Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I... don't understand. What point are you trying to make?
    Not sure about him, but the way I see it. With how hated Trump is nationally, even among the Republican party and getting worse by the day with his actions.

If they voted to keep him during an impeachment, that could potentially be suicide for them come re-election as the democrats will already be trying to come out in force trying to remove them and then combined that with the republicans coming to remove them for that. Even with the districts gerrymandered to screw the voters, they might not be able to overcome that or may even be taken out by another republican challenging him.

Wondering how the next elections will be in North Carolina since they are finally forced to redraw our districts. As it stands, with a 50/50 split in the vote, our seats get split 3/10 in favor of the republicans and even when we had a 55/45 split in favor of the democrats, the republicans still got favored 9 to 4 for the seats. It would take 80+% of the popular vote if the Democrats were even to get near half the seats. Hope that changes by next elections with something more equitable, otherwise, I do foresee violence within this state sometime within the next 10 years because more and more people here are getting pissed with their votes not counting and getting screwed.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    *snippy snip*

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-16 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Chug chug chug, gulp, chug.

Jesus, you Trumpers really do live in your own world. Do you even realize how intellectually bankrupt your statement is?
    you act as if you are an enlightened person yourself, we both know what the deal is.

*snippy snip*

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-16 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I think you should think on why people are supporting his choices... every order hes given has had a majority of people in favor of it.
    That's factually not true though. Trump has some of the lowest support from any recent incoming president.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Say, does anyone remember during campaign season, when Hillary's emails and Weiner's emails were being plastered all over wikileaks, and Trump and his cult were saying that the American people want transparency and the truth from their leaders?

Why are you guys so against an investigation into Trump? Why are you so against documents and records of calls made to Russia being investigated and leaked? I thought you wanted the truth, but I guess you don't now?

Make up your minds already.
    It also kinda makes me wonder what's more important to them: Donald Trump being President, or getting a "Saner" (I use the term loosely) Republican to easier bring Republican ideals to America.

I mean, some conservatives here are so damned daft that they can't realize that removing Trump actually WORKS in their conservative belief's favor! I'm considered a Liberal and even I know that, and yet am willing to risk that just so our country (and the human race as a whole) has a better chance of coming out of this mess in one piece! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    *snippy snip*
    Pardon the pun but that took balls. She is going to be the subject of so much online bullying and ridicule. People casting the first stone and all that.

But in this case bad press is still good press? Because I did not even know the person till today.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-16 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Pardon the pun but that took balls. She is going to be the subject of so much online bullying and ridicule. People casting the first stone and all that.

But in this case bad press is still good press? Because I did not even know the person till today.
    Major balls and it payed off. #1 album on iTunes and amazon after that. Her sales increased 54,000,000% on amazon in fact. And she didn't just do it for publicity. Based on her tweets, I'd say she is a legit trump supporter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Not sure about him, but the way I see it. With how hated Trump is nationally, even among the Republican party and getting worse by the day with his actions.

If they voted to keep him during an impeachment, that could potentially be suicide for them come re-election as the democrats will already be trying to come out in force trying to remove them and then combined that with the republicans coming to remove them for that. Even with the districts gerrymandered to screw the voters, they might not be able to overcome that or may even be taken out by another republican challenging him.

Wondering how the next elections will be in North Carolina since they are finally forced to redraw our districts. As it stands, with a 50/50 split in the vote, our seats get split 3/10 in favor of the republicans and even when we had a 55/45 split in favor of the democrats, the republicans still got favored 9 to 4 for the seats. It would take 80+% of the popular vote if the Democrats were even to get near half the seats. Hope that changes by next elections with something more equitable, otherwise, I do foresee violence within this state sometime within the next 10 years because more and more people here are getting pissed with their votes not counting and getting screwed.
    There are a large number of "Democracy Index" measuring projects out there, that take into account a plethora of factors when determining how democratic a country, province or state is when it comes to their government.

Several of the factors include...

How happy/approving the populace is of their leaders.
    How much choice the populace feels it has in choosing its leaders.
    How happy/approving the populace is of the legislation its government passes.
    How much the populace is involved in the actual drafting and voting of policy.
    How much policy is approved of by the populace.
    How transparent a government is when it comes to not just policy and legislation but the aims and goals of the state.

You get the idea. There's a huge index of factors.

North Carolina (and many many other conservative states) tend to rank VERY LOW, often lower than many countries we consider undemocratic, because of many factors. One of those factors is gerrymandering, since it undermines the people's choice of representatives. Another is that North Carolina and many other states have not just taken efforts to try and disenfranchise poor black voters through voter ID laws... they've even done things like removing huge portions of poor black voters from the voting registry in many urban and Democrat dominated areas for what amount to very obviously bullshit reasons, and requiring them to re-register to be able to vote. Other factors like laws passed by North Carolina government that the general populace does not approve of, like the bathroom bill that 70% of the state opposes.

When it comes to democracy indexes, the US is beginning to fail, and the index is starting to fall FAST. And the most disturbing part, is that while many liberal states are more or less stable in the index... it's the conservative states that are really in free fall, and dragging the average down fast.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

its going to be a long 8 years

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    typically 8 years is a long time yes your right

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    quick question about US constitutional law: If a president is impeached, will the VP take over for the full term, or will there be preponed elections before the 4 years are over?
    No. Most people don't know what they're talking about regarding impeachment. Impeachment doesn't remove a president from office.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    <SNIP FOR SIZE>
    As a resident of North Carolina, I can definitely see it. Our districts are gerrymandered to hell and back and just finally ruled illegal after causing damage for the majority of a decade. They tried passing ID Laws so bad they were ruled as unconstitutional because they even did studies to find out which forms of IDs minorities lacked the most and tried to surgically target them.

We just had governor McCory lose to a democrat and on the way out they tried to do a late night session where they passed a bill that gutted the incoming governors power and tried to make sure the republicans had control of the elections during every major election year.

Then you had the bathroom bill that you mentioned where they even tried to stuff with riders taking away local governments abilities to set their own minimum wage and stripping military vets and members of the LGBT communities work place protections all while being a "Right-to-Work" (AKA Right to Freeload) state.

This is a state that is firmly blue by the will of the people while purple by popular vote but firmly red on paper due to all that crap. Hoping things get fixed peacefully but they are trying to screw the voters hardcore and more and more are starting to get pissed off with all the crap happening within this state.

We are also a state that blocked the medicare expansion, have repeatedly voted to not legalize pot regardless of what the voters wanted (Non-smoker myself), and they even have tried to put in work requirements to get foodstamps while neglecting the realities as to why the people are on the foodstamps to begin with.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    That's factually not true though. Trump has some of the lowest support from any recent incoming president.
    You debunked your own statement. You know as well as I that Trump & his supporters do not accept facts as truth unless they support their views.

Quote Originally Posted by slitheroutfromtherocks View Post
    Except he's not committing treason. The same side that doesn't care that a ransom was paid to Iran (in various currencies) that will be used to kill servicemen and women in Syria and fund Hezbollah. Didn't care when Obama did it and wouldn't be declaring Obama to be put up in front of a firing squad but demand Trump should be.
    The fact that people like you can't tell the difference between Barrack Obama and Donald Trump says more than anything else can. There's a certain level of delusion that just can't be shattered, and the people that possess that delusion are the ignorant ones living in a world of "but I don't understand!"

Translation: The only thing that Barrack Obama and Donald Trump have in common is that they were both elected President. Otherwise, there's nothing even remotely comparable between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    You debunked your own statement. You know as well as I that Trump & his supporters do not accept facts as truth unless they support their views.
    Even if that were true, it's still better than physically attacking people who don't support your views.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Suck it up, buttercup.
    Reagan would slap the shit out of Trump for selling our government to Russia.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Another I'm triggered thread, Mods: Safe safe here stat!
    Dont be silly mods only close pro-Trump threads or silly Trump threads.

Anti-Trump threads are allowed and encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Losing my damn mind over how unstable his presidency has already become. Any of you who support him have nothing on your side thats majorly towards the popular side.
    If you didn't check the news, you wouldn't even know who the president is or likely anything they are doing. Hardly something to lose your mind over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thought:

What happens if Trump is re-elected in four years?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..