Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Stop being dense. Laws are laws.
    So is the logan act. Hypocritical much?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Look him up too if he is getting favors from russia for abusing his office.
    If that's what the investigations conclude, I agree. I just can't help but take a certain depressing sense of pleasure in the irony of it all, and the fact that there have been tons of warnings about Flynn for a while now. All dismissed by the Trump administration until yesterday.

Though if he does get locked up, that's actually even worse for Trump and his administration, especially in light of the comments from Spicer today.

"What did he know, and when did he know it?" is going to be an extremely important set of questions for Trump and many others in his administration in that event. And right now, it's not looking good for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread has put on full display the depths of depravity inherent in the Trump cultists. We know Flynn did the wrong thing, Flynn knows Flynn did the wrong thing, Flynn himself resigned, he wasn't fired. And Trump was caught handling information extremely poorly at Mar-a-Lago... and not only the cultists, but Trump himself, are now all crying and blaming liberals.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So apparently rand paul has commented on this. His response is mind-fucking-blowing.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politi...nvestigations/

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    So apparently rand paul has commented on this. His response is mind-fucking-blowing.
    Why? The GOP are all collaborators with Trump at this point. They've made it abundantly clear that they're placing politics above their country.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    I made my point. Try again.
    "Stop being dense. Laws are laws."

The United States Constitution is even older than the Logan Act, as is our Immigration and Naturalization Law of 1790 and 1795.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? The GOP are all collaborators with Trump at this point. They've made it abundantly clear that they're placing politics above their country.
    Yep. They need to all be painted with this. Don't give them an out. They are all implicit in this.

Well, I mean, it's Rand...Paul.

Here's the thing that the Trump organization did not account for in their narrative today.

They claimed the White House Council said weeks ago no rules were broken in his conversation.

They claim that Flynn didn't remember everything, so they could not trust Flynn.

Either Flynn lied to them, which means their assessment was wrong, or he told them the truth, and they knew all along what he was doing. That means that the claim that they fired him due to lack of trust was wrong.

In the end, either they were lying about why they fired him, or they lied about when they found everything out, as well as the legal implications of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yep. They need to all be painted with this. Don't give them an out. They are all implicit in this.
    At this point, yes. At most, we have critical statements from a handful of them for the more egregious offenses by Trump, but by and large they've all been more than happy to fall in line and goose-step with the best of them.

They are all implicit in this, and need to be held accountable for the remainder of their careers. However long they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Well, I mean, it's Rand...Paul.
    Rand Paul has become nothing more than a Republican shill. He's nothing like his father sued to be.

I'm genuinely struggling to know how to respond to this. He is basically saying "why would we want to find out if he did something illegal? He's one of ours."
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

It's just the way he so blatantly admits that they won't investigate, because it will hinder their ability to implement the laws that they want. Anyone with half a functioning brain knows the GOP agenda at this point, but the fact that they feel so emboldened to basically say "fuck you, we'll do what we want " blows my mind.

It's just the way he so blatantly admits that they won't investigate, because it will hinder their ability to implement the laws that they want. Anyone with half a functioning brain knows the GOP agenda at this point, but the fact that they feel so emboldened to basically say "fuck you, we'll do what we want " blows my mind.
    Absolutely, they have no shame anymore.

Also, as an aside - more related to the general incompetence of this administration - http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-orders-report

How the fuck do they screw up on such basic shit as making sure that Executive Orders are correctly posted on their web page?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm genuinely struggling to know how to respond to this. He is basically saying "why would we want to find out if he did something illegal? He's one of ours."
    Exactly. How any rational human being, no matter what side of the political spectrum you're on could condone such behavior is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Rand Paul has become nothing more than a Republican shill. He's nothing like his father sued to be.
    Ron Paul wasn't all that impressive to me so I don't consider that an indictment of Rand. I think he benefited from the insanity that was the Tea Party which made him look relatively acceptable.

Rand's own statements and policies are enough of one.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Ron Paul wasn't all that impressive to me so I don't consider that an indictment of Rand. I think he benefited from the insanity that was the Tea Party which made him look relatively acceptable.

Rand's own statements and policies are enough of one.
    I liked Ron Paul, because he pushed against both parties. He was a bit too much of a states' rights conservative, but was still more in favor of personal freedoms than the rest of the DC folks.

Absolutely, they have no shame anymore.

Also, as an aside - more related to the general incompetence of this administration - http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-orders-report

How the fuck do they screw up on such basic shit as making sure that Executive Orders are correctly posted on their web page?
    "Won't change the document once it's signed"

We'll how about proof reading the damned document before you hand it over to cheeto in chief?

Flynn should be investigated. The evidence is mounting against him, and the rest of the trump administration. We are barely three weeks in.

Either the republicans will play ball as the information keeps mounting against Trump and his band of traitors, or they will be ousted in two years. And we all know how much the republicans love being reelected.

Exactly. How any rational human being, no matter what side of the political spectrum you're on could condone such behavior is beyond me.
    That's been a defining factor in a lot of the controversies surrounding Trump: issues that should not, logically speaking, be at all partisan. The possible influence on an election by outside powers? A mishandled raid that killed civilians and a soldier unnecessarily? Cabinet members that are self-evidently unfit for their posts? A president all but kowtowing to one of our biggest rivals? Yet the GOP does nothing about them.