10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh shit someone stated a opinion you don't like, Call the police.

As it stands and from what is known, ya I think its shitty. I also added in I hope they prove me wrong, but with everything that has been announced pre-switch reveal. I have no faith in Nintendo.

Also really....locking hardmode behind a season pass and you are defending this....fucken lol.
    I'm defending season passes as well as defending Nintendo in regards to people saying this is overpriced when we don't know the quantity of what's on display.

The fact you can't buy the DLC separately is shit. The fact that hard mode is being charged for is shit. I don't think LoZ needs DLC tbh, but it always annoys me when people lose their shit the moment "Season Pass" is uttered.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...ld-season-pass

Its clear as hell this content was cut from the game, Even more so since it will be releasing this year. You don't just make a story in a few months and put it in. That shit takes time.
    what makes you think this? we dont know how long breath ended development, the art team couldve started working on the dungeon after the game went gold and then they thought up a story for it afterwards (like nintendo usually does)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Whatever respect I had for Nintendo died with the announcement of the Zelda BOTW season pass.

For $20 you don't get dick.......
    But I have yet to see people complain about Wolf Link amiibo which adds a mini-DLC. People are even willing to pay 60 bucks for it. But GOD forbid they add DLC, of which we don't know the details, except the basic contents.

Hell, people contemplated not buying the game because it has DLC. But at the same time, those people are willing to buy DLC in the form of 15 dollar figurines. Hypocrites, all of them!

And let's not forget, most people who have actually experienced Nintendo DLC, usually all agree that Nintendo handled DLC quite well in the past. At the very least, they gave us the basic info of the content of the DLC. Which some companies don't even do. They throw in season passes before people even know what's in it.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-02-14 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    20 for a single dungeon seems like a rip off.
    depends on how big the dungeon is.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The Wii rode on the success of gimmicks, the right ones at the right time, I really wish people would stop using it to say we don't need x because the wii.
    Why, is it impossible for the Switch can do well without ps4 ports?
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    20 for a single dungeon seems like a rip off.
    But the DLC is not a single dungeon. May I recommend the nearest Specsavers?

- - - Updated - - -

And my take on this DLC's value depends solely on the scope of the added story mode, and what kind of hardmode is being added.

If it's the same shtick where they increase enemy damage, I'll be a wee bit pissed. If it's more close to, say, the OoT master quest, then I have no complaints.

Although I personally think the latter is more reasonable since enemies already seem to hit like a truck sometimes, I'll still hold my breath. Also, it says "New Hardmode". Maybe we'll get a different type of hardmode on top of an already existing one. But we don't know.

My advice: Cease your irrational balltripping at once until we have more details on the DLC, don't go talking shit based on... baseless assumptions. It's like the "Paid online" service all over again, with people assuming it was gonna be 60 dollars only to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-02-14 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of the new story content if they don't plan on ever doing a "Complete Edition" of their big games (hopefully Mario Kart 8 and the rumored Splatoon/Smash Switch versions are the start of it). If this is something important to the overall lore of the series and not just random side-quests, it will be a real kick in the balls to have no way to access the content when they move on to their next system after the Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    depends on how big the dungeon is.
    How big does it need to be? SS had the right balance of size in my opinion. TP dungeons were a little bit on the large size.

I would rather have more smaller SS themed dungeons than a massive labyrinth.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    But the DLC is not a single dungeon. May I recommend the nearest Specsavers?
    What else do I get? A shirt? Map Features? A cave of Trials? Hard mode? Mysterious Story content? Sounds like a lot of fake content. If hard mode mirrors the world like Master quest ... then fuck yes. The fact that Nintendo hasn't told us suggest that there isn't much. Anyone who buys this blindly is just another fool with his money.

But I will give it one thing I like - It isn't behind some stupid fucking Amiibo. I am very thankful for that.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-02-14 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I don't like the idea of the new story content if they don't plan on ever doing a "Complete Edition" of their big games (hopefully Mario Kart 8 and the rumored Splatoon/Smash Switch versions are the start of it). If this is something important to the overall lore of the series and not just random side-quests, it will be a real kick in the balls to have no way to access the content when they move on to their next system after the Switch.
    Well, I'm sure that will come at some point, just like most games with expansions and added content. I'm sure that the DLC is not very important to the main story. Some people in here treat it like you can only finish the game by buying more content later, which I think is extremely unlikely.
    Mother pus bucket!

BotW has a Hard Mode in it already the DLC is adding a second Hard(er?) Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    BotW has a Hard Mode in it already the DLC is adding a second Hard(er?) Mode.
    There is a game coming out a month after Zelda in the west already out in Japan.

It has hard and very hard difficulty options.

It had them since day 1 with no pay wall separating you from them. Oh, and it's just one of hundreds of games like this...

Locking difficulty behind a paywall is the dumbest shit ever. Not the first time Nintendo pulled this shit either, the hardest mode in TPHD was locked behind a fucking amiibo(Ganon).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-15 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is a game coming out a month after Zelda in the west already out in Japan.

It has hard and very hard difficulty options.

It had them since day 1 with no pay wall separating you from them. Oh, and it's just one of hundreds of games like this...

Locking difficulty behind a paywall is the dumbest shit ever. Not the first time Nintendo pulled this shit either, the hardest mode in TPHD was locked behind a fucking amiibo(Ganon).
    Tales of Berseria has six difficulty modes, only two are locked behind "do X number of battles on Y difficulty" achievements. The only way it would be acceptable is if it's a full-on Master Quest (i.e. flipped world, redesigned dungeons and puzzles), which I think we all know it won't be since a Master Quest DLC alone would probably cost $20. It's most likely just gonna be Twilight Princess HD hard mode (double damage, MAYBE a flipped world).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope GTA5 comes to the Switch. It ran on a 360, so they could take that version and upscale it slightly for the Switch. Maybe just improve view distance some and reduce pop in would be enough. Portable GTA could sell well.

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't get is why people think The Switch is going to deliver PS4/XB1/PC quality gaming when its a mobile device.

Lets say for giggles that its CPU is as powerful as a PS4. It still has no where near the Ram and the GPU will still be lacking. The system is its own bottleneck. Its also once again mobile. So there is heating issues that would need to be taken care of.

The PS4 runs a average of 30C (If I recall correct). No one is going to sit there with a mobile device that is running 30C and the device itself will melt if it ran that hot.

Like I been saying. Its a amazing Handheld Console, Its a lackluster Home Console. Nintendo should have marketed it as a 3DS replacement and just swept the Wii-U under the rug. Now that they are marketing it as a Home Console people expect Home Console quality.

The Switch is not going to have current gen Home Console Quality. At Best it will have last gen home console quality.

Here is a example of that.

The Wii-U was more powerful then the PS3 and yet run Watch Dogs much worse. The Switch won't be any different and in fact it will be much worse in comparison.
    The WiiU port looked better in most situations, but ran like crap because they didn't have time/faith in the system to optimize it. WiiU was capable of more than devs used it for. WiiU would have been a huge success if it had come out in 2009 or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    The Wii sold 30 million units worldwide in its first two years, and 100 million in its lifetime. It didn't get many AAA ports. I've already been through this part of gaming history, if the console isn't up to snuff, developers will absolutely NOT port their games to it. The Switch could sell 50 million in its first two years and at best it would just get a bunch of shovelware. The fact that developers are open about not bothering with it before it's even released is a pretty big deal, they didn't even do that with the Wii. I do hope some developers change their minds, but it's looking to me like they've already abandoned the system.
    The Switch is closer to the Xbox One than the Wii was to the 360.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...ld-season-pass

Its clear as hell this content was cut from the game, Even more so since it will be releasing this year. You don't just make a story in a few months and put it in. That shit takes time. But for giggles lets say it wasn't cut from the game. Look at pack 1, that is shit they should be in the base game and not cost $20 to get.

For the overall bundle its highly lacking for the price they want. This DLC is more lacking then the FFXV Season Pass, I mean hell at lease that is adding a full Multiplayer Mode.

Hell this feels more lacking then MK8 dlc and I though that was priced really well.

Hope Nintendo proves me wrong, but they haven't yet...
    How is that clear? Maybe they developed it while they ported it to Switch?

GTAV at 75 million copies sold and port begging it for the switch? Then again it's the same guy that gets excited about every 4 year old game getting a Switch port.

Rockstar is done past GTAV ports at this point. In case you been living under a rock they have a new game coming out this holiday and the Switch won't be able to handle a port of it...

GTAV at 75 million copies sold and port begging it for the switch? Then again it's the same guy that gets excited about every 4 year old game getting a Switch port.

Rockstar is done past GTAV ports at this point. In case you been living under a rock they have a new game coming out this holiday and the Switch won't be able to handle a port of it...
    eh theyd probably get a few sales out of it tbh. i know id like to play gta 5 on the go from time to time. if rockstar can get everyone to buy gta 5 2 (and in some pc players cases 3) times im sure they can do it again

Been able to play GTAV on the go since 2014. The fact people still keep trying to tell me this is something amazing boggles me. Remote play on the Vita is excellent if your home PS4 is on at min a 5mb upload network.

The only games this actually matters for the switch in is fast paced shooters and fighting games. Neither of which I would play on the go as both are terrible on small screens with background distractions.

Not to mention Rockstar North doesn't like Nintendo because Nintendo screwed them over back in the n64 gen. Funny they where pretty much a 2nd party to Nintendo before that, good job burning that bridge tendo... They would only go on to create possibly the most successful franchise in AAA gaming.

Been able to play GTAV on the go since 2014. The fact people still keep trying to tell me this is something amazing boggles me. Remote play on the Vita is excellent if your home PS4 is on at min a 5mb upload network.

The only games this actually matters for the switch in is fast paced shooters and fighting games. Neither of which I would play on the go as both are terrible on small screens with background distractions.

Not to mention Rockstar North doesn't like Nintendo because Nintendo screwed them over back in the n64 gen. Funny they where pretty much a 2nd party to Nintendo before that, good job burning that bridge tendo... They would only go on to create possibly the most successful franchise in AAA gaming.
    i didnt say it was likely. just that if they did put it on the switch it would probably still do okay

- - - Updated - - -

"Quizzed on whether the two distinct 'teams' would be brought together, Aonuma-san was clear in saying that this isn't in his plans.

The dev pace is not really dependent on how many people are on a team, so combining them would not necessarily expedite the development pace. The 3DS team and the Wii U team have different approaches to game development, so I don't necessarily want to combine them and have them think together, but rather have each think about what they can bring to Nintendo Switch from their own perspective.

The handheld development team will not be phased out because of Nintendo Switch. Switch will allow the users to bring their home console on the go, but this doesn't mean handheld game development like Nintendo 3DS will be discontinued.

Aonuma-san said there is 'definitely a possibility' of the handheld team working on a 2D title for the Switch, before explaining that he's challenging that group to come up with an 'evolved 2D style'.

There are definitely good things about the 2D world and the playstyles of the 2D world. There are a lot of fans who enjoy that style. This Nintendo Switch style, which is the evolved style of gameplay is not necessarily… I want you to think of it more as an evolved style of 2D style. For the 3DS team, I am trying to make them think in a more evolved 2D-style approach."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...dheld_dev_team

- - - Updated - - -

this may be a bit controversial but id really like a zelda game in the style of zelda 2.

castlevania was inspired by zelda 2 and imo zelda 2 is one of the greatest zelda games.

hell id even settle for an hd zelda 2 remake for the switch.

unlikely, but i think it be awesome

Well a Indie Dev leaked The Switch's hardware spec's.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/990...e-specs-leaked

A possible leaked Nintendo internal document from July 2016 shows a full rundown of what hardware will be providing the Nintendo Switch's graphics, processing, sound, and other capabilities. The specification listing not only lists the capabilities of the Nintendo Switch's hardware, but what functionality of that hardware will be available to developers.

Nintendo Switch CPU
    The CPU powering the Nintendo Switch CPU is a quad-core ARM Cortex-A57 with a top speed of 2 GHz, an L2 cache of 2 MB, and capable of running the ARMv8 64-bit instruction set. However, only three cores will be available to developers with the fourth presumably being reserved for system-level functions.

Nintendo Switch GPU

The GPU powering the Nintendo Switch's graphics will be a second-generation NVIDIA Maxwell processor. The processor will have 256 CUDA cores running at a maximum for 1 GHz and capable of 1024 GigaFLOPS per cycle, a texture rate of 16 pixels per cycle, fill rate of 14.4 pixels per cycle. As of the publication of this document it had yet to be determined what functionality game developers could access from the GPU.

Nintendo Switch Portable Built-In Display
    The Nintendo Switch is equipped with a 6.2" IPS LCD screen with 720p resolution. The screen has 10-point capacitive multi-touch capability and a built-in brightness sensor. Developers can use the built-in display with no limitations.

Nintendo Switch Video Decoder and Output
    The video decoder and output stats for the Nintendo Switch bode well for 4K UHD adopters. The Switch is capable of decoding H.265, H.264, VP9, and VB8 at 60fps at 4K. At launch, the Switch will also have the capability to output not only 1080p at 60fps but also 4K at 30fps. While developers currently only can design their games to output in 1080p at 60fps, there's always the possibility that the Nintendo Switch might someday be updated so that 4K gaming is a possibility.

Nintendo Switch Audio Output
    The Nintendo Switch is capable of outputting 192 kHz, 24-bit 7.1 channel surround sound. However, developers are limited to a max of 48 kHz, 16-bit, 5.1 channel sound.
    Nintendo Switch Portable Built-In Speakers
    The speakers built into the Nintendo Switch unit are capable of Stereo sound at 48 kHz, 16-bit, and 2 channels. Developers have no contraints on the output for these speakers.

Nintendo Switch RAM
    The Nintendo Switch is equipped with 4 GB of LPDDR4 RAM with a bandwidth of 25.6 GB/s. The VRAM is shared with the GPU, though system architecture details aren't available to make a guess on whether that will be a detriment to developers or not. When the Nintendo Switch launches only 3.25 GB of the total 4 GB capacity will be available for developers to use. However, in the future, Nintendo states that updates will make the full size available.

Nintendo Switch Storage Compatibility
    The Nintendo Switch will support microSD, SDHC, and SDXC cards. However, developers cannot access the SD card from their applications. The Switch also has 32 GB of built-in internal storage available for saves or downloaded applications.

Nintendo Switch Networking
    The Switch Wi-Fi has an IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compatible Wireless LAN chip that can be used on the dock or in portable mode. The dock can use Wired LAN via USB for speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second. Developers can make use of both of these connections when designing games, but cannot use the built in Bluetooth 4.0 + LE connection in applications.

Nintendo Switch Connectivity
    The Switch features two USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 ports and uses a USB Type-C connector to both power the Nintendo Switch when it's in portable mode, and to provide power to the Switch Dock when playing on TV. The dock is connected to a TV or monitor via a standard HDMI Type-A cord.

These hardware specifications, while compelling, are dated July 15, 2016, and still reference the Nintendo Switch as the Nintendo NX. We've not been able to confirm the veracity of these documents independently, and they're from NeoGAF so please take them with a grain of salt. However, these hardware specs are in line with rumors we've already heard. We'll find out for sure just what makes the Nintendo Switch tick when it releases on March 3.
    This is based on the July 2016 Dev Kit and its 100% unlikely that the release model will be different(If the specs are true). This leaked spec falls in line with everything we have been hearing.

So its safe to say the Terga X1 is in this system.

With that said.....Kiss any Multi-platform big AAA games goodbye. The system is not powerful enough to run them.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-15 at 09:26 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I dont know why people are so preoccupied with the damn specs when every single time its the same as the old leaks that have been proven reliable time and time again.

the gameboy didnt get ports of ps2 games
    the ds and 3ds didnt get ports of ps3 games
    the switch wont get ports of ps4 games (except the occasional budget title)

and thats fine.

3rd parties will make their own games for the system because it will be the only handheld on the market with the vita dead and phones still incapable of providing full experiences

the ds and the 3ds got a good selection of 3rd party titles. switch will too, with the added benefit of also receiving whatever nintendos former home console devs are working on

The 3DS had pretty shit 3rd party support, don't fool yourself. Sure it has a few bangers from capcom, atlus and square but wrap your head around the fact that the Vita is still to this day getting more games released on it then the 3DS.

The DS 3rd party support was even shittier and was mostly shovelware as most 3rd party handheld games where PSP exclusive in that gen.

Why you ask? Because Nintendo is shit and hinders 3rd parties, makes games more expensive to print etc and Sony gives 3rd parties great deals and helps them with tools for making games.

Until Nintendo changes, I don't see this changing. Ports of 5 year old indy games is not changing my mind, especially when they're all fucking games the Wii U already had.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-15 at 09:49 AM.