Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    It still doesn't track since that's not how mastery works (the bonus decreases linearly with distance between the target and the caster), but okay. I guess it was just a figure of speech or something.
    Well you still have two circles of 10yards each that get 100% of the mastery effectiveness. Beyond that you are right, each circle declines linearly.

The original description from the developers of mastery was:

"Lightbringer: It's 100% effective at 10 yards, 0% effective at 40 yards, falling off linearly in between (e.g. it's 2/3 effective at 20 yards)."

A little off topic: I don't really know how they handle the overlap when you are using BoL - suppose you are healing a target that is standing 20yards from you (Mastery bonus would be at 2/3rds) but who is 30 yards from the beaconed tank (Mastery bonus would be at 1/3); I would guess that the higher bonus would get applied, but really have no proof. Presumably those overlaps dont stack, or they don't apply the lesser mastery bonus.... hopefully.

Deleted
    The tooltip says "whichever is closer" so the higher bonus is applied.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just looted my first legendary. It was a Sephuz's Secret. Now im extremely salty. I wonder if ill put it into the bank, will my chances to get a second legendary increase? Or im literally blessed with suck now?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I just looted my first legendary. It was a Sephuz's Secret. Now im extremely salty. I wonder if ill put it into the bank, will my chances to get a second legendary increase? Or im literally blessed with suck now?
    It doesn't matter where you put it.

IIRC you will get the first two legendaries quickly, so keep your fingers crossed and hope for the next one to be better. By the way, Sephuz is far from useless for a healer. Could have been worse, like gloves or boots.

Coming back to WoW after a long break away. Just got 4pc for HPal, what's the consensus on switching talents now that this is a thing? People using DP now instead of HA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchh View Post
    Coming back to WoW after a long break away. Just got 4pc for HPal, what's the consensus on switching talents now that this is a thing? People using DP now instead of HA?
    Well. Explain why you would think DP might be used over HA. That's not the case, but maybe you came to a different conclusion. DP is mainly for mana management as you can save a decent bit over the course of the fight but the rng factor is awful. HA is another cd that can be planned and used when necessary. Set bonuses shouldn't effect that.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Well. Explain why you would think DP might be used over HA. That's not the case, but maybe you came to a different conclusion. DP is mainly for mana management as you can save a decent bit over the course of the fight but the rng factor is awful. HA is another cd that can be planned and used when necessary. Set bonuses shouldn't effect that.
    I'm finding myself running OOM relatively quickly with the new 4pc. I play a very aggressive and proactive style of healing and it has done me well in the past. When 4pc procs, i'm still sticking with HL as opposed to FL unless someone is falling very low, or I am getting ready to use Aura of Sac. Are you just holding onto the procs until you need to use them?

I still don't have the healing trink w/ mana regen for HL casts. Still have 875 vial and 870 cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding myself running OOM relatively quickly with the new 4pc. I play a very aggressive and proactive style of healing and it has done me well in the past. When 4pc procs, i'm still sticking with HL as opposed to FL unless someone is falling very low, or I am getting ready to use Aura of Sac. Are you just holding onto the procs until you need to use them?

I still don't have the healing trink w/ mana regen for HL casts. Still have 875 vial and 870 cake.
    It's still more mana/throughput efficient to use a stack for FoL, but as long as you aren't literally wasting heals and getting a ton of overhealing you shouldn't have much of an issue. You could use infusion procs like you would without 4pc and cast a FoL or HL when necessary while holding onto that other stack in the event nobody is taking damage. Although you probably figured that. Your best bet would be to post logs so we could get a better picture of why you are going Oom. How soon are you going oom, what fight, talents, strat, etc., etc.

It's still more mana/throughput efficient to use a stack for FoL, but as long as you aren't literally wasting heals and getting a ton of overhealing you shouldn't have much of an issue. You could use infusion procs like you would without 4pc and cast a FoL or HL when necessary while holding onto that other stack in the event nobody is taking damage. Although you probably figured that. Your best bet would be to post logs so we could get a better picture of why you are going Oom. How soon are you going oom, what fight, talents, strat, etc., etc.
    Not letting me post links yet. Need moar posts. BRB

Holy paladin healing is about as reactive as it gets. I am really curious how you manage to be proactive about it.

Deleted
    Quick question regarding our cooldowns:
    Does it make sense to stack cooldowns, for example Holy Avenger and Tyrs Deliverance or Aura Mastery with Avenging Wrath etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    Quick question regarding our cooldowns:
    Does it make sense to stack cooldowns, for example Holy Avenger and Tyrs Deliverance or Aura Mastery with Avenging Wrath etc?
    Those two combos you mentioned are fine.

Deleted
    [...]
    You need to get an understanding of/feeling for when actual damage is coming in and when you can leave the tanks completely alone for a full GCD or even multiple. Smash the shit out of your Judgment, Crusader Strike and Consecration buttons when there's nothing to do. Cancel all casts that would result in high overhealing outside of heavy damage phases. Allow your other healers to use their mana for what they're good at and focus on dumping your mana into big health deficits. Also use the shit out of all your CDs, they save a ton of mana.

Welp just got a 915 cake trinket with a socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got an 885 with socket tonight. its replacing my urn on the requirement that i dont waste the absorbs :\

so i just got the healing trinket was wondering when hsould i be popping it on cd for the 15% increase or is there a trick to using the trinket right

Quote Originally Posted by Andouin View Post
    The tooltip says "whichever is closer" so the higher bonus is applied.
    Ahh yes, missed that

I feel like the 4set gives us more options for managing mana. 2 fast HL casts can be nice when you want/need to conserve mana. I am really enjoying the flexibility that the 4 set gives us. It seems to be solid of M+ too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timadin View Post
    I feel like the 4set gives us more options for managing mana. 2 fast HL casts can be nice when you want/need to conserve mana. I am really enjoying the flexibility that the 4 set gives us. It seems to be solid of M+ too
    Sure you can use HL to save mana assuming you wouldn't get full use out of a stronger FoL. Seems some people that get 4set are enjoying super quick and strong heals so much that they are getting carried away and ooming 2 minutes into a fight. Just because you have 2 stacks now doesn't mean you need to use both immediately

TFW you get a 915 warforged T19 cloak and realize it's a clear downgrade from your 860 Drape of Shame.

I mean, it's an awesome offspec piece, but... yeah. Feels bad.