Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I question the sanity (or loyalty, beyond gaining power) of anyone that joined the Trump team. So pense is not a normal republican, just an opportunist trying to gain power.

I meant people like Rubio, Jeb, Mitt, etc... Or whoever the Republicans will run next election.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in education, healthcare, infrastructure, infant mortality rates, etc... when compared to the EU, or other developed, or developing nations.

But Trump did not really mean those when he said MAGA, he just wanted to take it back to the 1950's. When saying what he has been saying was normal, and racists, etc, were not shamed into silence.
    #MAGA was purely a play to the right's love of feeling like a victim. That mean ol' Obama ruined this country (ignore the low unemployment and growing economy!), brown people are flooding over the border (ignore that more undocumenteds are leaving than staying!), and other brown people are allowed to come in and blow us up (ignore that we have the strictest vetting process in the world!) "Only I can fix it," he said, and he's doing a great job fixing things, all right... just in the same way a vet fixes a dog.

New York Times is reporting Flynn was interviewed by the FBI in Early January regarding his Russian contacts, and investigators believe he intentionally misled them.

*cue dramatic music*

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this still accurate? It's pretty much the only thing I read at work because everything else was all over the place: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...ssia.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    New York Times is reporting Flynn was interviewed by the FBI in Early January regarding his Russian contacts, and investigators believe he intentionally misled them.

*cue dramatic music*
    And of course, there's no chance this begins and ends with Flynn. This is going to be...crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    And of course, there's no chance this begins and ends with Flynn. This is going to be...crazy.
    If it goes anywhere. Republicans will try to cover this up in efforts to push through their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    If it goes anywhere. Republicans will try to cover this up in efforts to push through their agenda.
    It depends on how they are going to try and cover this up. If they let Trump do it with his weird communication app, it might become unsustainable.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Is this still accurate? It's pretty much the only thing I read at work because everything else was all over the place: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...ssia.html?_r=0
    Well in addition there is some talk that Flynn also received monetary payments from Russia. I'm not sure how much but still.

So to kind of summarize what makes it a big deal and why there's a lot of smoke and questions pointing to more seriousness...

- Flynn talking with the Russians about sanctions (likely discussing sanction lifting once Trump goes into office, but in exchange for what - repaying for their election help?), especially before Trump was sworn in violates the Logan act. And apparently at some point in the past he received money from Russia.
    - Flynn then lied about it, at least to Pence.
    - Trump has known about it since the 9th, and had not made it public. That raises the whole Russian election connection question again.
    - Why was US intelligence wiretapping Flynn? It insinuates that they already had other evidence to investigate him beyond what public info we have.
    - There have been leaks of intelligence withholding info from the White House because they have been seeing info shared with them getting back to Russia.

The million dollar question still goes back to how deep it goes in the connection between Russia and Trump. Was Flynn acting alone which seems very unlikely, or is there a connection like Iran-Contra with Flynn playing the intermediate like Oliver North did as far as the Russian influence in elections with Trump? And even if Flynn acted alone, why was apparently the White House covering it up (or at least keeping it quiet). I don't know if it can be proven, but if it comes out that Trump through Flynn was coordinating election influence in 2016 with the Russians in order to win, in exchange for favorable policy changes such as sanction lifting after Trump went into office...that would really, really, make Watergate look tiny and would be very much impeachable.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2017-02-15 at 12:12 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    McConnell is opening up a Senate investigation into Flynn's contacts with Russia before, during, and after the election. It's going somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    McConnell is opening up a Senate investigation into Flynn's contacts with Russia before, during, and after the election. It's going somewhere.
    Wonder if he thinks he will have better luck with Pence in charge...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Well in addition there is some talk that Flynn also received monetary payments from Russia. I'm not sure how much but still.

So to kind of summarize what makes it a big deal and why there's a lot of smoke and questions pointing to more seriousness...

- Flynn talking with the Russians about sanctions (likely discussing sanction lifting once Trump goes into office, but in exchange for what - repaying for their election help?), especially before Trump was sworn in violates the Logan act. And apparently at some point in the past he received money from Russia.
    - Flynn then lied about it, at least to Pence.
    - Trump has known about it since the 9th, and had not made it public. That raises the whole Russian election connection question again.
    - Why was US intelligence wiretapping Flynn? It insinuates that they already had other evidence to investigate him beyond what public info we have.
    - There have been leaks of intelligence withholding info from the White House because they have been seeing info shared with them getting back to Russia.

The million dollar question still goes back to how deep it goes in the connection between Russia and Trump. Was Flynn acting alone which seems very unlikely, or is there a connection like Iran-Contra with Flynn playing the intermediate like Oliver North did as far as the Russian influence in elections with Trump? And even if Flynn acted alone, why was apparently the White House covering it up (or at least keeping it quiet). I don't know if it can be proven, but if it comes out that Trump through Flynn was coordinating election influence in 2016 with the Russians in order to win, in exchange for favorable policy changes such as sanction lifting after Trump went into office...that would really, really, make Watergate look tiny and would be very much impeachable.
    And all of this ties into the 19.5% sale of the Russia gas company shortly after the election to a labyrinth of shell corporations. The same percentage of the company that was listed in the documents from the former British spy dossier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Or you know give them over to a blind trust that isn't his children...
    Sorry I'm a bit behind in the thread but you are aware that currently there is not even a blind trust by his children right? He never signed any papers transferring control. The big stack he tried to show off was a fake. Calls made later to varies institutions where he would have to file paperwork to transfer control have confirmed they never got anything.

Trump still has 100% control of his businesses.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if he thinks he will have better luck with Pence in charge...
    Pence is at least presidential looking/acting. Crazy as a shithouse rat (electric shock therapy for gay couples - a bill he sponsored), but manageable and not embarrassing to the country.

And the GOP needs to think about 2018 - they could lose everything if Trump takes them down with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we will be better off as Americans with Pense in charge, instead of Bannon and Trump.
    Debatable. Yea orange troll doll is bad but the fundamentalist pence is pretty bad too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    daily caller, uk daily mail, breitbart, fox news, infowars, newsmax and worldnetdaily are all pretty good news sites.
    infowars bahahahahahaha
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence is at least presidential looking/acting. Crazy as a shithouse rat (electric shock therapy for gay couples - a bill he sponsored), but manageable and not embarrassing to the country.

And the GOP needs to think about 2018 - they could lose everything if Trump takes them down with him.
    It would be an excellent opportunity for any opposition parties. Unfortunately the oppsition party the democrats never saw an opportunity they couldnt pass on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    infowars bahahahahahaha
    Chemicals in the water are turning frogs gay. Thats real news. Cnn fake news.

And all of this ties into the 19.5% sale of the Russia gas company shortly after the election to a labyrinth of shell corporations. The same percentage of the company that was listed in the documents from the former British spy dossier.
    See, that's far too coincidental for the intelligence committee to not look into. Around this time, trumps stance also reflected what the dossier stated in exchange for the 19%~ stake into the state owned oil company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I mean both are bad. But if it's a fundamentalist vs Emperor Bannon, I think the fundamentalist's agenda would be easier to undo than the damage that Bannon and Trump are doing and will continue to do.
    Brother I hope so. They will of course try to distance themselves as much as they can from this administration. They need to be tied to trump at every opportunity.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I mean both are bad. But if it's a fundamentalist vs Emperor Bannon, I think the fundamentalist's agenda would be easier to undo than the damage that Bannon and Trump are doing and will continue to do.
    I agree. At this point outright treason is actually on the table from the actions of Flynn. God only knows what those idiots are doing now that we gave them the keys to the kingdom.

Pence, while crazy, acts and behaves Presidential - and would be able to carry on fairly well - evangelical agenda or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    See, that's far too coincidental for the intelligence committee to not look into. Around this time, trumps stance also reflected what the dossier stated in exchange for the 19%~ stake into the state owned oil company.
    This is going to get really, really bad. Like way past "I told you so" bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we will be better off as Americans with Pense in charge, instead of Bannon and Trump.
    With Pense it'll be like any other republican president pretty much.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Not to mention that his stance on gays is far, far unlikely to be implemented into actual law. He'll be on a tight leash after taking the reigns from Trump. I'd take a fundamentalist, over a whatever the fuck bannon is any day of the week.