Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    if you're being paid under the table and aren't a citizen.
    Sounds like something that might depress wages available to legit workers. Might wanna look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    you won't the farmer will just buy the machines needed to do it. there was a thread talking about this very subject and the farmers would just buy the machines needed to do the job instead of relying on farm workers. wish i posted in it so I could find it.
    Probably somewhat, but I doubt anywhere close to 100% will just be replaced with machines. At any rate you can actually tax and regulate this since it's on the books and machines create jobs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Sounds like something that might depress wages available to legit workers. Might wanna look into that.
    ...except as ameican citizens they have a right to a minimum wage... to skip to the end the minimum wage has been stagnant for decades now.

good luck convincing me to pick potatoes out of the ground for less than minimum wage.
    If only more people were this honest about caring about cheap goods and not actually caring about illegals.

- - - Updated - - -

...except as ameican citizens they have a right to a minimum wage... to skip to the end the minimum wage has been stagnant for decades now.
    Wait. Illegals are citizens now? When did Obama sneak that one in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The reference was to the 11 million legals who would need to take over the work of those illegals... keep up dude

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If only more people were this honest about caring about cheap goods and not actually caring about illegals.
    if some farmers were forced to pay even a min wage they would go belly up. those people choose to come here and work for a pittance because those farmers are allowed to give it to them. if the incentive to work here was gone most wouldn't bother coming here in the first place. I'm for either actually fixing the "problem" or keeping the status quo since it doesn't affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The reference was to the 11 million legals who would need to take over the work of those illegals... keep up dude
    You mean the people that can't even payed lower than minimum wage legally and thus lose to people at work for less than that.

- - - Updated - - -

if some farmers were forced to pay even a min wage they would go belly up. those people choose to come here and work for a pittance because those farmers are allowed to give it to them. if the incentive to work here was gone most wouldn't bother coming here in the first place. I'm for either actually fixing the "problem" or keeping the status quo since it doesn't affect me.
    Except you don't. You have bubbled in the part here you are against paying more for goods. Which means supporting illegal undercutting.

If one of your preferred options is "do nothing", you don't want to fix anything.

Sounds like something that might depress wages available to legit workers.
    except as ameican citizens they have a right to a minimum wage

Isn't taping your windows putting a target on your back?

Except you don't. You have bubbled in the part here you are against paying more for goods. Which means supporting illegal undercutting.

If one of your preferred options is "do nothing", you don't want to fix anything.
    because I don't see it as a problem or at least one as grave as people make it out to be. I'm not against prices rising, I'm against farmers not being able to pay their workers and going under and not give us those goods in the first place.

omg, fear spreads among so many that are stealing identities and ruining people's good credit scores that took years to earn.

because I don't see it as a problem or at least one as grave as people make it out to be. I'm not against prices rising, I'm against farmers not being able to pay their workers and going under and not give us those goods in the first place.
    Yes you are. That's specifically why you mentioned paying more for food before "farmers going belly up".

(How are those farming subsidiaries, btw?)

Sorry, I'm referring to reality - where rich folk DO break the law and get away with it, and poor folk need to break the law to survive.

The fantasy world you are referring to sounds awesome, and I'm sure it rains pink donuts there as well - but that is NOT where we live.
    the rich do get off easy. i've never said anything about them, but obviously they do need to be brought to heel.

but the fucking reality is that there's no reason to break the law. don't you goddamned tell me i'm lying. i'd bet what money i got that you have more than i do. i've broken the law once, and that's because i was a stupid teenager. other than that, we have no reason to break the law, and there will never be a reason to break the fucking law. if you see an excuse to, it's because you're just looking for a fucking excuse to. there's never a legitimate excuse to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/11/politi...ear/index.html

I really am not pleased about spreading fear. People are keeping their kids home from school and are worried about opening their doors!
    They shouldn't have been there to begin with.

Yes you are. That's specifically why you mentioned paying more for food before "farmers going belly up".

(How are those farming subsidiaries, btw?)
    I'm not going to say I don't benefit from that since I do. but if the prices were to rise I'd have to deal with it either way now wouldn't I?

I think they need to be overhauled if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    but the fucking reality is that there's no reason to break the law. don't you goddamned tell me i'm lying.
    You aren't lying, you are simply mistaken ... but that is fine, it is hard for many people to empathise with those worse off than themselves.

But anyway - that's beside the point here, the practicalities of rounding up 11 million people to send to where ever would pretty much destroy the US from the inside.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I'm not going to say I don't benefit from that since I do. but if the prices were to rise I'd have to deal with it either way now wouldn't I?

I think they need to be overhauled if you ask me.
    You'll never have to if you support criminally low wages like you do now.

Quick jab at @Wells while it's on my mind. How was that fifteen dollar minimum wage going to work in a contracting economy?

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't lying, you are simply mistaken ... but that is fine, it is hard for many people to empathise with those worse off than themselves.
    Empathizing with someone and suggesting that some people need to break the law aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Empathizing with someone and suggesting that some people need to break the law aren't the same thing.
    Wasn't suggesting - was just stating the truth that the system is structured at the moment that breaking the law can in many cases be the sole mechanism available for survival.

Denying that will not help address it.... however again, that is beside the point.

The simple fact is that the logistics and cost of getting 11 million people out of the US is just so extreme that it would damage the country doing it.

1. The act of removing the illegals would take in the order of 20 years to complete, and cost tax payers in the order of $400 billion to $600 billion.
    2. The effects of removing them on industry and incomes from other sources is incalculable.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-02-12 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't suggesting - was just stating the truth that the system is structured at the moment that breaking the law can in many cases be the sole mechanism available for survival.
    Please feel free to provide an example of this, otherwise stop repeating it.

I'm not here to virtue signal. They broke the law, they deal with the consequences....finally.