Poll: Has the Rising Cost of the WoW Token made you unsub?

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Of course you are
    ?

Do you really not believe people quit wow? I can show you my old vanilla guild with almost 80 characters ranging in last logon times of 2-10+ years. Its a complete graveyard, unfortunately. They all eventually come back is a lie

going down was 115k now 77k on NA keep going down more pls feels good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    ?

Do you really not believe people quit wow? I can show you my old vanilla guild with almost 80 characters ranging in last logon times of 2-10+ years. Its a complete graveyard, unfortunately. They all eventually come back is a lie
    People quit all the time. But the ones who have to announce their intention in forums rarely do (or they'll be back before they know it).

Well, Good that i bought some tokens when i noticed it going down again. Sold like 3 for 190k each.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    Great. I bought 11 tokens between 170k and 195k.

Now the price is down to 124k

Fuck you Blizzard you pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I prefer the increasing price, personally. I'm a seller, so the higher it goes, the better.
    Honest question and not trying to be a dick.

But what do you even do with that gold? I can't personally even find a use outside of making flasks/food/pots/enchants basically a non-problem, and that's like 1 token a month worth at best, and I make enough to cover all that with just daily caches.

I guess buying runs is one possibility, but I'm not sure what else gold is even useful for anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicon View Post
    Exactly. It's a great deal. I don't understand the people who refuse to pay for the game (don't think it is worth it quit). Also don't really understand the people too poor to play. I mean I understand what poor is big time. I just don't understand why you would focus on WoW at all if 14.99 is too much money. Time to get a second job or a better job not play games.
    That's a very narrow minded view... have you considered situations where exchange rates come in?

In Eastern European countries €12,99 is a lot of disposable income, even with an above-average wage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grab Her By The Pussy View Post
    Great. I bought 11 tokens between 170k and 195k.

Now the price is down to 124k

Fuck you Blizzard you pieces of shit.
    Well that's how economics works... it's your fault for not waiting out the obvious post-Battle.net balance spike.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    That's a very narrow minded view... have you considered situations where exchange rates come in?

In Eastern European countries €12,99 is a lot of disposable income, even with an above-average wage.
    That's kind of the point of the post though; if the cost of a subscription to WoW is too much money for someone to spare, they should be putting their time invested in WoW into something else to better their lives such as searching for a better/second job to generate more money instead of spending money that will make life troublesome for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Well that's how economics works... it's your fault for not waiting out the obvious post-Battle.net balance spike.
    Uhm, you don't understand that this isn't economics. The price is determined by an algorithm that Blizzard programmed. In real economics prices don't swing back and forth like a pendulum. People aren't able to set the price for the token. There was no telling at what price the token would spike and there is no telling to what price it would've gone down to. It could've spiked at 250k or 300k and then only gone down to like 200k and then went up and down between that.

Deleted
    Can you swap the tokens for bnet currency on EU yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Can you swap the tokens for bnet currency on EU yet?
    No. I wish they would at least give us some info.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    People quit all the time. But the ones who have to announce their intention in forums rarely do (or they'll be back before they know it).
    Bingo...people who quit just quit...those who announce it are just seeking attention

OT...just checked...down to 76K...that was a short spike

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Let me be 100% clear this is not a I Quit thread.

... The price rising has made me decide to quit

Are you sure?

And on topic: the amount of value I get from this game in fun and play time is worth a lot more than 15$ a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    For most of the last decade the game was worth the cost, I just don't play much any more, and if I pay I feel like I need to play more to justify the cost, the token was a good compromise, but it feels like its getting away from me.

Good to see it coming down, maybe I will be able to stick around after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard rumors, that in EU token adding balance to BN is not happend yet, and is lowered to 119K gold now.

I managed to sell one on eu when they where going up, 166k, im hoping that they will drop to half that so that i can buy one, and keep the profit :P
    Or maybe il just buy some boe 101 epics and lvl alts ^^

Deleted
    I managed to buy only just off-peak. 196K gold yesterday. Prices seem to be normalising again though.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I heard rumors, that in EU token adding balance to BN is not happend yet, and is lowered to 119K gold now.
    This is correct, the token -> balance conversion isn't live in the EU yet. This would explain the dropping price (as everyone probably already has 10 tokens in their inventory) - however the price started falling like a rock in the US too at about the same time, so either Blizz stepped in or a lot of people started selling tokens hoping to take advantage of the high prices.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, you don't understand that this isn't economics. The price is determined by an algorithm that Blizzard programmed. In real economics prices don't swing back and forth like a pendulum. People aren't able to set the price for the token. There was no telling at what price the token would spike and there is no telling to what price it would've gone down to. It could've spiked at 250k or 300k and then only gone down to like 200k and then went up and down between that.
    The price "determined by an algorithm" is still based on the fundamentals of economics. And the same thing happens in the real world with, for example, national currencies.

The reason that the price spiked is because a whole ton of people rushed to buy tokens for Battle.net balance. As this happened it pushed the price up, which no doubt spurred a lot of "panic" buying by people who feared that the price would keep going up. People like you....

I'll bet that when you bought those tokens you were very chuffed with yourself for getting in before the peak, but of course now that the price has normalised again, you are pissed.

You took an in ill informed gamble because you panicked.

Don't go blaming Blizzard for it.

Still your own fault. It was easily predictable. I buyed 10 tokens to sell them 2M and now i can buy 20 tokens with the 2M. I paid 200 euros to make 260 euros worth of battle.net balance