Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Which Dreadlords were those, that 'dealt with the Lich King'? Dont worry, i'll wait.
    Something easily known if you ever even bothered to play Wc3
    Edit: I see Aqua already posted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Yeah, but it is a fair question to ask however. If the spirit of Ner'zhul is what give the helm its power, without the spirit does it still retain all of its power, none of its power or something in the middle.
    I think nothing ever suggested Ner'zhul was in any way related to the Helm's power. Kil'jaeden created the Lich King. Ner'zhul merely had his spirit kicked into the helm/armor encased in the Frozen Throne, turning the Lich King into a sentient entity governed by the last vestigies of Ner'zhul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Because Bolvar is not fully in control. Ner'zhul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Because Bolvar is not fully in control. Ner'zhul.
    ner'zhul is dead.

Formerly known as Arafal

The situation with the Scourge after WotLK feels kinda iffy. They said that Bolvar prevends the Scourge from attacking us again, by which you might think that he could just order them to kill each other. But after a long time we now see that Bolvar might have an agenda of his own, so we don't even know if he's still Bolvar or that something is corrupting him. Feels like they are building him up for a major patch (no expsansion I think) as a new villain. Either way this makes me miss the old ''Scourge'', still the best villains Warcraft had imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    ner'zhul is dead.
    Ner'zhul is the boogeyman of WoW.

"He's there, in the dark. Waiting. You can't see him. Maybe he doesn't even exist. But he's there. Looking at you."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The situation with the Scourge after WotLK feels kinda iffy. They said that Bolvar prevends the Scourge from attacking us again, by which you might think that he could just order them to kill each other. But after a long time we now see that Bolvar might have an agenda of his own, so we don't even know if he's still Bolvar or that something is corrupting him. Feels like they are building him up for a major patch (no expsansion I think) as a new villain. Either way this makes me miss the old ''Scourge'', still the best villains Warcraft had imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What happened to Bolvar? We haven't seen him reign in the scourge at all. What's he doing on the Throne?
    DK: It wasn't an easy transition for him. You gotta give him a little bit of time. He was kind of melted for a little while and then he was stuck in an ice cube. It's tough. That's a hard thing to go through.
    CM: The Scourge and Cult of the Damned currently operating in Plaguelands are likely autonomous. The idea with Bolvar putting that helmet on, attempting to contain the Scourge... It's really about Northrend. "I just got on a boat yesterday and those quests are still happening." Ideally, if this thing had a clean timeline, which it does not... If we were making a movie... If we were writing it as a novel, with him on that Frozen Throne, the Scourge has gone to sleep in Northrend. But obviously it doesn't play out that way in the game. You can still go back and do all those quests.

But that is the intent of the fiction. That things aren't as bad as they were and he is not a monstrous Lich King. He's actually trying to keep everybody chill. There won't be any major crazy new Scourge attacks... for some time. But the Scourge operating in Plaguelands, it's more helpful to look at them as autonomous. Although, we haven't really dug out a lot of lore to substantiate that. "How are they autonomous?" "Who's driving these critters?" "Zombies don't have free will."
    DK: Well certainly as Arthas' power waned, he lost control of the Forsaken. So we got a new Lich King getting his feet wet.
    CM: Totally. (BlizzCon2011)

Bolvar was too weak of a LK to do anything other than put them to sleep. Like the TNG episode "Best of Both Worlds", sleep is a simple command. Maybe he's more powerful now, but seems like he wants his undead army to stick around.
    Bolvar could have very well developed an agenda of his own, it doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with world domination, genocide and whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    ner'zhul is dead.
    Lich King helmet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Lich King helmet?
    Only thing inside that helmet is Bolvar's head.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    The reason Bolvar isn't as strong of a Lich King is because he was just a paladin who put on the Helm. That's where all his necromantic power comes from.

Arthas was so much stronger because at the time of becoming Lich King, he was a death knight of unparalleled skill, including expertise in necromancy. He also had Frostmourne and the Plate of the Damned (which is only mentioned in the RPG, but it was part of Ner'zhul's armor, I'm pretty sure, in WC3, so it must have some powerful significance).

TCG artwork also indicates that several other facets of Arthas' WotLK gear were originally part of Ner'zhul's prison too, like the skull kneepads and shoulders.

So, Arthas was already very good at necromancy when he got the Helm and rest of the gear that amplified his power exponentially, while Bolvar knew absolutely nothing about necromancy and only had the Helm.

That's why Bolvar can't control the Lordaeron (and Razorfen Downs) Scourge, because his power doesn't extend that far. And (I think) that's also why the Ebon Blade tell Bolvar he and the Scourge should stay in Northrend, not come to the Broken Isles.
    another reason to not bring them to the broken isles is well, dreadlords

and dreadlord versus bolvar, who do you think has a stronger control over the undead...?

- - - Updated - - -

well and the saronite fortress around him, we know saronite is the blood of the old gods, and the old gods can whisper and corrupt through it (when i say old gods i mean yog, derp)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Ner'zhul is a sugarplum fairy, you need to believe in him for him to exist.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

dreadlord versus bolvar, who do you think has a stronger control over the undead...?
    Bolvar by a lot. If the Burning Legion could simply take control of the Scourge they would have. The helm gives the Lich King primacy over the undead. If they can kill the Lich King then it appears they could shift control over to another enity like the Dreadlords (a Dreadlord?)

I think Bolvar is far more powerful then most are giving him credit for. The Ebon Blade are scurrying back and forth at his command. The Ebon Blade is selling it to themselves as a alliance, but it seems to me that it is far more the Deathlord doing the will of the Lich King then reverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And the Necromantic/Demonic magics that bind the Scourge to its wearer. Ner'zhul or no, I somehow doubt either that or the presence of the Scourge hive-mind or collective consciousness in one's head is good for one's sanity.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar by a lot. If the Burning Legion could simply take control of the Scourge they would have. The helm gives the Lich King primacy over the undead. If they can kill the Lich King then it appears they could shift control over to another enity like the Dreadlords (a Dreadlord?)

I think Bolvar is far more powerful then most are giving him credit for. The Ebon Blade are scurrying back and forth at his command. The Ebon Blade is selling it to themselves as a alliance, but it seems to me that it is far more the Deathlord doing the will of the Lich King then reverse.
    if the dreadlords could assume control from nerzhul, they sure as hell can from Bolvar.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    if the dreadlords could assume control from nerzhul, they sure as hell can from Bolvar.
    The implication I got from Warcraft 3 was that they needed to get rid of/kill Nerzhul before the Dreadlords could assume control.

10+ Year Old Account
    The implication I got from Warcraft 3 was that they needed to get rid of/kill Nerzhul before the Dreadlords could assume control.
    Archimonde just said the dreadlords were to be in control and that's how it was. They took control and ran off to Kalimdor with the Scourge; no need to kill Ner'zhul. Ner'zhul could only dare attempt independence after the Legion was demolished at Hyjal.

Deleted
    Have not played WC3 but didn't a pre-lich king arthas kill a dreadlord?

Plus, I don't think necromancy works that way. Once a necromancer raises undead that undead follows his/her commands only until they either are killed or the necromancer loses the power to maintain control over them. The same could be said for warlocks as well since there are plently of powerful warlocks on the legions side yet our locks seem to be doing fine against the legion.

Also, the Lich King was going to launch the legion had the ebon blade not intervened. I doubt he'd be stupid enough to send his undead to the broken shore if he knows he can't maintain control over them.
    Last edited by mmoc68f142564e; 2017-02-12 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas killed a dreadlord with Frostmourne, but the Dreadlord just came back.
    Holy shit lol

Because we're moving ahead to a "Return of the Lich King"-expansion, maybe? Most movies and games could be cut short instantly by just 1 simple logical action... would make things pretty dull!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Arthas killed a dreadlord with Frostmourne, but the Dreadlord just came back.
    What I'm trying to show is that Arthas>Dreadlord

Therefore Bolvar>Dreadlord

The dreadlord only came back because he was a demon and couldn't be killed outside of the twisting nether and not because he was powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgjegerggergr View Post
    What I'm trying to show is that Arthas>Dreadlord

Therefore Bolvar>Dreadlord

The dreadlord only came back because he was a demon and couldn't be killed outside of the twisting nether and not because he was powerful.
    Bolvar doesnt have frostmourne, and Mal'ganis was completly unprepared. Kil'jaden and a bunch of Dreadlords wouldn't be.
    Holy shit lol