Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The hypocrisy of the people and the media strikes again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    MCNs take a cut of your earnings for supposed benefits like channel protection from copyright strikes/ect. I ran my own channel with Adsense for 2 years before joining Maker's smaller network. You can make money just fine on your own. A lot of people do it. Totalbiscuit, Jesse Cox, ect.

The only part of a MCN paying a partner is the ad revenue they already earned. Other than that, Pewdiepie was also making some, although MUCH less than just 50 million sub video ad revenues, money from Youtube Red, whose series was canceled.
    It's highly unlikely that Pewdipie was on anything less than 100% revenue share. He probably also got other perks like a sign-up bonus, contract renewal bonuses and lots of other free perks (flying him places, whatever PR bullshit he does, etc). Channels like him don't function like most channels. There are networks who would (and probably did) literally pay him to have his name attached to them because the marketing and association was worth more than whatever money they spend buying his partnership.

Its interesting. Us as partners have rights too. And I sincerely doubt that it just so happened to be the 30 day period where you can willingly leave a MCN. If that isn't the case and they broke their contract with him to drop him, he can totally sue the fuck out of them. They get some of our ad revenue in the agreement that they cover us for that particular length of time.
    Unlikely. Many (most?*) MCN contracts have clauses that allow the network to break the contract early/at will, just not the creator.'

* hard to say for sure since so many won't release their contracts publicly
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-02-15 at 04:55 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Unlikely. Many (most?*) MCN contracts have clauses that allow the network to break the contract early/at will, just not the creator.'

* hard to say for sure since so many won't release their contracts publicly
    Not sure about that. I remember actually reading through my entire thing and didn't see that there. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about that. I remember actually reading through my entire thing and didn't see that there. *shrugs*
    I would check again. I can almost guarantee it is in there precisely as legal protection for situations like this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I would check again. I can almost guarantee it is in there precisely as legal protection for situations like this.
    I don't care enough about any of this to do that, so I'll just assume you're right.

I bet ole Walt is spinning in his grave over this.....
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Of course I can pick people out and say what their motives are. Is it ethical? Absolutely not. Do I even give a shit about PewDiePie? Not really. -snip-
    Yeah, you really don't care about this guy, yet you linger on a single word I've said and you attack anyone who says anything negative about him. We can see right through you.

Oh, and I never called him out on his intelligence.

Stupid
    adjective
    having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
    informal
    used to express exasperation or boredom. <----
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

i'd never heard of him until i saw that episode of south park

He is filthy rich alredy and has a pet girlfriend. What more does he want ? :P
    Well, maybe he did want to get out of Maker, wouldn't surprise me tbh. It would actually be kinda funny if they lost their cash cow, seeing how they treat the less popular youtubers they are supposed to protect (they don't..) I'd not care if they had a few more difficulties in the future .

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Just watch this and you will understand why the massive over reaction is well.. a massive overreaction. I don't even like Pewdiepie much but even I could tell what the point of his video was.

Oy vey, if they had said "Death to all hamburgers". Them's fighting words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I bet ole Walt is spinning in his grave over this.....
    Wasn't he reportedly anti-semitic himself? Or was your comment sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I defintely took it as the later .

think sarcasme but that was different times in the end

Nazi-Germany is known for the hatred towards Jews for obvious reasons but that doesn't change the fact that jews in general where hated in Europe and NA. So that Disney didn't like Jews wasn't that weird for those times.

One of the reasons why the whole Judeo-Christian values line by fascist is actually hypocritical is because the Judeo part wasn't really respecter till after WW2.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-02-15 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Just watch this and you will understand why the massive over reaction is well.. a massive overreaction. I don't even like Pewdiepie much but even I could tell what the point of his video was.
    Poor guy, he's like the kid that kept playing with matches and burnt the family home down. Except he couldn't stop himself from playing with racists memes, lost some sponsors and credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Jersey shore people are rich, they must be intelligent, great logic there mate.
    Does that count for Trump aswel?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Does that count for Trump aswel?
    you guys are obsessed about Trump, this wasn't even about politics, if it helps you understand the initial argument, sure, include Trump, and countless other examples.

Yeah he was. My comment could taken many numbers of ways based on what people know about Walt.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Good for PewDiePie tbh. In the same video someone denied to do a MathLab thing where Pewds asked them to draw a graph that looked like a penis. The people on Fiverr are the ones at fault as they chose to do what they did. It's no different than that game show on College Humor called I Want My Phone Back ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaKVvBsMa54 ) where he can do or say whatever but the ball stops at the contestant (this case, Fiverr seller). This 'stunt' was just comedy and those who take it seriously are those same people who get offended when they see comedians tell jokes they don't like (ex. Daniel Tosh's rape joke).

And btw, the full video with the sign was of two Indian kids laughing, they do a sort of tug-of-war with a scroll of paper, one pulls it away and unravels it (it has 'DEATH TO ALL JEWS' written on it), then they say to the camera 'Subscribe to Keemstar'.

Edit: Here's the video they're ranting about, it was not taken down from his channel https://youtu.be/KtxXKezbQ9w?t=10m53s
    Last edited by Aflakk47; 2017-02-15 at 02:38 PM.

Context matters. And, while I'm not particularly a fan nor demographic target for Pewdiepie's videos, I can spot disgraceful hit pieces from the media. Crush them.