Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    This speech was in Colorado.

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_in_Colorado

"void their mail ballot to vote in person"

It's under Absentee and early voting.
    And yet, people not in Colorado heard it and did it, while it isn't legal in those other states. At the very least you've got incompetence on Trump's part for not specifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Never saw him saying what you are implying. Maybe a video link for me to check?
    Aaaand -silence-

Imagine my surprise
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    And yet, people not in Colorado heard it and did it
    1.) Citation needed.

2.) That's ridiculous. Trump's instructions included voiding your mail in ballot while voting in person. In states that do not use Colorado's system someone coming in to void their mail in ballot would be corrected. I'd imagine that after telling an attendant that you wanted to void your mail in ballot you wouldn't be allowed to vote as you just admitted to voting already.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    At the very least you've got incompetence on Trump's part for not specifying.
    No, the only thing on display here is how eager people are to believe stuff that conforms to their preconceived notions. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I haven't done the same, I might have done it more... Who knows... The best thing to learn from this is skepticism. I'm sure people have fooled me with fake news, but they better do a damn good job because I'm going to look into anything before I accept it as true. HuffPo didn't, and routinely doesn't. Again, a 1-2 minute google search proved otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Aaaand -silence-

Imagine my surprise
    I've been saying quite a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a sec, am I missing something or is the OP (there is no article link?) not even telling who those 31 were actually voting for...?
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2017-02-16 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wait a sec, am I missing something or is the OP (there is no article link?) not eventelling who those 31 were actually voting for...?
    Yeah, I'm guessing that didn't mesh with their "alternative facts."
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Wait a sec, am I missing something or is the OP (there is no article link?) not even telling who those 31 were actually voting for...?
    I googled the first line ("According to State elections director Chris Thomas, at least 31 people in Michigan voted twice during last year’s US presidential election.") and came up with a lot of hits. No telling where the OP got it from but the most popular outlet that Google connected to that phrase was Fox News - Politics.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-election.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Say, did anyone else notice,

1. 31 isn't 3-5 million?
    2. They never mentioned who these people voted twice for. Remember that lady who voted twice for Trump "because Hillary was cheating so she needed to even the playing field"? Yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

Ten bucks says the majority of them, if not all, voted twice for Trump.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Ten bucks says the majority of them, if not all, voted twice for Trump.
    They don't know about this latest batch, but every single other instance of voter fraud so far has been right-wingers voting multiple times for Republican candidates.

If Trump was right... wheres the other 3 millions?

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    They don't know about this latest batch, but every single other instance of voter fraud so far has been right-wingers voting multiple times for Republican candidates.
    Just like HuffPo said Trump wanted people to vote twice?

I mean forget everything you've read about and approach this with common sense. Hillary Clinton had 66 million votes. Do you really think that 100% of those votes are legitimate? Despite those votes spanning 50 different states with numerous different systems and laws surrounding their voting process, manned by no telling how many thousand people who easily could have thrown in a signature or two, etc.

But yea, all the voting fraud happened in favor of Trump. Forget that over half of the Detroit counties have issues with their tallies and that Detriot voted overwhelmingly in favor of Hillary, you still have to account for 99% of the other votes.

The imagination and/or trust required to honestly believe what you just typed rivals that of my 4 year old daughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like HuffPo said Trump wanted people to vote twice?

I mean forget everything you've read about and approach this with common sense. Hillary Clinton had 66 million votes. Do you really think that 100% of those votes are legitimate? Despite those votes spanning 50 different states with numerous different systems and laws surrounding their voting process, manned by no telling how many thousand people who easily could have thrown in a signature or two, etc.

But yea, all the voting fraud happened in favor of Trump. Forget that over half of the Detroit counties have issues with their tallies and that Detriot voted overwhelmingly in favor of Hillary, you still have to account for 99% of the other votes.

The imagination and/or trust required to honestly believe what you just typed rivals that of my 4 year old daughter.
    You are aware, that, without the Detroit example, your statement could just as well be said like this about Trump...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp.....I can tell you if Trump told people to send in a ballot then physically vote again at a polling place here in Oregon I have bad news for Cheetoh Boy....we ONLY vote by mail...there are no polling places. And if he watched the map on election night he can clearly see...we don't like him, he didn't win here. Mass voter fraud, what a friggin joke.

Trump is saying to go in, void your mail in ballot, and vote in person. That's voting once and that's the process in Colorado

The confusion comes in with how Colorado works. Everyone is suppose to get a mail in ballot. If you choose to vote via mail, just fill it out and mail it in. If you want to vote in person you can, but you need to bring in your mail in ballot and have it voided in order to vote in person. That's the process.
    Except as I gather, that's also illegal.

Its like telling someone how to make meth and saying "Yeah, that's the process, so its ok!"

NO. YOU'RE STILL MAKING METH WHICH IS AGAINST THE !#$^ING LAW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking to yourself in a mirror again?

Trump says there was widespread voter fraud (MILLIONS of votes), so far every single case has been right-wingers voting Republican multiple times. I'm 100% for a thorough investigation.

You think they would know whom those 31 had voted for?
    If they could then that would be a really serious problem, much more grave than a few extra votes that are less numerous than even the counting error one has to assume for this amount of votes.

The whole point of having secret votes is to make it impossible to know who casts their vote for whom. Absolutely no exceptions whatsoever.
    Traceable votes are invalid for a reason.