Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is tab targeting still broken??

It's just hilarious that Blizz can't fix this. For Melee it's simply not acceptable (for ranged as well probably). The mobs you are fight are RIGHT IN FRONT OF you and you tab and tab and tab and tab and none of them is targeted. Some other mobs in a trash group 40 yards away are. So when you finally found your mouse cursor to manually select something mobs are dead. As a Fury whose dps highly depends on burst AOE and Execute its just a giant clusterfuck if you dish out zero damage before the pack is down because you can't target anything.

THIS CANT BE THAT HARD TO FIX?!?!! I can't remember this problem in WoD, at least not that bad!
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2017-02-14 at 04:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall correctly, this is not a bug but was implemented as an improvement. It backfired. Someone told me, that they wanted to change tabbing with 7.2. I haveno source for that information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Changes coming in 7.2. Chill...

Most of the time I manage to switch in time with the mouse, but yeah I feel you pain - it feels so stupid hitting tab again and again when there's a bunch of mobs right in front of you , and the tab selects some random shit out of los.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

It's the worst when you're tanking. It's bad in general, but god damn does it suck when tanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Most of the time I manage to switch in time with the mouse, but yeah I feel you pain - it feels so stupid hitting tab again and again when there's a bunch of mobs right in front of you , and the tab selects some random shit out of los.
    How do you manage to find your mouse cursor with all those spell effects on screen during raid? Scorpyron is a pain...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Changes coming in 7.2. Chill...
    Too late man. This should've been fixed launchweek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it's a 12 year old game or something. The targeting system definitely needs an overhaul...but so does lots of other systems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Probably because it's a 12 year old game or something. The targeting system definitely needs an overhaul...but so does lots of other systems.
    it was fine until they broke it

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the big mysteries out there, imo. I still don't understand why Blizz tweaked a perfectly fine situation and made it so much worse; twice if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mage juggling targets I find myself pulling mobs just at the end of my reach if i'm not too careful. 7.2 cant come soon enough.

Hell, just the not being able to tab to targets out of combat is enough for me to rejoice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    After 12 years the tab targeting system just breaks?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    After 12 years the tab targeting system just breaks?
    It was broken, initially, back in Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It was broken, initially, back in Wrath.
    No, it wasn't. What are you talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it wasn't. What are you talking about.
    If it wasn't Wrath it was early Cata. Somewhere around 2010 is when tab target started becoming the mess it is today.

OR you just use the "target nearest in a line" tab targeting that is implemented in the game instead and you will always target the closest enemy in a line infront of your character. This makes it so you always get the one that you always target someone that is a dpsable target.
    I just changed so tab does this and shift + tab is the old setting.
    This makes me never target a random target far away.
    Sure its a tad bit harder to cycle through a pack if u want to for example spread out the damage but for me its more important to instantly get a target to dps no matter what target (BoS frost DK, so I cant skip GCDs really)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    If it wasn't Wrath it was early Cata. Somewhere around 2010 is when tab target started becoming the mess it is today.
    No. What are you talking about. Tab targeting broke with Legion. It was still ok in WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. What are you talking about. Tab targeting broke with Legion. It was still ok in WoD.
    It has been made worse several times over the years, but the degradation started ~6-7 years ago.

Google Search : World of Warcraft Wrath tab target broken site:us.battle.net

I've been playing since BC and this has rarely worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================