just wanna pvp and not run maw of souls to upgrade my artifact and stay relevant in pvp." "I'm a m+ player, I want to be recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in m+ without having to raid." "I'm a solo player I just wanna quest and progress my professions without having to venture into group or non-matchmade content."

Why Blizzard doesn't support these playstyles and allow everyone to just concentrate on what they're enjoying in the game? The constant nudges to get out of what you like and do something you dislike just to progress / unlock / stay relevant in what you care about.

They can be stingy about it because it's just a cosmetic thing. Same way raid mount drops have been 1% drop chance since introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Cherry pick if you want, no one's stopping you. But if you play like that (not YOU literally, mind) then you also can't expect to obtain everything the game has to offer. Remember, this is a COSMETIC artifact appearance, with NOTHING to do with player progression. It is a reward intended for demonstration of PVE skill and/or effort on some level.

Can't have everything if you don't play everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    But if you play like that (not YOU literally, mind) then you also can't expect to obtain everything the game has to offer. Remember, this is a COSMETIC artifact appearance, with NOTHING to do with player progression.
    Problem is a pure m+ player doesn't have any rewards of cosmetic value. Pure pvp player has the various pvp-only mounts and elite gladiator set appearance. Oh, and prestige artifact look. Raiders have the mythic mounts (that are actually 100% drop chance during that expansion, only 1% after it ends), titles, gear sets (which look more elaborate on mythic), the special artifact appearance.

M+ players have some unreliable leaderboards (every time someone wanted to check how they did it wasn't updated yet or something else wasn't showing properly), generic crappy looking loot, and the achievement ends at m+15 while the world first is already at 24, it just doesn't scale with the new raids being added (which award new achievements and stuff, m+ got nothing new with NH opening).

The artifact reward being reduced to a tint makes the whole m+ business as important in Blizzard's eyes as archeology (which rewards a tint as well). A bit underwhelming for something announced as a big feature of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You mean the "hidden appearance" then, not the balance of power quest items.

Hidden appearances drop on any difficulty as far as I know, guardian druid, surv hunter, mw monk and shadow priest have ones in EN, balance druid, holy priest, outlaw rogue and resto shamans have ones in dungeons and those dungeons can be even ran on normal I think to get them?

Hidden appearances are not tied to m+15 achievement in any way, their tints are unlocked by doing stuff with that appearance slotted, 1 from WQ, 1 from pvp and 1 from dungeons.

What OP was talking about getting m+15 achiev, glory of the hero achiev or world bosses achiev doesn't give you any appearance IF you don't raid and didn't do the whole Kalecgos questline that requires EN & Nighthold on normal and above, mythic dungeons and few other stuffs like 30 bloods.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another proof Blizz lied claiming m+ is "an alternative to raiding", in practice you're expected to raid and then do m+ on top of it. If you're a purely m+ player who believed in the complete alternate progression path decoupled from raiding? Well the joke's on you.

Personally I'm not in that position, but it irks me that Blizzard is so disconnected from their playerbase. Many, many players like to cherry pick content they like and only play that content. "I'm a raider, I wanna just log for raids." "I'm a pvper, I just wanna pvp and not run maw of souls to upgrade my artifact and stay relevant in pvp." "I'm a m+ player, I want to be recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in m+ without having to raid." "I'm a solo player I just wanna quest and progress my professions without having to venture into group or non-matchmade content."

Why Blizzard doesn't support these playstyles and allow everyone to just concentrate on what they're enjoying in the game? The constant nudges to get out of what you like and do something you dislike just to progress / unlock / stay relevant in what you care about.
    To start off with, it's largely based on perception.

For instance, I don't think people would have this issue if the artifact appearance shrine didn't show the appearances at all until you actually unlocked the first part. Like the hidden artifact appearance. No one thought you could unlock the other variations separately from the main appearance without having it because of the way it was presented.

You can actually see how they are somewhat remedying that with the solo challenge appearances by including the tag "must do x using this appearance."

Also, on assuming: a lot of people assumed (now a lot of this was Blizz's fault in communicating this) that these were all independent appearances because they were mostly unrelated in how you get each tint. But not everyone is going to perceive it the same way. While I believe they are the minority, I do know some assumed it would work the way it actually worked out. Where you needed the first to unlock the others.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You can't get the balance of power quest items from LFR. They may change that in the future once they realize how stupid it is that non-raid appearances are linked to raids, but who knows.
    Nah. Everyone can get the appearances but early raiders will get them sooner. As content gets nerfed through ilevel it's easy to go back and do raids.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Problem is a pure m+ player doesn't have any rewards of cosmetic value. Pure pvp player has the various pvp-only mounts and elite gladiator set appearance. Oh, and prestige artifact look. Raiders have the mythic mounts (that are actually 100% drop chance during that expansion, only 1% after it ends), titles, gear sets (which look more elaborate on mythic), the special artifact appearance.

M+ players have some unreliable leaderboards (every time someone wanted to check how they did it wasn't updated yet or something else wasn't showing properly), generic crappy looking loot, and the achievement ends at m+15 while the world first is already at 24, it just doesn't scale with the new raids being added (which award new achievements and stuff, m+ got nothing new with NH opening).

The artifact reward being reduced to a tint makes the whole m+ business as important in Blizzard's eyes as archeology (which rewards a tint as well). A bit underwhelming for something announced as a big feature of Legion.
    And that's why assuming is bad. And why you can't take statements at face value until actually looking at the issue.

As good a system as M+ is, it has lots of limitations due to balance which will prevent it from actually matching raids or even PvP. (And for that matter, probably isnt designed to be balanced). The swings in difficulty based on comp, affixes and dungeons is huge. And always will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Would I like to see them add a mount for doing something very tough regarding M+? Yes. But there's a limit to how exclusive they can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Nah. Everyone can get the appearances but early raiders will get them sooner. As content gets nerfed through ilevel it's easy to go back and do raids.
    Gotta artificially keep organised raiding relevant somehow, amirite?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Each artifact row requires the initial color to be unlocked before further colors can be used. For instance, I unlocked the color requiring "Unleashed Monstrosities" ages ago but could not use it until completing Balance of Power more recently.

Similar to your experience, however, when I completed my first m10 within the timer WoWProgress never updated to show it. Guildies thought I was making it up (as the site is generally reliable) until I was able to link my Master achievement. I don't really know what's up with WP, but you definitely aren't the first to not have your keystone progression reflected there.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Each artifact row requires the initial color to be unlocked before further colors can be used. For instance, I unlocked the color requiring "Unleashed Monstrosities" ages ago but could not use it until completing Balance of Power more recently.

Similar to your experience, however, when I completed my first m10 within the timer WoWProgress never updated to show it. Guildies thought I was making it up (as the site is generally reliable) until I was able to link my Master achievement. I don't really know what's up with WP, but you definitely aren't the first to not have your keystone progression reflected there.
    You have to click the button called 'update character' on wowprogess.
    Not doing that and complaining that it's slow to update...just what.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    You have to click the button called 'update character' on wowprogess.
    Not doing that and complaining that it's slow to update...just what.
    Obviously I know to hit update character. My point was that even after updating, it wasn't showing. It was some issue with the API or the Armory or something, I can't remember what, but it wasn't showing even after an update. Why would I talk about WoWProgress not being up-to-date if I hadn't tried updating? o.o

Edit: And this was a few days after the run, it still wasn't showing after being updated. Hell, for all I know it's still not showing now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Only raiders get the non-raider appearances this expansion.
    Yes, it's retarded.
    buhu, i want a completely optional cosmetical thing and i have to do various content, fuck blizz. OMG, nothing to do, RIP wow.You get my point, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    buhu, i want a completely optional cosmetical thing and i have to do various content, fuck blizz. OMG, nothing to do, RIP wow.You get my point, dont you?
    Don't come crying to me if something you want that you unlock for doing your level of content ends up magically also locked behind content you can't do, then.
    If that ever happens, I want you to remember this day.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have made the base artifact appearance the world boss one, with the rest to be unlocked by the raid quest, mythic 15, and that other one I can't think of. The base one should be the easiest to attain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta artificially keep organised raiding relevant somehow, amirite?
    There's a huge chunk of the player base who enjoys organized raiding versus the LFR zerg. If you don't like it then don't do it. Just like the PVP skins and Mythic+ skin targeted at Dungeon addicts. God forbid Blizzard ties rewards to different types of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't come crying to me if something you want that you unlock for doing your level of content ends up magically also locked behind content you can't do, then.
    Open group finder. Click apply. Profit. If the criteria was to stop Tom Brady in the Super Bowl then I'd agree it might be a problem.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    If a +15 is your level of content, you're probably good enough and geared enough to clear a normal raid (and your ilvl should be decent enough to meet the crazy-ass ilvl reqs that people set).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.